graphic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band » Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame - It's official
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
JRWolfe Post subject:

Excellent news ! The RNRHOF induction is broadcasted live on the internet every year and an edited version appears on VH-1 days after the event.So yes,we will all get a chance to watch it.

Curious..which members are being inducted and will Allan Clarke come out of retirement to perform at the induction.
PostPosted:Wed Dec 16, 2009 16:43 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

JRWolfe wrote:
Excellent news ! The RNRHOF induction is broadcasted live on the internet every year and an edited version appears on VH-1 days after the event.So yes,we will all get a chance to watch it. Curious..which members are being inducted and will Allan Clarke come out of retirement to perform at the induction.

I think Allan will be present but whether he actually performs is anyone's guess. My choice for induction would be Allan, Graham, Tony, Bobby, Bernie and Terry. Eric would be a long shot. Although other former members were part of the overall history, I believe those I've named have added more staying power and overall hit production for the band.
PostPosted:Wed Dec 16, 2009 16:58 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Gee Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

My Suggestion is IF they do invite Terry & Bernie to attend....which they certainly OUGHT to...12 and 15 years Respective "Hollies Service" should not be forgotten...then the best song would be "Just one Look"
PostPosted:Wed Dec 16, 2009 17:57 pm

Last edited by Gee on Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I do not like the way Eric Haydock has used the Hollies' name. That stands against him. He was with the band on TOTP in the early 80's, but my proposition is Ray Stiles - that would be a much better choice from a musical point of view. He is active and has been with the band since 1987. If they want a good sound, they should count on him.

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Wed Dec 16, 2009 18:47 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
håkan strandberg Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Hello.

Congratoulations THE HOLLIES You are worth it.Keep on rocking.

Have a nice evning . HÅKAN
PostPosted:Wed Dec 16, 2009 19:17 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Whatsername Post subject:

Congrats on the induction to all of the Hollies, past and present.
Well done and very well deserved Very Happy
PostPosted:Wed Dec 16, 2009 19:49 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

How's this for a Stephen Still's quote? ... "“It’s about time. I’ve been lobbying [Rock and Roll Hall of Fame co-founder] Jann [Wenner] for a long time. I’ve really thought it should’ve happened. I just think they so deserve it and I feel so good for Allan Clarke, he is a great singer. And besides, with me and David having two, we were never going to hear the end of it. So it’s about time. I’m very, very happy for him and I’ve been stuffing ballots for a month.”
PostPosted:Thu Dec 17, 2009 0:30 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Bravo.

I guess this means that we'll get to see the lads on television here in the states.
PostPosted:Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:39 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Bonus Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

At last, they Hollies are in the room where they belong! But how will the lads arrange it; they have a concert in London on March 14th, and the induction is the day after in NY?
PostPosted:Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:42 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Don't worry, Bonus, because of the time difference they should easily make it even if they go in the morning the same day, because of the time difference.

British Airways 8.20 from Heathrow arrives in New York 12.15.

So there is no need to cancel the Palladium show.

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Thu Dec 17, 2009 15:38 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject: Re: It's official
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

holliesfan wrote:
Lou wrote:
pop the champagne Cool

Today, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation announced ABBA, Genesis, Jimmy Cliff, The Hollies and The Stooges as its 2010 artist inductees. Mr. Green
http://www.rockhall.com/induction2010

as expected the write up on The Hollies, themselves is whacked.
Get this ...

Above all, it was the wide-open three-part vocal harmonies of original members Allan Clarke, Graham Nash, and Eric Haydock, inspired by the Everly Brothers, that gave the Hollies a sound apart from other British Invasion beat groups. Songwriter Graham Gouldman supplied them with “Look Through Any Window” and “Bus Stop.” And the original writing talent of Clarke, Nash, and lead guitarist Tony Hicks took over on “Stop! Stop! Stop!” and “On a Carousel,” as the Hollies went on to chart 21 consecutive Top 20 UK hits through 1970. After Nash’s departure in 1968, new hits carried them into the mid-70’s including “He Ain’t Heavy, He's My Brother,” “Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress,” “Long Dark Road,” “Magic Woman Touch,” “The Air That I Breathe,” and others.

YES! YES! YES! Long Overdue!!!!!!!!! Jimmy Smith or someone from the Hollies camp needs to contact the RRHOF ASAP to have that terrible oversight corrected. I'm sure Tony would not be pleased to have been omitted.

Someone must have listened - Tony's name is there now, not Eric Haydock....
PostPosted:Thu Dec 17, 2009 19:33 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Several persons may have written to RRHOF about the wrong info on their site, anyway I did it, and I am glad it now is correct. Nice that you spotted this and informed us, Dawn. By the way I see they sold tickets for the ceremony 2009, but that was moved to Cleveland, and they may have more space there? Or is there a chance for the public to attend at Waldorf as well?

PostPosted:Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:18 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Bonus Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Knut wrote:
Don't worry, Bonus, because of the time difference they should easily make it even if they go in the morning the same day, because of the time difference.

British Airways 8.20 from Heathrow arrives in New York 12.15.

So there is no need to cancel the Palladium show.

Thanks, Knut! You´re outstanding, having even checked the timetable to NY! If the boys would need a new manager you´ll get my voice!!
PostPosted:Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:52 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
phil newton Post subject: About Time!

I'm blown away with the news. As they have always been my fav group of the 60's, have all their albums including the box set "The Long Road Home" (that I'm being buried with when die!) seen them in cocert at least half dozen times, have also signed albums so I feel like I'm being inducted too! They've been part of my life since I first heard them in 1963.

As for who should appear, it has to be the original members plus Bernie and Terry.
The reason they have FINALLY been inducted is that period those members were in the band was when they had all the hits.

I did see the mistake and replaced Eric's with Tony's name on a blog I have. Glad they fixed it.

My blog is:[url] http://directoryofnewzealand.com/blog/congratulations-to-the-2010-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-inductees/ [/url]

Just in case anyone interested, I emailed RockandRollHallofFame about the t-shirts and was told they wont be available till after the ceremony in March.
PostPosted:Sat Dec 19, 2009 0:28 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Delia Morris Post subject:

I think this is wonderful news and right on Christmas as well. Fantastic.
PostPosted:Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:08 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next