graphic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band » Allen Clarke Clips on Youtube
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
David M Post subject: Allen Clarke Clips on Youtube

I found a goldmine. Here are the links to 7 Allen Clarke tracks. Note that the first two links have two songs each:

Shadow in the Street / Here in My Dreams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW245Ti4a88

Betting My Life on You / Light of My Smiles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM0cbK9Cujk&feature=related

Who
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7vYzmRYaqU&feature=related

Slipstream
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEe2Ji29QyE&feature=related

The Survivor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-hcZyZWRZA&feature=related
PostPosted:Fri May 16, 2008 8:24 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Carrie Anne Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Thank you for posting these David they are all wonderful songs by the great Mr Clarke. Cheers Carrie Anne
PostPosted:Fri May 16, 2008 10:52 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
benny-b-goode Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

WOW!
This is my first impression of Allan as a solo artist. And: IT'S GREAT!!!!
I have to buy "Heroes & Survivors" where most songs were taken from. I absolutely fell in love with "Light Of My Smiles", "Betting My Life On You" and "The Survivor" most of all. GREAT and thanks for sharing!
What a voice! Thank you, Allan! Very Happy
PostPosted:Sat May 17, 2008 13:11 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
David M Post subject:

Thanks Carrie Anne and benny-b-goode. What a pleasure to meet like-minded people!

My computer is kaput at home and here I am at the netshop just to listen to those songs over and over again. lol. I love them all even more with each listen.

That voice of Allen's is magic! If ever I have the choice of losing my sight or my hearing, I would dispense with my sight, for life would be so much the poorer for not listening to that sound.

I just found a Hollies song I have not heard before (well I do not have any "albums" except for "Distant Light", just a stack of "Greatest Hits" etc, some of which I bought just for one song I did not have at that time.) It is, according to YouTube, called "C'mon", which I liked at the first listen, liked a lot on the second, loved at the third and now is competing for the attention of my senses with the aforementioned Allen Clarke solo songs. Here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_AEjeTjWSM&feature=related
PostPosted:Sun May 18, 2008 10:58 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Carrie Anne Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Cheers David,It's a pleasure to meet another Hollies Fan.I love the track C'mon the song is so out there with a definate feelgood factor.You might not have a massive collection of Hollies albums(YET)but the one you do have Distant Light is one of my favourites-My fav tracks on there are Promised Land and To Do With Love.Welcome to the world of The Wonderful Hollies David,The world is your oyster now and there are loads of fantastic albums to get into and start collecting-Welcome to the Forum Carrie Anne.
PostPosted:Sun May 18, 2008 11:55 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
David M Post subject:

Very Happy Thanks again!

Well I have loads of songs from the various greatest hits compilations, and the Abbey Road trio, yet still a lot of gems to be gradually discovered - a great time lies ahead. And of course playing again and again - hehehe - life is good.

To Do With Love - I was walking along the street and heard someone singing that on karaoke once in a pub. Needless to say I strode in and ordered a drink - the song finished almost straight away (thankfully, what little I heard of the rendition) and after a dozen or so more drinks I almost has the courage to get up and sing it myself. Fortunately, common-sense (and a couple of patrons who heard my warm-up) prevailed. PS I love that song!
PostPosted:Sun May 18, 2008 12:08 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
loenen16 Post subject: you tube
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

and the Everly Brothers on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbHa-ITbSv0
with Hollies songs from Two yanks in England
PostPosted:Sun May 18, 2008 15:23 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi David,

welcome to The Hollies world. You certainly will have a great time. I remember every time I heard a Hollies album or track for the first time. It was pure magic.
Just to inform you. If you're interested in having "C'mon" on CD, it is a bonus track on the Magic Records release of their 1976 album "Russian Roulette". But I would not choose it as the second album of yours. "Hollies 1965", "Butterfly", the GREAT EMI reissues of "Romany" and "Hollies (1974)" and the Magic Records release "5317704" are better albums. Of course, it isn't wrong to have them all. All of their albums are great and unique. Very Happy
PostPosted:Sun May 18, 2008 15:49 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Neville Philpott Post subject:

Talking of Allan Clarke performances on 'youtube', has anyone seen him perform
live as a solo performer in either of his stints away from the Hollies?

cheers Neville...
PostPosted:Sun May 18, 2008 17:20 pm
graphic
Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Neville Philpott wrote:
Talking of Allan Clarke performances on 'youtube', has anyone seen him perform
live as a solo performer in either of his stints away from the Hollies?

cheers Neville...

There was a miming of "Slipstream" on some European TV show. Clarke played guitar. Another was on a US TV daytime chat show in 1977 hosted by Dinah Shore. Clarke came over to promote his album "I Wasn't Born Yesterday" and the single "(I Will Be Your) Shadow In The Street", which eventually reached No. 41 on the Billboard Hot 100. Clarke did a miming of it and The Hollies' "He Ain't Heavy...", which was a stretch, to put it mildly. There was no live solo performance I'm aware of.
PostPosted:Sun May 18, 2008 18:17 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
shootthebusstop Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi David. Welcome Very Happy . Thanks for these links. Allan Clarke is the most AMAZING singer as we can hear from these clips. What a man Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy .

PostPosted:Mon May 19, 2008 11:49 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Welcome, David. These clips are amazing, and show what a versatile singer Allan is. Very Happy

http://thehollies.proboards88.com
PostPosted:Fri May 23, 2008 17:10 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
katdowl Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Welcome David I totally agree with what you said about Allans voice my life would be much poorer without it too! I love the clarkey clips on youtube slipstream is currently my favourite. The two Allan Clarke compilations (Heroes and Survivors and Headroom/Allan Clarke/I've Got Time) are stunning aswell and are worth buying if you love his voice as much as I do Very Happy

Incidently his version of Born to Run and the catchy Who's Going Out The Backdoor ? from his album I Wasn't Born Yesterday are now available on youtube Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2_vRqYEFKI
PostPosted:Fri May 23, 2008 19:40 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Fine songs. Thanks! Let us know when there are more Allan Clarke songs on youtube. Very Happy
PostPosted:Sat May 24, 2008 14:08 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
David M Post subject:

Hi all and thank you for the warmth of your replies

Hey how about this - from the "reunion" album when Nash came back: "What Goes Around." The major hit was "Stop In The Name of Love" but it is undeniable that this song is nothing if not totally beautiful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JokMHxUnOoY
PostPosted:Thu Sep 04, 2008 13:53 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2