graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music » The Midas Touch
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

You may now pre-order the 2-CD from Amazon UK. They give the complete track listing, which is quite well chosen, if I may say:

Disc: 1
1. Here I Go Again
2. Bus Stop
3. I'm Alive
4. I've Got A Way Of My Own
5. King Midas In Reverse (new stereo mix)
6. Sorry Suzanne
7. Rain On The Window
8. Heartbeat
9. Honey And Wine
10. Ain't That Just Like Me
11. Jennifer Eccles
12. Listen To Me
13. Butterfly
14. Air That I Breathe
15. Soldier's Song
16. Pay You Back With Interest
17. Long Cool Woman (In A Black Dress)
18. Look Through Any Window
19. On A Carousel
20. Just One Look
21. Carrie Anne
22. We're Through
23. Searchin'
24. Stop Stop Stop
25. Too Many Hearts Get Broken
26. Baby, The (live)

Disc: 2
1. I Can't Let Go
2. Gasoline Alley Bred
3. Dear Eloise
4. He Ain't Heavy He's My Brother
5. Man With No Expression (Horses Through A Rainstorm)
6. This Wheel's On Fire
7. Yes I Will
8. Stay
9. Schoolgirl
10. Mickey's Monkey
11. Hey Willy
12. Day That Curly Billy Shot Down Crazy Sam Mcgee, The
13. I'm Down
14. So Damn Beautiful
15. Woman I Love
16. Take My Love And Run
17. Laughter Turns To Tears
18. Don't Let Me Down
19. I Can't Tell The Bottom From The Top
20. If The Lights Go Out
21. Then Now Always (Dolphin Days)
22. I Would Fly (live)

I have marked the two live tracks personally, as Amazon do not identify them. The info about the new stereo mix of King Midas I've had from another source on the internet.
My only objection is the non-chronological order, but we are used to this from previous compilations aren't we?

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:44 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

Here is a link to Amazon Midas Touch: The Very Best of The Hollies.

Released on Feb 22nd - Pre-order your copy now.

Also check out my new layout on Myspace .

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Thu Jan 21, 2010 18:05 pm

Last edited by hollies on Thu Feb 25, 2010 17:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Thanks for the info Rob and Knut. I'm happy to see Honey and Wine is on this compilation as I've been trying to get this. Very Happy
It would be interesting to find out how they choose the order of songs - I reckon they put all the song titles in a hat and ask someone to draw them out... Confused
PostPosted:Thu Jan 21, 2010 20:13 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Bonus Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Itīs an ok playlist, but why The woman I love?? Itīs terrible!! I could give more than 500 other Hollies-songs that are much better.
PostPosted:Thu Jan 21, 2010 21:52 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Carrie Anne Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Pre Ordered my copy of The Midas Touch off Amazon earlier on - Thanks Knut And Rob Very Happy Great track listing - Some of my faves are on there - Gasoline Alley Bred, Take My Love And Run- The Live stuff - I Would Fly and The Baby and mucho uno others - King Midas is a very interesting one indeed Wink

By the way Rob - Great new layout on the Hollies Myspace Page - The Golden Years Indeed Very Happy Carrie Anne Smile
PostPosted:Thu Jan 21, 2010 23:48 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Romany Post subject:

Here is a link to german amazon: http://www.amazon.de/Midas-Touch-Very-Best-S/dp/tracks/B002ZQXB4E/ref=dp_tracks_all_1#disc_1
with more track informations.
Released on Feb 19th in germany.

Best wishes
PostPosted:Fri Jan 22, 2010 16:18 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

For those of you that won't see the television advert for Midas Touch, here is a link to Play.com who have it on line.

See Here

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Wed Feb 10, 2010 19:18 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Thanks Rob I enjoyed that.

PostPosted:Wed Feb 10, 2010 20:21 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
frostina Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Thank you, Rob, for posting the link for those of us who would not normally be able to see this.
PostPosted:Fri Feb 12, 2010 13:34 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I'm pleased the new greatest hits has a few song from this line up and I think it's not a bad collection of numbers also. What would have really made it brilliant is a bonus DVD, I got myself the bee Gees Ultimate collection and it has a 17 song DVD with some rare footage as well as the 2 cd's.
I know the Dutch Collection is fantastic but now with the Hollies making the Hall of Fame it was time for a UK version, maybe concert footage, interviews whatever.
Great to see the add Rob, I would imagine it being shown on UK TV, I'll be looking forward to The Midas Touch a little later this month in the shops.

PostPosted:Fri Feb 12, 2010 21:45 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Anthony wrote:
I'm pleased the new greatest hits has a few song from this line up and I think it's not a bad collection of numbers also. What would have really made it brilliant is a bonus DVD, I got myself the bee Gees Ultimate collection and it has a 17 song DVD with some rare footage as well as the 2 cd's.
I know the Dutch Collection is fantastic but now with the Hollies making the Hall of Fame it was time for a UK version, maybe concert footage, interviews whatever.
Great to see the add Rob, I would imagine it being shown on UK TV, I'll be looking forward to The Midas Touch a little later this month in the shops.

Good point you raise Anthony. I'm not sure why the Hollies are not producing a DVD similar to that of other British Invasion groups. There's no doubt they have ample concert footage (old and new) that can be put together to tell their story. The Hollies are also very fortunate that most of their members are still alive and well. Now is the time to capture the interviews of those folks because once they're gone it's sadly an opportunity lost. From their humble Manchester beginnings to their induction into the RRHOF...it's a fabulous story indeed, and one that should be told.
PostPosted:Sat Feb 13, 2010 20:14 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Received my copy of Midas Touch in the post today! I wasn't expecting it until next week. I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, but the first tracks I'm going to pick out are Honey and Wine and The Baby. I prefer the current version of The Baby that I've heard at concerts to the original version I've got on CD, so I'm glad that's now on record.
PostPosted:Fri Feb 19, 2010 20:57 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
elleransford Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

holliesfan wrote:

Good point you raise Anthony. I'm not sure why the Hollies are not producing a DVD similar to that of other British Invasion groups. There's no doubt they have ample concert footage (old and new) that can be put together to tell their story. The Hollies are also very fortunate that most of their members are still alive and well. Now is the time to capture the interviews of those folks because once they're gone it's sadly an opportunity lost. From their humble Manchester beginnings to their induction into the RRHOF...it's a fabulous story indeed, and one that should be told.

A company called Reelin' in the Years has started a series of British Invasion-related DVDs, and I've heard from several sources that they're working on just such a compilation of Hollies clips. And I'm also told a pair of American Hollies fans/filmmakers are in the process of getting a Hollies documentary off the ground.
PostPosted:Sat Feb 20, 2010 0:29 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

elleransford wrote:
holliesfan wrote:

A company called Reelin' in the Years has started a series of British Invasion-related DVDs, and I've heard from several sources that they're working on just such a compilation of Hollies clips. And I'm also told a pair of American Hollies fans/filmmakers are in the process of getting a Hollies documentary off the ground.

Thanks. Sounds interesting. Keep us posted if you hear anything official.
PostPosted:Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:24 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Got my fingers crossed, that would be fantastic

PostPosted:Sat Feb 20, 2010 21:22 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Page 2 of 3