graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band » CS&N
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Johngill Post subject: CS&N
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Reckon I can slip this one in here. Anybody got tickets for the forthcoming CS&N gigs in the UK - Manchester MEN and Albert Hall? I've got Albert Hall, but I must say I was pretty surprised at the prices - £75, £55 and £45. I almost didn't do it, but I missed them last time. Must be a Fred Goodwin-type tour.
PostPosted:Sat Feb 28, 2009 22:14 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Carrie Anne Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Those prices are pretty typical for a top quality band as Crosby, Stills and Nash playing Manchester Arena. As for playing The Royal Albert Hall I think that is a snip. Didn't know about this but I will certainly get tickets for the Manchester gig if I can tomorrow-Cheers Carrie Anne x
PostPosted:Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:34 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Johngill Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Doubt if they are typical - I've been to MEN many times and the number of acts that charge prices like that is quite small. Hope you get your tickets - it's a lovely place to go. I can't quite put my finger on why - it's a similar layout to Wembley Arena, and yet it feels much more homely. It may be the guys in the yellow jackets - you can clearly see where the staff are during the show, and for some reason ( I know, northerners) they are always very nice and patient. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing the 'boys' - always been on my hitlist and this will be my first time to hear those exquisite harmonies in the flesh.
PostPosted:Sun Mar 01, 2009 19:58 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Thanks to the official CSN site on Friday I got tickets for the RAH show via a pre-sale. That show fits nicely in with Grassington the evening before.

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Sun Mar 01, 2009 20:42 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
an Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I also ordered a ticket for CSN in Brussels on the 7th July.
PostPosted:Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:57 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Johngill Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Well I almost dropped my Ovaltine yesterday. I got an email from Ticketmaster to say that Steely Dan were coming to London - I have waited years to see them. Oh wait, how can this be - it's the same night that CSN are playing in London. Fate has just kneed me where it hurts.
PostPosted:Fri Mar 06, 2009 22:02 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Bee Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

I'm going to see CSN at the MEN Arena Manchester on 10th July Very Happy

http://www.youtube.com/user/bee23lovehollies
PostPosted:Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:36 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Bee wrote:
I'm going to see CSN at the MEN Arena Manchester on 10th July Very Happy

Perhaps you'll catch a glimpse of our beloved Allan meandering about. Since Graham will be in the neighborhood, the concert would present a good opportunity for them to catch up on things. I often wonder whether they keep in touch at all.
PostPosted:Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:54 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Johngill Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Nice touch at the CS&N concert in London last night. Graham dedicated a new song to 'my oldest friend, Allan Clarke' and referred to him as one of the most under-rated lead singers in the business.

Both references got a very warm response from the crowd.

This was my first time to see both CS&N and Graham live, and I was amazed at how crucial he is to the group, not just in terms of harmonies but sheer energy on stage. The voice is great and he looks great.
PostPosted:Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:55 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
an Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

CS&N were also amazing in Brussels last night !!!

Their harmonies, the guitarsolos and Grahams vocals were great !
From my seat on the second row I had a wonderful view.
PostPosted:Wed Jul 08, 2009 19:23 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Carrie Anne Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I saw CSN at The Manchester Evening News Arena last night and their performance was breathtaking. Graham looked and sounded amazing and spoke very poignantly and warmly about Manchester and Salford . They performed most of their back catalogue and for me a first timer at a CSN Gig, was blown away by the sheer beauty and elogance of their performance. Can't wait to see this outstanding band again in the future.
PostPosted:Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:14 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
benny-b-goode Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I have seen CSN twice in Bonn. The first time was in 2005 when Crosby & Nash's great new duo album came out (get a copy of it - you will enjoy it) and Stephen Stills's solo album "Man Alive" came out.
This was the second time I saw them live. The "Demos" album is out and it's nice and the cover songs they played on stage were great versions. Can't wait for the great new album where those songs will be on ( the album's title possibly is "Three Together").
This concert was very different than the last one. This time they had the great idea to start off quietly and slowly but surely become louder and louder. The "Unplugged" section started the second set off last time.
"Helplessly Hoping" was the first song - a favourite of mine. Another highlight was "Guinnevere". It's great how Crosby & Nash harmonize.
One little disappointment was that they left out my two favourite CSN songs AGAIN - "Suite: Judy Blue Eyes" and "Wasted On The Way". But they can't satisfy the wishes of everyone in the audience.
There also was a surprise in their show. I thought that they would ignore their 1980s and 1990s albums completely but this time Crosby played his "Dream For Him" which is on the 1999 CSNY album "Looking Forward". There are good songs on these albums.
The second set started with a Stills song I didn't know but it was good. It must be a solo song because it is on no CSN(Y) album. But it sounded great. All in all it was a really nice concert and I hope it wasn't the last time they came.
During the concert one man in the audience screamed while it was silent "Look Through Any Window". Graham heard it and didn't comment it but he looked quite confused, as if he wanted to say: "This is not the right show!". It would have been quite funny if he had sung just one line from it as a gag Very Happy .
The Muserumsplatz in Bonn is a real nice place for concerts. The Beach Boys, John Fogerty and TOTO were there and many other "older" bands. This year Brian Wilson will be there, as well. I'm still waiting for The Hollies to come there and play a whole show on their own. When I listened to conversations in the audience it was quite obvious that many of the people also liked or even loved The Hollies. So, there would be an audience waiting for them.
PostPosted:Sun Jul 12, 2009 15:42 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

benny-b-goode wrote:
I have seen CSN twice in Bonn. The first time was in 2005 when Crosby & Nash's great new duo album came out (get a copy of it - you will enjoy it) and Stephen Stills's solo album "Man Alive" came out.
This was the second time I saw them live. The "Demos" album is out and it's nice and the cover songs they played on stage were great versions. Can't wait for the great new album where those songs will be on ( the album's title possibly is "Three Together").
This concert was very different than the last one. This time they had the great idea to start off quietly and slowly but surely become louder and louder. The "Unplugged" section started the second set off last time.
"Helplessly Hoping" was the first song - a favourite of mine. Another highlight was "Guinnevere". It's great how Crosby & Nash harmonize.
One little disappointment was that they left out my two favourite CSN songs AGAIN - "Suite: Judy Blue Eyes" and "Wasted On The Way". But they can't satisfy the wishes of everyone in the audience.
There also was a surprise in their show. I thought that they would ignore their 1980s and 1990s albums completely but this time Crosby played his "Dream For Him" which is on the 1999 CSNY album "Looking Forward". There are good songs on these albums.
The second set started with a Stills song I didn't know but it was good. It must be a solo song because it is on no CSN(Y) album. But it sounded great. All in all it was a really nice concert and I hope it wasn't the last time they came.
During the concert one man in the audience screamed while it was silent "Look Through Any Window". Graham heard it and didn't comment it but he looked quite confused, as if he wanted to say: "This is not the right show!". It would have been quite funny if he had sung just one line from it as a gag Very Happy .
The Muserumsplatz in Bonn is a real nice place for concerts. The Beach Boys, John Fogerty and TOTO were there and many other "older" bands. This year Brian Wilson will be there, as well. I'm still waiting for The Hollies to come there and play a whole show on their own. When I listened to conversations in the audience it was quite obvious that many of the people also liked or even loved The Hollies. So, there would be an audience waiting for them.

I have a bootleg concert of Graham's from the early 1970's, I guess. And someone did just that, shouting out that he wanted "Bus Stop." Graham actually did a verse of the song as an obvious gag.
PostPosted:Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:13 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1