graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On » Rock & Roll Hall of Fame
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject: Rock & Roll Hall of Fame
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Here's a very brief but exciting interview with "Little Steven" about The Hollies and his personal effort to get them inducted into the RRHOF ....

Little Steven advocates The Hollies for 2009
04.07.08 10:15 PM | Permalink

"Little Steven" Van Zandt, E Street Band guitarist and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nominating Committee member, was recently asked about who he will push for induction into the Rock Hall later this year:

Q. You worked hard to get the Dave Clark Five into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this year. Who's on top of your list now of bands that ought to be in?

A: Right now the priority is the Hollies. It's ridiculous. I think Johnny Burnette & the Rock 'n' Roll Trio is still high on my list. . . . Paul Revere & the Raiders deserve to be in. Herman's Hermits deserve to be in.

Q: Really?!

A: Absolutely. People forget how important Herman's Hermits were when they started. . . . We all get very elitist about who should be in and who shouldn't, but I consider great, great, great '60s pop music absolutely essential to the development of the art form.

Van Zandt is clearly passionate about the artists who helped shape him as a musician during his youth (he was born in 1950), but does he really think the '60s are underrepresented in the Hall of Fame?
The Rock Hall generally nominates at least a couple of bands from the '60s every year, so you can pencil in The Hollies at the top of your list of potential nominees for the 2009 ballot.
PostPosted:Fri Jun 06, 2008 15:05 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
benny-b-goode Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

It's about time. It's ridiculous to see so many artists inducted and The Hollies not, a band with so many hits and much more creativity shown in their singles and albums than many other bands that started in the 1960s.
PostPosted:Fri Jun 06, 2008 15:15 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

The Hollies, Paul Revere & The Raiders, Herman's Hermits, YES YES YES.
PostPosted:Fri Jun 06, 2008 15:23 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
loenen16 Post subject: rrhof
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

good job
its about time
greetz Ben
PostPosted:Fri Jun 06, 2008 20:04 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

And let's not forget two other Hollies; Eric Haydock (despite his naughty moments when he was billing himself as The Hollies, he was a superb bassist for the band in its early years) and Don Rathbone, their drummer on the first two singles. Amazing, isn't it; all of the members and former members of The Hollies are still alive. Can't say that about too many other British Invasion bands.
PostPosted:Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:48 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Little Steven has the right perspective!

Looking forward to seeing him live with Bruce and Nils in Oslo early July. Talking of Nils, who wrote Shine silently, recorded by the Hollies (I will not mention the Bruce-Hollies/Allan Clarke connections now, you obviously know about that) - has a new album out now, where he plays songs by Neil Young. I am looking forward to that! Quiz: What is the relation between Hollies and Neil Young, apart from Graham Nash playing with both?

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:12 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
John Truman Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Dennis wrote:
And let's not forget two other Hollies; Eric Haydock (despite his naughty moments when he was billing himself as The Hollies, he was a superb bassist for the band in its early years) and Don Rathbone, their drummer on the first two singles. Amazing, isn't it; all of the members and former members of The Hollies are still alive. Can't say that about too many other British Invasion bands.

NO THEY ARE NOT. Is everyone forgetting about Carl Wayne!

PostPosted:Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:07 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
benny-b-goode Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Yes, you are right. We may not forget Carl Wayne. I'm so glad having seen him live with The Hollies. I really want a live recording of one of those shows.
PostPosted:Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:45 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

John Truman wrote:
Dennis wrote:

NO THEY ARE NOT. Is everyone forgetting about Carl Wayne!

My mistake.Crying or Very sad Sorry about that. The hour was late. I, too, would like a live show with Carl Wayne, but I'm afraid it won't happen. We know how Tony and Bobby are regarding ex-members. They are not very interested, if at all.
PostPosted:Sat Jun 07, 2008 15:44 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
DistantLight Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Knut wrote:
Quiz: What is the relation between Hollies and Neil Young, apart from Graham Nash playing with both?

Didn't the Hollies play "Only Love Can Break Your Heart" in concert in the 70s? Very Happy
PostPosted:Sat Jun 07, 2008 17:29 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

DistantLight, you are perfectly right!

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Sat Jun 07, 2008 19:55 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Carrie Anne Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I adore that song by Neil Young-Haven't heard it by The hollies though-I wish!!!!!!
PostPosted:Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:04 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

DistantLight wrote:
Knut wrote:
Quiz: What is the relation between Hollies and Neil Young, apart from Graham Nash playing with both?

Didn't the Hollies play "Only Love Can Break Your Heart" in concert in the 70s? Very Happy

Yes. The song was in the band's set list in 1971 with Allan and 1972 with the Rickfors lineup, as was "Amazing Grace".
PostPosted:Sun Jun 08, 2008 15:13 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Here's an interesting article I came across related to Graham Nash and the Hollies getting into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2008-06-19/calendar/help-two-time-graham-nash/
PostPosted:Thu Jul 31, 2008 18:35 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Gee Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

EVERY Hollies fan should be pushing for this.
PostPosted:Thu Jul 31, 2008 20:48 pm

Last edited by Gee on Thu May 20, 2010 16:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic