graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band » New Rickfors show
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject: New Rickfors show
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Finally some good news about Rickfors after his baby was born this winter. He announces on his official web site that there is a show at Dieselverkstan, Sickle, Stockholm (beware misprints on his website - took me some time to sort out), where he will play more Hollies songs than on the last tour. Words don't come easy, Magic woman touch. The show is 9th April. More info on

http://www.dieselverkstaden.se

and

http://www.rickforskonsert.se

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:31 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject: Re: New Rickfors show
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Knut wrote:
Finally some good news about Rickfors after his baby was born this winter. He announces on his official web site that there is a show at Dieselverkstan, Sickle, Stockholm (beware misprints on his website - took me some time to sort out), where he will play more Hollies songs than on the last tour. Words don't come easy, Magic woman touch. The show is 9th April. More info on

http://www.dieselverkstaden.se

and

http://www.rickforskonsert.se

This is great news. I'm glad Rickfors is doing more Hollies material. "Words Don't Come Easy" featured Rickfors playing congas in a solo spot during The Hollies' 1972 tour of the USA, one of the highlights of the concert.
PostPosted:Sun Feb 24, 2008 14:56 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Agneta Post subject: Mikael Rickfors in Ljungskile, Sweden, 31 July
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Thursday evening I went to Ljungskile on the west coast together with some friends and saw Mikael Rickfors perform at a small restaurant, “Lyckorna Brygga”, situated beautifully, right by the water.
He was accompanied by the same two musicians that were with him last year.

He opened with Whispers Of Winter, and after the second song he started talking about the Hollies, asked if we remembered them! We did! He then sang Words Don’t Come Easy, Magic Woman Touch and Bus Stop. Especially the later went down very well with the audience.
He then took a break, and came back and did ten more songs. Even though I was very pleased to hear the Hollies songs, the second half of the show was even better.
He sang three new songs, among them Radio Days and Free Spirit. He performed five songs in Swedish, some of them from his time with the group Grymlings.
He closed the show with Vingar (Wings), his most popular song, followed by a lovely version of When A Man Loves A Woman, just like he did at Slussen last September.

Before the concert I got the opportunity to say hello to him, and my friend took a photo of us, but I’m afraid I couldn’t think of anything more intelligent to ask him than if he was going to sing any Hollies songs!

Anyway I really enjoyed the evening, and especially one of my friends was impressed by Mikael, and when I told her he used to be the singer with the Hollies, and about the reissue of Romany, she said she would consider buying that record!

Agneta
PostPosted:Sun Aug 03, 2008 19:04 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Bonus Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Great review Agneta! I hope I can go to his concert in Trelleborg at the end of this month. Have You heard the Mobile Unit-cd , also including his friend Mats Ronander?
PostPosted:Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:08 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Agneta Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Thanks Bonus!

No, I haven't heard the Mobile Unit cd yet, only the songs on Mikaels MySpace site. It will be released on the 20th, won't it?

But I listened to Mikael and Mats on YouTube, doing Jumpin' Jack Flash on the Stones festival in Falkenberg recently. Here is a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q09HSCaK23o

And if you go to Trelleborg, please write a review!

(Oh, look! We've both got 107 posts each!) Very Happy
PostPosted:Wed Aug 06, 2008 16:21 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
snowflake Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Thanks for the review, Agneta. Sounds like a really good show. And thanks for the Youtube link; I hadn't seen Mikael's version of JJF!

PostPosted:Wed Aug 06, 2008 20:23 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Agneta Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Your're welcome, snowflake!
PostPosted:Fri Aug 08, 2008 21:19 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Connie Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

Speaking of Rickfors on YouTube, I came across this the other day. It knocked my socks off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p60OiRiiQYA
PostPosted:Mon Aug 11, 2008 19:07 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Great clip of Mikael singing Amazing Grace, what a powerful voice he still has. I wonder if he sang it with the Hollies, I know they did a version in the 70's with Allan on stage. Many thanks Connie.

PostPosted:Mon Aug 11, 2008 21:43 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Connie Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

You're welcome, Anthony. Mikael just blows me away. It's too bad the Hollies weren't able to use the Amazing Grace from the Christchurch show on that live CD.. I would love to hear Allan on this one.
PostPosted:Thu Aug 14, 2008 19:20 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Thanks to our faithful Hollies fan from Sweden, Agneta, you can see and hear clips of Rickfors doing two songs he played with the Hollies: Words don't come easy and Magic woman touch. This was taped in Ljungkile and is uploaded on YouTube. Unfortunately, there is too much talking in the audience, but you still get a good idea what a nice show this must have been. See here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UhOGAGIIGo

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Thu Aug 21, 2008 19:18 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Thanks to both you and Agneta for the clip of Mikael singing the two Hollies songs, shame about the audience noise. Mikael sounds great on Magic Woman touch. It's nice to see him play a Hollies song or two in his sets these days,
many thanks,
Anthony

PostPosted:Thu Aug 21, 2008 21:50 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
snowflake Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Great job, Agneta! It's so good to hear Mikael do these songs again after all these years. And thanks for posting these, Knut Very Happy

PostPosted:Sun Aug 24, 2008 17:57 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Bonus Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Mikael traveled to London recently to record with legendary British singer Paul Jones of Manfred Mann. Paul was recording his first solo album in many years and it's being produced by Mikael's friend Carla Olson. In addition to singing on the album Mikael & Paul wrote a song that will appear on it as well. One of the songs Mikael sings on is I'm Gone by Sweden's The Creeps. Also on the album is Eric Clapton!

(Taken from Mikaels homepage)
PostPosted:Thu Oct 16, 2008 21:31 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic