graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Searchin' » Hollies Sessionography / Discography?
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
leesa Post subject: Hollies Sessionography / Discography?

Hiya:

I was curious if anyone had anything like this.

I'm looking for a Discography and/or a Sessions list. I'd love to figure out which of the early Hollies stuff I need to find to create a "Complete" playlist of all the Hollies stuff that Nash was on.

What I'd like to find is a Chronological List of all the Hollies Songs that Graham appeared on. What CDs do I need? Which rereleases are the best Quality? Has anyone done a comparison of the Mono and Stereo versions? Stuff like that.

I noticed that there are so many different Versions of all their albums - Japanese and others. I'm getting a little confused.
PostPosted:Tue Apr 20, 2010 18:55 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

You find in a concert program, originally it was printed in Record Collector.

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Tue Apr 20, 2010 20:16 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject: Re: Hollies Sessionography / Discography?
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

leesa wrote:
Hiya:

I was curious if anyone had anything like this.

I'm looking for a Discography and/or a Sessions list. I'd love to figure out which of the early Hollies stuff I need to find to create a "Complete" playlist of all the Hollies stuff that Nash was on.

What I'd like to find is a Chronological List of all the Hollies Songs that Graham appeared on. What CDs do I need? Which rereleases are the best Quality? Has anyone done a comparison of the Mono and Stereo versions? Stuff like that.

I noticed that there are so many different Versions of all their albums - Japanese and others. I'm getting a little confused.

But I'll make it easy for you, Lessa.

You will want every album released up through 1968. That'll get you the albums. And if you get one of the versions that come with a bunch of bonus tracks, then you'll have essentially all of the non-LP singles and b-sides and EP's and even stuff not released at the time.

Here goes, courtesy of a copy paste from elsewhere on this website:

Date Chart Title

01.Jan.1964 Stay With The Hollies

01.Nov.1964 In The Hollies Style

01.Sep.1965 8 Hollies (1965)

01.Jun.1966 16 Would You Believe

01.Oct.1966 23 For Certain Because

01.Mar.1967 Would You Believe

01.Jun.1967 13 Evolution

01.Oct.1967 Butterfly

Get those, and you'll have the vast majority of Graham's material with the band. And if you do as I suggest and buy versions of the albums on CD's that include many bonus tracks, then you'll truly have almost everything that's been released with Graham's participation.

Oh, and if you're a Nash fanatic, then you'll also want both the 1983 reunion album "What Goes Around" and also the concert CD made from the U.S. tour that Nash participated in, recorded that summer at Kings Island park near Cincinnati.
PostPosted:Tue Apr 20, 2010 20:27 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Oh, and there are extensive threads on the differences between mono and stereo released on the Hollies, both here and elsewhere.
PostPosted:Tue Apr 20, 2010 20:28 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Searchin'
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1