graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On » The Boat That Rocked
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject: The Boat That Rocked
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Anyone seen this film? I bought the DVD a couple of weeks ago. It's a fun film about a pirate radio ship in the 60s with lots of great 60s tracks throughout, including I'm Alive. In fact, The Hollies are just about the only band that get a mention in the film, and not once, but twice! It might be some sort of compensation for the fact that there's a lot of swearing all over the song.. I believe the film was released in the US in August but under a different name. There are lots of trailer clips of the film on YouTube including one with Listen To Me in the background. Nice to know that even in 2009 The Hollies are still getting a mention.
PostPosted:Fri Nov 06, 2009 19:55 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
elleransford Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

Actually its North American release date is next week, under the "imaginative" title of Pirate Radio...I saw a sneak preview of it last night. I've been looking forward to it since reading about it last spring in an issue of Mojo, and only got more excited when I heard "Listen to Me" in one of the trailers. Sorry to say I was a kind of disappointed in it. The plot is preposterous, it's historically inaccurate, and it's loaded with anachronisms...it's supposed to take place in '66, but the clothes and soundtrack look and sound more like '68 (and even lapses into '71 territory at one point with "Won't Get Fooled Again"--huh?). It's certainly a fun romp and the actors' performances are largely a gas, but it has more in common with its "British ensemble-cast romantic comedy" predecessors made by the same team than with the finer examples of rock & roll cinema.
PostPosted:Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:05 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Whatsername Post subject:

I've seen this film and thought it was OK....expected a bit more to be honest, with that lineup of actors. It has its moments though and the music is great.
PostPosted:Wed Dec 16, 2009 19:56 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1