graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation » Hollies Bio?
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Hillmanfan Post subject: Hollies Bio?

Hi There,

There hasn't been a comprehensive bio of the Hollies in years, and it is time to rectify the situation. Together with another Hollies fan here in the states, we have mulled it over, and would like to make that effort.

I have had published experience, having written a book and also having done the online biography of the Byrds Chris Hillman - Graham's buddy David's old partner.

I am looking for contacts, whether it be the band, Graham Nash, Allan Clarke, Terry, Carl Wayne's family, Allan Coates, Rob??- anyone associated with the Hollies past or present. This would be a worthwhile project, and there are some American pop culture publishers who just might be interested in this, not to mention ones in the U.K.

If you can help please contact me, Alan Rockman, at asrockman18@cox.net

Thanks,

Alan

PostPosted:Tue Jun 17, 2008 22:14 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject: Re: Hollies Bio?
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hillmanfan wrote:
Hi There,

There hasn't been a comprehensive bio of the Hollies in years, and it is time to rectify the situation. Together with another Hollies fan here in the states, we have mulled it over, and would like to make that effort.

I have had published experience, having written a book and also having done the online biography of the Byrds Chris Hillman - Graham's buddy David's old partner.

I am looking for contacts, whether it be the band, Graham Nash, Allan Clarke, Terry, Carl Wayne's family, Allan Coates, Rob??- anyone associated with the Hollies past or present. This would be a worthwhile project, and there are some American pop culture publishers who just might be interested in this, not to mention ones in the U.K.

Thanks,

Alan

Alan - Thanks for your offer to step up to the plate in an attempt to write a Hollies biography. I only hope that forum members can support you in some way. I'm surprised to see that your post has received such little interaction to date. I thought for sure it would have created a greater buzz.
PostPosted:Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:58 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
katdowl Post subject: Re: Hollies Bio?
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

holliesfan wrote:
Hillmanfan wrote:
Hi There,

Thanks,

Alan

Alan - Thanks for your offer to step up to the plate in an attempt to write a Hollies biography. I only hope that forum members can support you in some way. I'm surprised to see that your post has received such little interaction to date. I thought for sure it would have created a greater buzz.

Thats exactly what I thought Holliesfan. I think it would be a great idea to have a Hollies biography I don't know why other forum members haven't replied yet. Maybe if it got transferred to the write on thread of it might get more attention, I hope so.
PostPosted:Sat Jun 21, 2008 17:53 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
benny-b-goode Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I can't say much to this. I only can express my strong wish to have a Hollies bio. That's why I think that it would be a FANTASTIC idea. You get so much Beatles stuff and information, bios and documentaries and so few Hollies stuff. It's about time. I know so little about The Hollies compared to what I know about The Beatles. It's not because I'm more interested in The Beatles, it's simply because you don't get as much information about The Hollies as you get about The Beatles.
I would be very enthusiastic about a Hollies bio (and, by the way, a Hollies documentary like "The Beatles Anthology" with new interviews and archive material from all Hollies periods would be as fantastic as a Hollies bio).
PostPosted:Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:23 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hillmanfan - Please tell us more about your publishing background and how you plan to layout your Hollies bio.
PostPosted:Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:19 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Lou Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Just a thought. Smile

The gentleman could always spruce up
the wikipedia entry on The Hollies, as it's
lacking in accuracy and thoroughness.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hollies

PostPosted:Sun Oct 26, 2008 13:42 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Lou Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

sometimes, it can be a tad confusing Laughing

found on Wikipedia, Hollies bio, (as of Jan. 25 2010. @ 8:30 am)

Their last single prior to Nash's departure was the Tony Hazzard penned
"Listen To Me" (Sep. 1968, UK #11), which featured Nicky Hopkins on piano,
and was backed by "Do The Best You Can", the last original Nash-Clarke-
Hicks song to appear on a single

found on Wikipedia, Hollies discography(as of Jan. 25 2010. @ 8:30 am)

US: 1971 "Survival Of The Fittest"
b/w: "Man Without A Heart" US: Epic 10716

PostPosted:Mon Jan 25, 2010 14:20 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to: