The Hollies Forum Index » Write On » Worst Album Covers
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject: Worst Album Covers
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

G'day Everyone Exclamation

Some people have said what album covers they like so I thought it would be nice to get some opinions on what you all think are the worst album covers. Shocked

I think that the worst cover is Hollies Sing Holly and the Evolution cover comes in a close second. I think they could have done something better with the Crazy Steal and Romany covers too. Rolling Eyes

All The Best

Susie

Cool Very Happy
PostPosted:Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:16 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
DistantLight Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi Susie

As I said somewhere else: I think the worst two covers are Crazy Steal and Buddy Holly, they are very poor.
I don't know why they accepted these ugly ones.
What Goes Around isn't very good, too. And of course the Hollies Sing Hollies one is very very bad.

But Romany? I love that one, although I think the Distant Light cover is better. I think it was a very good idea to continue that.
And I think the Evolution cover reflects the music very well, all those colorful experiments and Psychedelic, it fits the music.
PostPosted:Sun Apr 18, 2004 13:07 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
peeji Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

At least on Hollies Sing Hollies you get a picture of the band- I alkways thought Confessions of A Mind could have had a better album cover; especially the artist they used for Distant Light and Romany could have had a field trip.
PostPosted:Sun Apr 18, 2004 14:34 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi all,
I think most of the Hollies Album covers were good, but my vote would have to be Confessions of the mind, a real nothing sort of cover, pity as it's a fantastic album. I don't go much for the Buddy Holly one too. We in Australia had a different cover to Russian Roulette with a photo of the lads on it, they look like they are off to work in the local factory.
My Mums vote for best covers went to Distant Light and Romany, I always loved the cover of Hollies (1974)

PostPosted:Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:10 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Marky J Post subject:

The US cover of MOVING FINGER has got to be the worst. The UK cover of CONFESSIONS OF THE MIND isn't much better.
PostPosted:Thu Jun 24, 2004 18:33 pm
graphic
Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
David Lloyd Wilson Post subject: Worst Album Covers

Rolling Eyes Susie, I never cared much for the Evolution cover either. I do like the On A Carousel (All seated, with Allan Clarke cross legged and profile to us, in color), and King Midas (Them in front of a news stand, in color) album covers. I almost forgot, the Another Night cover, with Allan in that dated big collar shirt, and any cover where they are wearing those (matching black suits with the) bow ties!
PostPosted:Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:00 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1