graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music » The next album
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
craigyste Post subject: The next album

Does anyone know if the lads plan to do another album? And if so I really would prefer one with at least 50% original songs on them. Tony is a fantastic songwriter and Bobbys always game for the odd song. Peter surely has song great songs we would love to hear. Prehaps the new Clarke, Hicks, Sylvester team ( IMO the best songwriting team!) could be a Howarth, Hicks, Lauri. Be very interesting. Let me know what the opinions are? Wasnt the last song tony recorded that was his was Naomi, co written with his son Paul in 1989/90? Razz
PostPosted:Sun Mar 21, 2010 21:08 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
loenen16 Post subject: new album
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

If where talking about songwriting then i think Ray and Ian can be join in as well
so there can be a whole new Hollies writing team to make an new album all by them self ?

greetings Bernard Very Happy
PostPosted:Sun Mar 21, 2010 21:41 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
benny-b-goode Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I'm very pessimistic about that. But for good reaons, I think.
The Hollies have stopped releasing albums with own song material on it in 1978 with "A Crazy Steal". They haven't written own songs since 1990 anymore.
I don't think we will get anything new Tony has written himself from them. He won't continue something he stopped doing twenty years ago.
And it's even worse, I think. If I just look at the publishing strategy of the "Then, Now, Always" CD, then I don't think we will get a new CD too soon. And what will the next step be ? A new CD but only sold if you write a personal e-mail to them ??
A new studio CD which has been waiting for its official realease in CD stores for two years now and still is not released doesn't give me much hope for something new. New hit compilations - dozens of them, new studio CD - forget it. Sad
PostPosted:Mon Mar 22, 2010 15:44 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
craigyste Post subject: next album

I think your right benny. But I think that with all the publicity from the roll and roll hall of fame they should either release the now then always album or do a new one andd ride on the back of that coverage. I think that the management should put the album on download, play do it and hmv. Promote it though myspace and facebook? I want the now then always but i have to send a cheque! Id rather paypal or download. That would be great for the overseas fans. I reckon clarkey will have a few songs somewhere they could use lol! Razz
PostPosted:Mon Mar 22, 2010 17:19 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
sherb Post subject: Re: next album

craigyste wrote:
I think your right benny. But I think that with all the publicity from the roll and roll hall of fame they should either release the now then always album or do a new one andd ride on the back of that coverage. I think that the management should put the album on download, play do it and hmv. Promote it though myspace and facebook? I want the now then always but i have to send a cheque! Id rather paypal or download. That would be great for the overseas fans. I reckon clarkey will have a few songs somewhere they could use lol! Razz

I'm not sure why UK fans can't buy Then, Now, Always via Paypal if overseas fans can (that's how I bought my copy, I live in Australia). Maybe you should make enquiries via the site.
PostPosted:Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:29 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I'd love a live album with a mix of the old and new

PostPosted:Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:33 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Sure, at a MINIMUM, the Hall of Fame induction should have produced a buzz sufficient to attract some interest in the new works by the Hollies. I think that both of the Hicks-Elliott albums at a minimum should have been made available through the Internet sellers like Amazon.com and barns&noble.com and suchlike.

Of course, now the wave of impulse purchasers who watched the show have moved on to other things, so that opportunity was lost.

Pity.
PostPosted:Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:45 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject: Re: next album

Site Admin

craigyste wrote:
I want the now then always but i have to send a cheque! Id rather paypal or download.

You can buy this CD using paypal if you wish by following the links on the page. However, you pay the full price of the CD plus costs.

UK customers paying by cheque direct to the Office get a bonus of the postage included in the price.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Thu Mar 25, 2010 14:10 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1