graphic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music » "Then, Now, Always" The new album is released
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Is the "special pre-release souvenir edition CD" going to somehow be different than what will eventually be released to the public?

And I'm sorry if I missed it, but is there a scheduled release date for when we'll be able to purchase this? And can I assume that all recording studio work is now complete? What was the time period for the recording sessions, by the way?
PostPosted:Thu Feb 19, 2009 17:43 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Hope2005 Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Wonderful news, I would of thought EMI would distribute the album. I only hope that the album receives more promotion compared to Staying Power.

PostPosted:Thu Feb 19, 2009 20:44 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

The spring tour starts in two days, on the 5th of March.

Is the CD going to be ready?

And if so, does this mean that those of us who find ourselves living somewhere other than the UK can purchase the disc this week here on this site?
PostPosted:Tue Mar 03, 2009 15:01 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

I will post the answers as soon as I know them following the production day tomorrow.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Tue Mar 03, 2009 16:00 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Anyone had a chance to pick up the Hollies souvenir copy of "Then, Now & Always"? I'm curious to hear a review of the songs.
PostPosted:Fri Mar 06, 2009 19:07 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

The Hollies new album Then, Now, Always on sale at concerts is a Special Souvenir 'Limited Edition' . It is an eleven track "Hollies Production" and is not tied to a lable so will not be available in shops anywhere at the moment.

The full details of the album including track listing are on the website.

I may find out next week if it is going to be on general sale via mail order but it is not at the moment.

If you want more details please email me.

From my personal point, the album is fantastic with some great tracks. Look out for the title track "Then, Now, Always (Dolphin Days)", it is the story of Tony and Bobbys' very early days together, written by Bobby and sung by Tony. My other favourite tracks at the moment are "If You See Her", "I Would Fly", "Too Much Too Soon", "One Way Ticket" and "Hearts Don't Lie". Great songs.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:22 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Carrie Anne Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

hollies wrote:
The Hollies new album Then, Now, Always on sale at concerts is a Special Souvenir 'Limited Edition' . It is an eleven track "Hollies Production" and is not tied to a lable so will not be available in shops anywhere at the moment.

The full details of the album including track listing are on the website.

I may find out next week if it is going to be on general sale via mail order but it is not at the moment.

If you want more details please email me.

From my personal point, the album is fantastic with some great tracks. Look out for the title track "Then, Now, Always (Dolphin Days)", it is the story of Tony and Bobbys' very early days together, written by Bobby and sung by Tony. My other favourite tracks at the moment are "If You See Her", "I Would Fly", "Too Much Too Soon", "One Way Ticket" and "Hearts Don't Lie". Great songs.

Thank you Rob-I'm sure the album is fantastic and I can't wait to get my copy from Preston next week.Interesting to see the lads have used some different songwriters and great that Bobby has co-written Dolphin Days-I would just like to wish The Hollies lots of luck with Then, Now, Always-May your sales be many-All the best Carrie Anne x Very Happy
PostPosted:Sat Mar 07, 2009 17:52 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Rob,
I hope you will be able to sell copies via this site, if not then fans around the world will miss out or we will see copies on ebay at acrazy prices.
all the best,
Anthony

PostPosted:Sat Mar 07, 2009 21:26 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

C'mon guys and girls, where are all those that bought the souvenir CD? Isn't it time someone posted a full review of the new songs? Can't wait to get my hands on a copy.
PostPosted:Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:20 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Johngill Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Hello Rob - I know you're probably working on it, but if there is any way that those of us who can't get to the gigs can get hold of the album it would be really appreciated. It feels very stange to know there is a new album out there and we can't hear it. Thanks.
John
PostPosted:Sun Mar 15, 2009 0:21 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

John, email me at info@hollies.co.uk

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Sun Mar 15, 2009 0:28 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Here's what this link currently says:

http://www.hollies.co.uk/cd_thennowalways.html

"Then, Now, Always"

Tony Hicks sings the title track - 'Then, Now, Always' (Dolphin Days)' which was written by Mark Nelson and Bobby Elliott.

The striking artwork is also by Mark.

Songwriters Rob Davis and Mark Read are good friends of
the band, and have crafted some fine tunes for the album.

It's now a race against time to get the special pre-release souvenir edition CD ready for the first day of the tour.

This brand new album is produced by Ray Stiles.

Mail Order available to the UK only.

The cost is Ģ13.00 including postage.

Please send a cheque made payable to 'The Hollies Ltd' to:-

Mr Jimmy Smith
Hill Farm
Hackleton
Northamptonshire
NN7 2DH

I guess I can hope that those of us outside of the UK will be able to purchase the CD, too.
PostPosted:Sun Mar 15, 2009 16:35 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
benny-b-goode Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I still am surprised about this kind of promotion of a new Hollies CD. The Hollies are a worldwide phenomenon, one of the greatest bands ever. Why is a new CD by this great band sold at concerts and via internet only ??
Will there ever come a time when I can go into my CD store and enjoy the feeling of holding this brand new CD in my hands and buy it ? I did it when "Staying Power" was released. What about this one ? Confused
PostPosted:Sun Mar 15, 2009 20:27 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Bonus Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hereīs a first effort to give a review on the new album, track by track.

Then, now, always: An outstanding storyteller-track about the group. Just wonderful and a must for any Hollies-fan! Tony singing lead in a boyish style. Can anyone resist this track?? In some parts it reminds me of Don McLeans Bye, bye miss American pie.... And thatīs a good tune.

If you see her; Peter takes the lead. "If you see her send her back to me", a little more of a uptempo popsong. A clean production with great Hollies-harmony.

One touch; Starts a little like "So damned beautiful". A built-up tune with a romantic touch. Could have had a huge arrangement but the lads has chosen a more slim idea. A very good tune with a hit-approach. Possible as a single.

Passengers; In my mind a typical album-track. Not bad at all, but nothing that makes my skin burn.

I would fly; Lovely piano-intro, then Tonys soft guitar. After that comes Peters contribution. Heīs doing a good work as always. Maybe this is a new Let love pass..? A string-arrangement which I suppose can be great live with Ianīs piano and synth.

Coming home; Could this has been inspired by a bossanova? No, maybe itīs more like a track from a film in the 70īs. The song grows, but itīs not one of the best tracks, in my opion. (Donīt know why but some parts reminds me of After the fox). If Youīll like to be distressed, this is not the song. If Youīll to sing along, good luck!

I lied; Typical Hollies of these days. If we once again compares with Staying power this is Hope. Peterīs of course doing a great job. Suppose this one will work very well on stage.

One way ticket; Do you remeber Naomi from the early 90īs, or Dragginī my heels? Hereīs a little touch of those songs. Something for the New York club scene? Is it written by Tony? A relaxed tune which grows after every listening. Not pop, not rock, more of a mix between many musical styles. And a lovely guitar in the background. Itīs getting better and better after each listening.

Too much too soon; Here it comes again!It was the flipside to the So damned beautiful-single, which later was withdrawn. Of course itīs a very good song. But why again, with almost the same arrangement ( or is it the same arrangement?, Iīll have to check to be sure). Something for all of you that hasnīt got the single.

Unforgivable; Good performance, but the song is not the strongest on the album. I miss the catch. Suppose I should give it a few more chances. Thereīs a drama in the song, and it grows but will it grow to be a mature tune? I doubt it. (Or does it affect females more than me..?)

Hearts donīt lie; Interesting intro, but whoīs the leadsinger?? Is it Steve? Is it Ray? And is it Peter at the end? Thereīs a nice middle-eight and itīs a good melody in a slow tempo. Too slow?? I suppose many fans will admire this track, especially those of us who are a little romantic.

As a total this is album is a must for every Hollies-fan! Many really good songs, with even better Hollies-harmonies!!My only real critism is that I miss more info or sleevenotes and some of the songs doesnīt seem quite ready in the mixingstudio. Could this be the reason why itīs not officially released?

After listening to the be album Iīm ever more a Hollies-fan, if possible......
PostPosted:Mon Mar 16, 2009 13:45 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Thanks Bonus for taking the time to post a review. It sounds like a great CD and I can't wait to get my copy.
PostPosted:Mon Mar 16, 2009 16:11 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next