graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road » Autumn Tour
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Thanks Rob, I can see them now. I hope there are still more dates to come.
PostPosted:Mon Apr 26, 2010 18:16 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

Yes there are still some more to come. Keep looking.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Mon Apr 26, 2010 21:59 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Rob,
I have noticed there are no photos up from this years tours in the photo section, a real shame.
Any chance of seeing some?
All the best,
Anthony

PostPosted:Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:13 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

It starts tomorrow! Anyone going to Darlington? I'm really looking forward to Friday when I see them in Croydon. New album (sort of), new tour book. It will be interesting to find out the set list and whether more songs from TNA are included and if so, what songs will be left out.
PostPosted:Mon Oct 04, 2010 13:21 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

You will be pleasantly surprised. Set looks and sounds good.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Mon Oct 04, 2010 23:45 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Barry Post subject:

I am at Darlington tonight. Both Tuesday and tonight are sold out, some 1800 seats. I shall post a review as soon as possible.

Barry
PostPosted:Wed Oct 06, 2010 13:17 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
an Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

The Hollies gave a brilliant live concert in Croydon. There were so many new things to hear and to see… I admire and appreciate more and more their ambition. Instead of laying back they played new arrangements of songs we all know so well, more new brilliant guitar playing, superb new acoustic version of’ Listen to me’, the new song ‘She killed for me’ filled in so well and makes the ‘Then Now Always’ album complete. New keyboard sounds. And of course still great drums! No routine at all. Even new cloths (black shirts and red ties, the color of their recent logo) and a new tourbook. The talks before and after the show made it all very special. Lucky I have some photos. Thanks!
PostPosted:Mon Oct 11, 2010 14:27 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
deliasmiff Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

I'm going to see The Hollies tonight in Edinburgh and am looking forward very much to hearing their old and new material! Very Happy
PostPosted:Sat Nov 13, 2010 14:26 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

deliasmiff wrote:
I'm going to see The Hollies tonight in Edinburgh and am looking forward very much to hearing their old and new material! Very Happy

Did you enjoy the show Delia? Someone has posted some photos on The Hollies Facebook site with comments, sounded good, as always. Sounds like a great venue with Edinburgh Castle in the background.
PostPosted:Mon Nov 15, 2010 13:27 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
John Truman Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I did Glasgow and Edinburgh on Friday and Saturday respectively. Both were great but I think Glasgow just pipped Edinburgh in terms of atmosphere. Reviews to follow.

PostPosted:Mon Nov 15, 2010 18:45 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
deliasmiff Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

Dawn D wrote:
deliasmiff wrote:

Did you enjoy the show Delia? Someone has posted some photos on The Hollies Facebook site with comments, sounded good, as always. Sounds like a great venue with Edinburgh Castle in the background.

It was FANTASTIC... I loved every minute of the show and it was probably me (my name isn't really Delia - just a nickname because I'm always cooking and baking) who posted the pictures on the Hollies Facebook page as I put a pic of Edinburgh Castle on too as it was opposite where the hall was, just above where my car was parked!!!!

I love Peter Howarth (and all the others of course) as he is the perfect front man, is a talented guitarist, and to me, he just has a wonderful stage persona that I haven't seen in anyone for a long time in the many shows I go to see!

I hope it's not too long before they come back to Edinburgh, as the show was over too quickly! Here are three of my video clips I made (camera on lap so as not to disturb people near me, so not as good filming as if I was brave enough to hold it up and actually see what it was pointing at)!!!

The Baby: (I adore this song and Peter does it so well)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5nXnj-HTeU

He Ain't Heavy He's My Brother:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGyzBJEVKEs

The Air That I Breathe:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7sUfnACd4w

I wish singers would announce from the stage if we are allowed to film or take pics as some theatres don't allow it, yet when you tell the singers afterwards, you find they don't mind! I spoke to Peter afterwards and asked if it was OK for me to put some video clips on YouTube and he said, yes, as long as the sound is OK.

I felt sorry for him in a couple of songs as his mic was faulty and not very loud, but he handled it so well with the audience by telling us it proved the show was live.... bless him!!!!
PostPosted:Fri Nov 19, 2010 13:50 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
frostina Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Thank you, Delia, for posting the concert clips. Absolutely wonderful! And the "lap filming" wasn't too bad, either. Thanks again.
PostPosted:Fri Nov 19, 2010 16:32 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Thank you for the Youtube clips etc, wonderful. That will keep me going til the next time I can see them. I quite agree about Peter Howarth, he is a great front man. Good filming from your bag! I tried that once and all I got were the ceiling lights at Fairfield Halls, where they are completely neurotic about anyone taking photos. I was trying to sneak some once when an usher came running out of nowhere towards me (during the concert) but he grabbed a camera from a woman behind me, phew! Laughing
PostPosted:Fri Nov 19, 2010 19:42 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Sandy Post subject:

Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting Delia! I enjoyed that concert clips; Peter is amazing with his singing, and Tony! Well, there are no words to describe this guitar legend! I hope to see them in concert one day. It would be a dream come true!

Sandra

PostPosted:Tue Nov 23, 2010 17:30 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
deliasmiff Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

YOU'RE WELCOME TO CLIPS! If anyone is on the forum just now, Janice Long is going to play a Hollies request for me on her Radio 2 programme (midnight to 2am) that's on at the moment... "The Baby" is what she's going to play for me as I LOVE this song! Cool Cool Cool

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/bbc_radio_two (or on the 'listen again' link for 7 days)
PostPosted:Wed Nov 24, 2010 0:45 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2