graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On » The Hollies talk about Christmas, December 1970
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Agneta Post subject: The Hollies talk about Christmas, December 1970
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

In the December 1970 newsletter from Hollies official fan club, secretary Lynne Wheeler asked the boys: ”What does Christmas mean to you?” and here are the answers:

ALLAN: It’s a time for all the family to get together and love each other and spend a few days uninterrupted by the pressures of work. Christmas is a lot of fun for us because of the children.

BOBBY: Christmas means home cooking, cosy log fires, close friends and the pleasure of giving.

TERRY: Christmas means more to children - the novelty wears off as one gets older, but it does give us the opportunity to get together with the rest of the family and have a few peaceful days away from work.

BERNIE: First and foremost it means the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ, and secondly it’s a family time. I’m an uncle to ten nephews and nieces so I’m well occupied.

TONY: It’s a good time for getting away from everything and just being with the people you’re closest to – family and friends.

The next question was: “How will you be spending Christmas?”

ALLAN: We’ll be staying at home and we’ve got relations coming to stay. We always have a huge tree and lots of decorations – the works!

BOBBIE: I’ll be staying at home in Roughlee and also visiting friends.

TERRY: My mother is coming down from Liverpool to spend Christmas with us at our new house - it’ll be the first time she’s seen it. We’re also going to show her the sights of London. Of course there’ll be the inevitable parties and I also like watching television at Christmas – ‘Disney Time’ for example!

BERNIE: I’ve been invited to lots of parties by friends and family. I’ll be having dinner at a country Inn on Christmas Eve, then on Christmas Day I’ll be having lunch with my Dad and then going off to tea with my sister and her family.

TONY: I’ll be spending Christmas at home in London in my new house with my Mum, Dad, Jane and my Dalmatian dog, Kim.

The third question: “What presents would you like to receive?”

ALLAN: Anything I get will be gratefully received, although I’d really like a Rolls-Royce …..

BOBBY: All I want for Christmas is congenial companionship, sincerity and peace towards men.

TERRY: I want two points for Liverpool on Boxing Day – they’re playing Stoke City. However, I wouldn’t say no to a Stereo and some albums. We’re buying Paul a huge Lego building set amongst other things.

BERNIE: I know I’m getting a new leather coat, but anything else will be a complete surprise. I’d really like a movie camera, but would accept a jigsaw puzzle instead!

TONY: I’d like some stereo cassettes for my new car stereo and a large bottle of vintage port.
PostPosted:Mon Dec 08, 2008 20:55 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Many thanks, gee 1970 seems a life time ago now, what would the same group of men say these days.
I thought I might answer the questions myself:
What Christmas means to me?
A great time of year, a time to catch up with friends and family.
How will you spend Christmas?
Not 100% sure, Before anything open all the gifts from santa and my wife, then visit my father In law, then we will go and spend a bit of time at my Mother In Laws grave, she passed away a month ago, then it's home to relax, eat and watch telly I would think.
“What presents would you like to receive?”
I'm happy with anything, I get more pleasure giving

PostPosted:Mon Dec 08, 2008 21:50 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
MichealC Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

That's interesting! Thanks for posting, excited about cassetes for the car and only 2 points for a win in football. Different times....
PostPosted:Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:32 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1