graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music » Hollies with Graham Nash DVD
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
paulgillingham Post subject: Hollies with Graham Nash DVD

Just been on Amazon and found a new DVD I had not seen before. It is called THE HOLLIES-THE NASH YEARS. There is no track listing but it runs for 100 minutes and is available for £10-12.99. Hope the information is useful. Roll on 2009 the tour and the new album Can't wait for Southend. Seasons greetings to all out there.
from Paul.
PostPosted:Tue Dec 02, 2008 16:07 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

It's a bootleg. Contains:
Now's the time (It's all over town film), Baby that's all, Here i go again (RSG). Just one look (TOTP), Rockin robin, Just one look (NME), LTAW, Very last day, I'm alive. Too much monkey business (Shindig), I'm alive, LTAW x 2, Yes I will (Hullaballoo), Just one look, Jennifer Eccles, Carrie Anne, Stop stop stop, I can't let go, Mickey's monkey, I've got a way of my own, Very last day, Dear Eloise, Jennifer Eccles, Wings, On a carousel, Bus stop, Stop stop stop (Beat beat beat) , Carrie Anne, Dear Eloise (Smothers), jennifer eccles (Hollywood palace), Listen to me, Do the best you can (Beat club), Sorry Suzanne, Blowin in the wind.

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Tue Dec 02, 2008 20:27 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
paulgillingham Post subject:

Many thanks for the information. DVD arrived today, as a nostalgiafest it is a good addition to my collection. However, though they were in differentt venues the repitition of tracks is prominent and some of the editing bad but that may be down to the age of the film. Overall it is a good addition to any collection. What a great pity it is a bootleg though/

Many thanks again from
Paul
PostPosted:Thu Dec 04, 2008 16:22 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

What is the quality like? Does this DVD have the time code on wings and I've got a way of my own, if not I'd buy a copy,
Many thanks,
Anthony

PostPosted:Thu Dec 04, 2008 22:12 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
paulgillingham Post subject:

Hi Anthony, The quality is is ok asall the film is from archivesl some of the editing leaves a bit to be desired. A few of the tracks contain a countdown before the song starts. As a fan this DVD is a good addition to any Hollies DVD collection.
Regards from,
Paul
PostPosted:Mon Dec 08, 2008 15:56 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I also found that Amazon Uk is selling this, had to order it. If it is the same as the bootleg I described, it is rather odd if an official company releases a DVD that has previously been out as I bootleg. I will return about any differences when I get it.

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Thu Dec 11, 2008 19:03 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Sorry about the misprint. I meant of course "as a bootleg"

PostPosted:Thu Dec 11, 2008 19:03 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Bonus Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Knut wrote:
Sorry about the misprint. I meant of course "as a bootleg"

Knut as a bootleg.. No you´re not a bootleg, you´re a norwegian!
PostPosted:Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:00 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Anthony
No the time code is not present on this version, but the pictures and the sound are out of synchronisation a couple of places. Good picture quality on most clips though. No menu, and I have a problem with skipping to some of the last tracks.

PostPosted:Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:04 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Thanks Knut for letting me know.
Anthony

PostPosted:Mon Dec 22, 2008 21:08 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
benny-b-goode Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I bought this DVD two years ago on Ebay. I like it. It was my first Hollies DVD and so remains something special. I bought it together with the DVD "The Hollies: TV Files" with a complete TV special dating to the "Write On" era (means 1976). No further information on the DVD. It's great.
My favourite track on the Nash DVD is this version of "Blowin' In The Wind". This one is worth it alone. It must be one of their last appearances along with Graham. I love this simpler version and the way it is performed. It's much better than the video on "The Dutch Collection". I still don't understand why there is a loving couple in the video. They should have taken that version from this Nash era DVD for the official "Dutch Collection" I would say.

Merry christmas to all the Hollies fans in the world and to every Hollie from Dortmund, Germany.
PostPosted:Tue Dec 23, 2008 18:13 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
davidm Post subject:

I recently bought this DVD (only one Amazon dealer is still selling it). It is great viewing for Hollies fans, especially for those clips not previously seen. The quality, however, is disappointing. This DVD has problems on playback between 1.21.00 and 1.26.00. I have tried it on a computer and a DVD player. It jams on Carrie Anne (Smothers Brothers). It plays slowly and is distorted at the start of Jennifer Eccles (Hollywood Palace). The track Dear Eloise (Smothers Brothers) is accessible when played on a computer but is not accessible when played on DVD player. Have others found these faults on their copies?
PostPosted:Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:12 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1