graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music » New Rickfors album
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject: New Rickfors album
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Rickfors has a new album out in Sweden in August, under the name of Mobile Unit. See my homepage.

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:23 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Bonus Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Iīve got at promo copy of the album. Mikael and the boys in Mobile Unit are back in the seventies (or is it late sixties?) with a lot of heavy guitars, mostly itīs real classical rockīn roll. No time to relax with a glass of wine. This is beer-music, rough and tough!
PostPosted:Sun Jun 22, 2008 15:21 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Bonus wrote:
Iīve got at promo copy of the album. Mikael and the boys in Mobile Unit are back in the seventies (or is it late sixties?) with a lot of heavy guitars, mostly itīs real classical rockīn roll. No time to relax with a glass of wine. This is beer-music, rough and tough!

Bloody good news! Cool

PostPosted:Sun Jun 22, 2008 21:10 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
benny-b-goode Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Where can you listen to excerpts from the songs (like you can do on Amazon) of that particular album ?
I would like to get a first impression with my own ears ?
Oh, and even more important: where can you buy it outside Sweden ? You definitely won't find it in a CD store or on Amazon here in Germany what is quite annoying.
PostPosted:Mon Jun 23, 2008 16:23 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Connie Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

benny-b-goode wrote:
Where can you listen to excerpts from the songs (like you can do on Amazon) of that particular album ?
I would like to get a first impression with my own ears ?
Oh, and even more important: where can you buy it outside Sweden ? You definitely won't find it in a CD store or on Amazon here in Germany what is quite annoying.

Benny, I don't know if the songs you hear on Mikael's myspace page are from the new album but they sound like road songs to me.

http://www.myspace.com/mikaelrickfors

Thanks for the info, Knut. It's always nice to know what my favorite Hollie is up to these days.Too bad I can't make any of those tour dates. I'm starting to think I live on the wrong side of the Atlantic.

Connie
PostPosted:Tue Jun 24, 2008 16:38 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
snowflake Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Me too, Connie! But at least we can hopefully find copies of the new CD once it's released.

PostPosted:Tue Jun 24, 2008 16:42 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Where can you find copies of that CD outside Sweden ? Will it be available on Amazon Germany, United Kingdom or Sweden ? I definitely won't find it in a CD store here.
But thanks for the link. I will listen to those songs on myspace.
PostPosted:Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:36 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I just have listened to "Going For A Ride". Great rock song ! My computer did not play "Free Spirit" and "What's Goin' On". But I think those songs are great, too. And the song sounds new. Are they from the new album ? Bonus, you have a promo copy, you should know.
And I'm surprised how different Mikael's voice sounds today. I would not have recognized his voice at all if his voice would not have stood as a headline on myspace above those tracks. No trace of his Hollies voice. It sounds more rockin' and less like his Hollies voice. I can't describe it. But it sounds great and I would be interested in his new album if it is in English language completely. I want to understand what is said in his songs and I can't understand any Swedish.
PostPosted:Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:03 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

benny-b-goode wrote:
I just have listened to "Going For A Ride". Great rock song ! My computer did not play "Free Spirit" and "What's Goin' On". But I think those songs are great, too. And the song sounds new. Are they from the new album ? Bonus, you have a promo copy, you should know.
And I'm surprised how different Mikael's voice sounds today. I would not have recognized his voice at all if his voice would not have stood as a headline on myspace above those tracks. No trace of his Hollies voice. It sounds more rockin' and less like his Hollies voice. I can't describe it. But it sounds great and I would be interested in his new album if it is in English language completely. I want to understand what is said in his songs and I can't understand any Swedish.

With the passage of time, some singers' voices do change, as is the case with Rickfors'. I am curious to hear him tackle "Magic Woman Touch" and "Words Don't Come Easy" live now, as he mentioned on his website that he would be including them in his upcoming shows. Hopefully someone will post videos of those on YouTube.
PostPosted:Sun Jun 29, 2008 13:25 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Bonus Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

benny-b-goode wrote:

The songs that you hear on myspace are from the new album. And thereīs not a single word in swedish!! I really enjoy most of the songs.
PostPosted:Thu Jul 03, 2008 17:19 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Thank you, Knut. Good to know. I like these songs, too. Can the album be bought on Amazon or where can you get it ?
PostPosted:Fri Jul 04, 2008 14:34 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

An easy way to get it is to order via CDon if you live in the EU.

www.cdon.com

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Sat Jul 05, 2008 21:26 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1