graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band » RRHOF Induction Ceremony
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Romany Post subject:

Just found this (www.contactmusic.com):

Nervous Clarke Took Singing Lessons Before Hall Of Fame Concert

THE HOLLIES star ALLAN CLARKE took singing lessons to prepare for the group's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction on Monday night (15Mar10) - to make sure he could hit the high notes.

The Carrie Anne singer was worried his vocals would not be up to par for the band's performance at the gala in New York.

Former bandmember Graham Nash reveals, "When I first called Allan and told him we were being inducted and could he do a couple of songs, he said, 'I haven't sung for 10 years and I don't think I can sing. I'll go to my vocal coach and see if I could figure it out.'

"He called me about a week later and said, 'You know, I don't want to be less than what I was, and I can't commit to the singing.'"

So Nash called on Maroon 5 stars Adam Levine and Jesse Carmichael to join them onstage.

He adds, "In the middle of rehearsal Allan starts singing and he sounds just like he did." Smile
PostPosted:Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:47 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
mervynwhite Post subject:

Well. If I'd put in that effort to attempt to give as polished a performance as possible at a high profile, indeed historic, occasion I would be LIVID with Terry for his pitch invasion.
PostPosted:Wed Mar 17, 2010 14:06 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Bonus Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

mervynwhite wrote:
Well. If I'd put in that effort to attempt to give as polished a performance as possible at a high profile, indeed historic, occasion I would be LIVID with Terry for his pitch invasion.

I thought Terry was a nice and gentle guy. Was he high on drugs or something else? Embarrising, Terry!! You ought to be ashamed!!
PostPosted:Wed Mar 17, 2010 15:06 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
benny-b-goode Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

High on drugs ??? Why ??? His singing doesn't sound good. I have already mentioned that in an earlier post. But why high on drugs ??
PostPosted:Thu Mar 18, 2010 16:28 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic

benny-b-goode wrote:
High on drugs ??? Why ??? His singing doesn't sound good. I have already mentioned that in an earlier post. But why high on drugs ??
Stealing the mic and embarrassing the guest vocalist and everyone on stage and a worldwide audience!! Striptease at 2.11 thru 2.23!! Terrible vocal!! At what should have been the occasion of a lifetime!! High on drugs would at least give him an excuse. He owes a few people an apology regardless of any explanation he may yet provide. He made a complete prat of himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaKKcQ2lkOM
PostPosted:Thu Mar 18, 2010 18:09 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Just seen the induction ceremony speeches on You Tube - at last! Thank you to whoever did that. Great speech by Steven Van Zandt, it gave me goose bumps when he finally said they were inducted and they played Look Through Any Window! Great speech by Allan, very complimentary to all his fellow band members, past and present.
PostPosted:Fri Mar 19, 2010 18:05 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Lou Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

The way I see it, it was Terry's moment too, and he indulged
himself as he saw fit. Laughing

I'm just thrilled we got to see it happen. After waiting and wondering
all these years, I'm about as grateful and content as it gets. Mr. Green

The Hollies
2010 Inductees to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Cool

TONY HICKS
BOBBY ELLIOTT
ALLAN CLARKE
BERNIE CALVERT
TERRY SYLVESTER
GRAHAM NASH
ERIC HAYDOCK

PostPosted:Sat Mar 20, 2010 20:23 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Dawn D wrote:
Just seen the induction ceremony speeches on You Tube - at last! Thank you to whoever did that. Great speech by Steven Van Zandt, it gave me goose bumps when he finally said they were inducted and they played Look Through Any Window! Great speech by Allan, very complimentary to all his fellow band members, past and present.

You're welcome, Dawn, I was the one who posted them. It's an honor and a pleasure to have been able to share this historic event with all of you. I laughed off Terry's antics, but they were rude and embarassing to everyone invovled. I hope Terry's got a very good explanation for that.

There was no feuding between Allan and Terry. Terry just wasn't supposed to be on stage. He was not scheduled to perform. Allan didn't snatch the mike from his hand, but called out to him to give it back to Pat after singing one verse. Terry was so caught up in the moment, that he did not hear Allan, or maybe the music was too loud for him to hear. Allan then pushed the mike, still in Terry's hands, back to Pat. Pat, in turn, took the mike out of Terry's hand and went on singing.

Everyone's speeches were beautiful, and I got choked up hearing Allan speak and seeing him perform with Graham. It was a night to remember.

Here are the links:

Part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nINruIwgEyE

Part 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzSCIF8krp8

Part 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvudWUAmyr8

Part 4:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OWrTET7aIA

http://thehollies.proboards88.com
PostPosted:Mon Mar 22, 2010 21:56 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

We are so grateful to you, Vrinda, for sharing these clips with all of us who could not get Fuse TV.

This was really a historic moment for the Hollies and their legacy.

I am really proud of the band.

A pity Tony & Bobby could not be there, but if they went they would have to rehearse -and that would have meant cancelling UK shows.

I also must confess that the performances by Allan and Graham - even though they certainly were historic - unfortunately were not up to the high standards we have learnt to expect from the Hollies - a standard the band of today certainly keeps holding.

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Tue Mar 23, 2010 16:33 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Thank you again Vrinda (now I know who to thank!) for putting the Hollies induction on Youtube. Very Happy
It was a shame that some other TV company couldn't have got involved to show it overseas, especially as only one of the inductees was from the US.
PostPosted:Tue Mar 23, 2010 18:15 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic

Knut wrote:

I also must confess that the performances by Allan and Graham - even though they certainly were historic - unfortunately were not up to the high standards we have learnt to expect from the Hollies - a standard the band of today certainly keeps holding.

Couldn't agree more Knut. It was a fine "historic occasion" but musically very disappointing. You and I appear to be in the minority in believing that the emperors were wearing few or no musical clothes.
PostPosted:Wed Mar 24, 2010 14:20 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

To be honest both Allan and Graham must be in their late 60's. I felt their performmance was fine,

PostPosted:Wed Mar 24, 2010 20:51 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I was impressed by Graham in the Royal Albert Hall last year, and his newer records are just great!

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Wed Mar 24, 2010 21:11 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Let us all be thankful that we still have Allan, Graham, Tony, Bobby, Terry, Bernie, Eric and Don with us. Not too many groups can boast of that fact. As relates to Graham and Allan's RRHOF performance, I felt they did the best they could do on such short notice. Just to see them on stage with guitars strapped over their shoulders gave me a bit of a chill...like Deja Vu all over again. I will forever love the Hollies.
PostPosted:Wed Mar 24, 2010 22:06 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Well-said, Holliesfan. In Allan's defense, he hasn't sung in ten years, and stepped down because he was losing his voice. He wasn't sure he'd be able to sing with Graham. He took voice lessons, and felt confident enough to go on. Given that situation, I think he did a fantastic job, and we should applaud Allan and Graham. I'm also thankful that Allan, Graham, Tony, Eric, Bobby, Bernie, Terry, and Don are all alive and able to know how much we appreciate their work. The Hollies' music has given me so much pleasure over the years, and will continue to do so. Their Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame performance only further proves how they are able to attract so many fans 47 years after forming.

P.S. You're welcome, Dawn and Knut! It's made me so happy to know I made it possible for other Hollies fans to see their induction, who otherwise would not have been able to see it.

http://thehollies.proboards88.com
PostPosted:Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:16 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Page 3 of 5