graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road » Oslo May 2010
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject: Oslo May 2010
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I have got input from Hollies fans from several countries who are coming to the Oslo show in May. Looking forward to meeting you! The concert takes place in the best concert hall in Oslo, architecture- and sound-wise.

Ticket pre-sales start Friday 19th September 9 am CET (8 am UK time), there will be 1000 seats (no-one standing). For links see info on the Hollies tour 2010 site.

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Thu Sep 17, 2009 18:05 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

In fact Sentrum scene is a rock historic place in Norway. The venue used to be a cinema, and in 1956 when young people came for the movie "Rock around the clock", featuring Bill Haley and the Comets, a riot broke out. Being at the age of 6 at the time, I cannot be accused for taking part in that incident.

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Fri Sep 18, 2009 15:44 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Carrie Anne Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi Knut - It does look indeed a great venue to see a top class act like The Wonderful Hollies performing their amazing SHOW AND A HALF - Thank You !!!
PostPosted:Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:22 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Ticket sales are very good for this concert, and there is still half a year to go. This is most certainly going to be a sold out night with an enthusiastic audience that for the most have not seen the Hollies since 1986. That was the last time the Hollies played in Oslo, at the Oslo Concert Hall. And we expect quite a few youngsters as well, fans recruited during the 24 years that have passed.

PostPosted:Fri Nov 06, 2009 17:19 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Knut wrote:
Ticket sales are very good for this concert, and there is still half a year to go. This is most certainly going to be a sold out night with an enthusiastic audience that for the most have not seen the Hollies since 1986. That was the last time the Hollies played in Oslo, at the Oslo Concert Hall. And we expect quite a few youngsters as well, fans recruited during the 24 years that have passed.

I am looking forward to this SPECIAL GIG so much !!!. I have never been to Norway before and to see The Fabulous Hollies in Oslo is the icing on the cake - Well Done Knut !!!
PostPosted:Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:41 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Whatsername Post subject:

Hello everyone, I see there are still tickets available for this concert in Oslo (checked billetservice.no). Noting that the tickets are for un-numbered seats, does anyone know if it's "first come first served" i.e. arrive early, get good seats, or how that works at this venue?
PostPosted:Sun Nov 22, 2009 22:48 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

You are very welcome to Oslo!

The seats are based on a first come - make your choice - system. So I advise you queue up at least an hour before the doors open if you want to sit up front either downstairs or on the balcony.

Ticket sales are very good, it is expected the show will be sold out early next year. So do not wait too long before you decide to go.

PostPosted:Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:36 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Whatsername Post subject:

Thanks for the info, I'll have to make a decision soon.
PostPosted:Tue Nov 24, 2009 18:12 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

The Oslo show was mentioned on Norwegian national radio today, and Carrie Anne (which was in fact written in Norway in 1966) was played as one question.

You may listen to the program here:

http://nettradio.nrk.no/default.php?kanal=p1&action=search:Popquiz

If you see several dates and 28.11. does not start automatically, click on that date.

PostPosted:Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:27 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Anyone coming to the Oslo show a bit early might like to consider seeing Ultravox on Friday evening one week before at the same venue as the Hollies play on Saturday 8.5. They are not my favourites though.

Except Vienna, that is a grand song.

On Friday 7. May a girl called Veronica Maggio sings at Rockefeller. I have not heard of her before.

PostPosted:Sat Dec 26, 2009 22:42 pm

Last edited by Knut on Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:20 am; edited 2 times in total
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
håkan strandberg Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Hello.

Yes Today I`ve got my tickets for Oslo.See You Soon.

Have a nice evening. Håkan.
PostPosted:Mon Jan 04, 2010 20:22 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Since the Oslo show 8th May sold out so quickly, and lots of people took contact and asked for tickets, it was decided to run a second show, which is now selling.

PostPosted:Mon Feb 22, 2010 17:54 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Two weeks to go to the Sentrum Scene Gigs in Oslo - Can't wait Knut Mr. Green
PostPosted:Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:40 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
John Truman Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Carrie Anne wrote:
Two weeks to go to the Sentrum Scene Gigs in Oslo - Can't wait Knut Mr. Green

I was getting rather worried with all flights cancelled in the UK last week because of the volcanic ash situation that we may not be able to get to Oslo.

It is getting back to normal now so we should be ok.

See you there.

PostPosted:Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:12 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Yes, Carrie Anne and John, I was getting a bit worried, as well. But it seems the air flight authorities may have overreacted, new policies have been released so now we will have a much more graded system of flight restrictions, and finally the volcano seems to have calmed down. I am glad this did not start at the beginning of May.

So everything seems set for a couple of great nights with our favourite band. The second show is selling well, too!

PostPosted:Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:49 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Page 1 of 3