graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music » New Album
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject: New Album
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Anyone have an inside track on the new album? It's been so quiet and I was wondering how things were coming together.
PostPosted:Fri Jul 11, 2008 21:03 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Agneta Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I got Carousel newsletter yesterday. This is what Chris and Sheila writes about the new album:

"All very quiet at present, but we are reliably informed that the band are in the recording studios working hard on the new album, one song is complete and four more progressing well. Bobby Elliott has written a song entitled 'Dolphin Days'. New songs written by Mark Read and Rob Davis will also be included.
The new recording is due for release in 2009 to coincide with the UK tour."
PostPosted:Sat Jul 12, 2008 17:41 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Thanks Agneta!
PostPosted:Sat Jul 12, 2008 19:58 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
DistantLight Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

That Bobby Elliott song sounds interesting... still waiting for a Tony Hicks song!
PostPosted:Sun Jul 13, 2008 18:48 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

Hello

Once again a perfectly good thread has gone off topic and deteriorated into another whinging session by a few members who see themselves as experts on what The Hollies should or should not be doing, who should be in the band, who should write a song and whom should make a comeback or guest appearances etc etc.

The thread is now locked.

This is totally disrespectful to the present line-up which is not going to change any time soon and certainly not at any of your requests.

It is also disrespectful to those people who may not want anything to do with the band any longer. After all, apart from dear Carl Wayne, with the exception of one previous member, they have all left on their own accord and for their own reasons.

I appreciate that each fan perhaps has a favourite era, song, line-up or even just one member but that does not give them the right to slag off any other members or line-up. If you can’t get over the fact that people leave a band or lose their voice or have a different opinion to yours, then that is your problem.

I don’t want continued whinging on the forum which was set up as a place where fans can communicate with each other in a friendly social atmosphere in “appreciation” of The Hollies, past but mainly present.

The band continue to tour in the UK and Europe, their choice, and continue to entertain and thrill hundreds and thousands of people at every venue.

Please read the rules of the forum under Just One Look:-

This forum exists for the promotion and appreciation of The Hollies, the band and their music.

It is a place for friendly discussion amongst fans of the band from all over the world.

I do not pay for and run it for the benefit of those detractors who can find nothing better to write than snide comments, crass remarks, unnecessary criticisms of line-ups, records, music or whatever.

I am sick and tired of trying to justify the “freedom of speech” of a few members to those that complain to me.

Those same few members, and they will know only too well who they are, are actually stopping many people from posting on the forum for fear of being criticised or their thread being dragged into the gutter.

This situation can no longer be tolerated and sadly, the exclusion of some members has been seriously considered and action taken.

The Hollies’ Forum certainly does not need them and will not miss them.

For those who wish to continue to criticise and pull the band to bits, you are not going to do it on this Hollies forum, start your own and whinge away as much as you like.

If anyone is not happy with this stance or feels that it is heavy handed then I am sorry because it is so quite deliberately. Please feel free to cancel your forum account, if I have not already closed it, you are no longer welcome here.

I have enough to do without policing the forum for the same negative posts and drivel from the same negative members.

For those who wish to continue to post in a sensible and constructive manner without the fear of being blasted or flamed, please do so.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Mon Jul 21, 2008 19:39 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1