graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
shootthebusstop Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Vrinda wrote:
Quote:
What a lovely thing to waken up to every morning Very Happy .I think Hollies wallpaper would be a great idea Laughing Laughing .

That's a suggestion for whomever runs the merchandising part of the Hollies website! Very Happy Very Happy Just think: Wall-to-wall Allan, Graham, Tony, and the rest of the guys! Wink Wink
I think my husband would only allow that if he could have Catherine Zeta-Jones wallpaper on the other side of the bedroom Rolling Eyes .I don't think that would go down well in interior decorating circles Laughing Laughing .

PostPosted:Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:14 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What a lovely thing to waken up to every morning Very Happy .I think Hollies wallpaper would be a great idea Laughing Laughing .
That's a suggestion for whomever runs the merchandising part of the Hollies website! Very Happy Very Happy Just think: Wall-to-wall Allan, Graham, Tony, and the rest of the guys! Wink Wink
I think my husband would only allow that if he could have Catherine Zeta-Jones wallpaper on the other side of the bedroom Rolling Eyes .I don't think that would go down well in interior decorating circles Laughing Laughing .

That would be an interior decorating disaster! Save the Hollies and Catherine Zeta-Jones wallpaper for the rec room or a spare guestroom. Very Happy
PostPosted:Tue Sep 25, 2007 15:28 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

katdowl wrote:
I can definitely imagine how cheated you feel that is so unlucky I couldnt believe what he was wearin at the concert.... leather trousers Laughing
Was flicking through The Beatles Who's Who by Bill Harry yesterday and I thought of you when I read this."Initially they (The Hollies) were tagged 'Manchester's Beatles' and they reacted to this by telling me 'Our sound is entirely different and the comparison has probably been made because we wear leather pants.The reason why we wear leather is because it's more serviceable and you can do anything with leather and it still stays the same" Laughing Laughing Laughing .Ah lads,you are so practical,so logical,so sensible,so funny and so amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted:Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:53 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

shootthebusstop wrote:
katdowl wrote:
I can definitely imagine how cheated you feel that is so unlucky I couldnt believe what he was wearin at the concert.... leather trousers Laughing
Was flicking through The Beatles Who's Who by Bill Harry yesterday and I thought of you when I read this."Initially they (The Hollies) were tagged 'Manchester's Beatles' and they reacted to this by telling me 'Our sound is entirely different and the comparison has probably been made because we wear leather pants.The reason why we wear leather is because it's more serviceable and you can do anything with leather and it still stays the same" Laughing Laughing Laughing .Ah lads,you are so practical,so logical,so sensible,so funny and so amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember reading that once, too! The guys might have been sexy in those leather pants when they were young, but it does lose some effect as you get older. In another book by Bill Harry, called The Beatles's Encylopedia, the Hollies' listing also contains a comment they made where they were requesting that they not be compared to the Beatles as they had their own different sound, and are not trying to sound the Beatles. That's understandable, but if you listen to some of the Hollies' earlier recordings - "You'll Be Mine," "Come on Back," "Time For Love," etc. - you'd think they were those boys from Liverpool!

http://thehollies.proboards88.com
PostPosted:Wed Nov 14, 2007 17:39 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
katdowl Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

shootthebusstop wrote:
'Our sound is entirely different and the comparison has probably been made because we wear leather pants.The reason why we wear leather is because it's more serviceable and you can do anything with leather and it still stays the same" Laughing Laughing Laughing .Ah lads,you are so practical,so logical,so sensible,so funny and so amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vrinda wrote:
The guys might have been sexy in those leather pants when they were young, but it does lose some effect as you get older.

So thats why they wore leather trousers, never realised the practical significance tend to agree with Vrinda that the attractiveness does wear off when you get older as I've already seen Laughing Laughing I forgive him for it though Wink
PostPosted:Thu Nov 15, 2007 17:05 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

katdowl wrote:
shootthebusstop wrote:
'Our sound is entirely different and the comparison has probably been made because we wear leather pants.The reason why we wear leather is because it's more serviceable and you can do anything with leather and it still stays the same" Laughing Laughing Laughing .Ah lads,you are so practical,so logical,so sensible,so funny and so amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vrinda wrote:
The guys might have been sexy in those leather pants when they were young, but it does lose some effect as you get older.

So thats why they wore leather trousers, never realised the practical significance tend to agree with Vrinda that the attractiveness does wear off when you get older as I've already seen Laughing Laughing I forgive him for it though Wink
I just love the fact that the lads have given this very practical answer,it cracks me up Laughing Laughing .Leather trousers should be banned for male and females alike!!!!!!!!!Save the cow-ban the pants Laughing Laughing Laughing !

PostPosted:Thu Nov 15, 2007 18:46 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

shootthebusstop wrote:
katdowl wrote:
shootthebusstop wrote:

Vrinda wrote:

I just love the fact that the lads have given this very practical answer,it cracks me up Laughing Laughing .Leather trousers should be banned for male and females alike!!!!!!!!!Save the cow-ban the pants Laughing Laughing Laughing !

Somewhere, I have a picture of Allan in a cowskin - or at least a cowskin-patterned - jacket. I'll post it in My Back Pages when I find it. Very Happy

PostPosted:Thu Nov 15, 2007 18:58 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Vrinda wrote:

Somewhere, I have a picture of Allan in a cowskin - or at least a cowskin-patterned - jacket. I'll post it in My Back Pages when I find it. Very Happy
I look forward to that .I always want to see moo-re of Allan Laughing Laughing .

PostPosted:Thu Nov 15, 2007 20:56 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

shootthebusstop wrote:
Vrinda wrote:

I look forward to that .I always want to see moo-re of Allan Laughing Laughing .

HA HA HA HA HA HA! So do I! Very Happy

PostPosted:Thu Nov 15, 2007 22:14 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Page 6 of 6