graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band » Allan Clarke
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
shootthebusstop Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Let's just remember Allan at his best in the glory days of the 60s,he rocked!

PostPosted:Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:13 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
katdowl Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

shootthebusstop wrote:

Yeah and you've got to thank youtube for the evidence that proves it Smile
PostPosted:Sat Sep 22, 2007 15:36 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Quote:

I second that! Very Happy

Quote:
Yeah and you've got to thank youtube for the evidence that proves it Very Happy

That's one thing for which we can be eternally grateful to YouTube!
PostPosted:Sun Sep 23, 2007 22:42 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Vrinda wrote:
Quote:

I second that! Very Happy

Quote:
Yeah and you've got to thank youtube for the evidence that proves it Very Happy

That's one thing for which we can be eternally grateful to YouTube!

Yes, YouTube ROCKS!! Check out some other great UK bands such as The Sweet, who definitely took some cues from The Hollies harmony-wise.
PostPosted:Mon Sep 24, 2007 0:25 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

shootthebusstop wrote:

Hey, what about Allan Clarke's glory days in the 1970s? He rocked on, hmmm...."Hey Willy", "The Day that Curly Billy Shot Down Crazy Sam McGee", "Survival of the Fittest", "Tip of the Iceburg", "Time Machine Jive", "Long Dark Road", and, oh yeah, a little number called "Long Cool Woman (in a Black Dress)".
PostPosted:Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:28 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Dennis wrote:
shootthebusstop wrote:

Hey, what about Allan Clarke's glory days in the 1970s? He rocked on, hmmm...."Hey Willy", "The Day that Curly Billy Shot Down Crazy Sam McGee", "Survival of the Fittest", "Tip of the Iceburg", "Time Machine Jive", "Long Dark Road", and, oh yeah, a little number called "Long Cool Woman (in a Black Dress)".
Dennis, musically Allan did rock in the 70s,literally.It's just that his dress sense didn't Rolling Eyes .I know in the great scheme of things that's not really important but us ladies do like a well turned out man Wink .

PostPosted:Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:39 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

shootthebusstop wrote:
Dennis wrote:
shootthebusstop wrote:

Dennis, musically Allan did rock in the 70s,literally.It's just that his dress sense didn't Rolling Eyes .I know in the great scheme of things that's not really important but us ladies do like a well turned out man Wink .

You have a point there. I think he lost it looks-wise from 75 on, not only with the clothes but the awful tight-perm that he sported which aged him. He suddenly looked older than the rest of the band.
PostPosted:Mon Sep 24, 2007 13:37 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
katdowl Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

[quote="Dennis"]
shootthebusstop wrote:
Dennis wrote:
shootthebusstop wrote:

musically Allan did rock in the 70s,literally.It's just that his dress sense didn't Rolling Eyes .I know in the great scheme of things that's not really important but us ladies do like a well turned out man Wink .

You have a point there. I think he lost it looks-wise from 75 on, not only with the clothes but the awful tight-perm that he sported which aged him. He suddenly looked older than the rest of the band.

I agree the perm looked hideous which aged him about 10 years what was he thinking Confused
PostPosted:Mon Sep 24, 2007 14:09 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Quote:

I agree, that perm made Allan look older and damaged his hair. It lost its luster and shine, and he never seemed to get it back, even after he outgrew the perm. I have frizzy hair, because it's curly, and a perm can have the same effect on a person who gets one, even if they wanted it to look different. I think that was the reaction Allan's hair had to perming chemicals. That dull color that his hair had with the perm was the result of the hair cuticles opening up and instead of deflecting light, making the hair look dark, glossy, and shiny, it let the light in, making the hair color seem lighter and duller. That contributed to Allan looking older and losing his looks. He's still a nice-looking guy. Thankfully, the perm didn't cause any serious damage to his health or scalp.
PostPosted:Mon Sep 24, 2007 17:14 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Vrinda wrote:
Quote:

I agree, that perm made Allan look older and damaged his hair. It lost its luster and shine, and he never seemed to get it back, even after he outgrew the perm. I have frizzy hair, because it's curly, and a perm can have the same effect on a person who gets one, even if they wanted it to look different. I think that was the reaction Allan's hair had to perming chemicals. That dull color that his hair had with the perm was the result of the hair cuticles opening up and instead of deflecting light, making the hair look dark, glossy, and shiny, it let the light in, making the hair color seem lighter and duller. That contributed to Allan looking older and losing his looks. He's still a nice-looking guy. Thankfully, the perm didn't cause any serious damage to his health or scalp.
Thankfully to us Allan is more than a bad perm.Ok ,we've all had bad hair days and yes Allan had bad hair YEARS Rolling Eyes ,but that doesn't change the fact that Allan is a lovely,talented person.He just looked better in the 60s Cool .He looked sooooooooo good in the 60s that it makes up for the fashion-wilderness of the years ahead.

PostPosted:Mon Sep 24, 2007 19:28 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Quote:
Thankfully to us Allan is more than a bad perm.Ok ,we've all had bad hair days and yes Allan had bad hair YEARS ,but that doesn't change the fact that Allan is a lovely,talented person.He just looked better in the 60s .He looked sooooooooo good in the 60s that it makes up for the fashion-wilderness of the years ahead.

The perm doesn't diminish Allan's talent or what I think of him, but it does make me want to steer clear of perms, themselves! Perm or not, Allan was and still is a lovely, talented, person like you said, Paula. I also prefer his '60s look, too! At least we have the footage and the photos to prove how good he looked then! Very Happy
PostPosted:Mon Sep 24, 2007 19:32 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Vrinda wrote:
Quote:
Thankfully to us Allan is more than a bad perm.Ok ,we've all had bad hair days and yes Allan had bad hair YEARS ,but that doesn't change the fact that Allan is a lovely,talented person.He just looked better in the 60s .He looked sooooooooo good in the 60s that it makes up for the fashion-wilderness of the years ahead.

The perm doesn't diminish Allan's talent or what I think of him, but it does make me want to steer clear of perms, themselves! Perm or not, Allan was and still is a lovely, talented, person like you said, Paula. I also prefer his '60s look, too! At least we have the footage and the photos to prove how good he looked then! Very Happy
And boy do I need those little fixes on a daily basis Wink Wink .

PostPosted:Mon Sep 24, 2007 19:39 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
katdowl Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

So do I I've got 60s pics on my wall so I can wake up and look at him every morning Very Happy
PostPosted:Mon Sep 24, 2007 21:08 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

katdowl wrote:
So do I I've got 60s pics on my wall so I can wake up and look at him every morning Very Happy
What a lovely thing to waken up to every morning Very Happy .I think Hollies wallpaper would be a great idea Laughing Laughing .

PostPosted:Mon Sep 24, 2007 21:13 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Quote:
What a lovely thing to waken up to every morning Very Happy .I think Hollies wallpaper would be a great idea Laughing Laughing .

That's a suggestion for whomever runs the merchandising part of the Hollies website! Very Happy Very Happy Just think: Wall-to-wall Allan, Graham, Tony, and the rest of the guys! Wink Wink
PostPosted:Mon Sep 24, 2007 22:39 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Page 5 of 6