graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » My Back Pages » Hollies Record Sleeves
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject: Hollies Record Sleeves
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I'm starting this thread so we can post photos of those amazing record sleeves from the Hollies' albums, singles, and EPs. This one is a Parlophone EP for "I Can't Let Go," "Look Through Any Window," "I've Got a Way of My Own," and "So Lonely." As always, all the guys are enchanting, and Allan looks so cute when he laughs.

http://thehollies.proboards88.com
PostPosted:Wed Feb 20, 2008 18:06 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
katdowl Post subject: Re: Hollies Record Sleeves
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Vrinda wrote:
I'm starting this thread so we can post photos of those amazing record sleeves from the Hollies' albums, singles, and EPs. This one is a Parlophone EP for "I Can't Let Go," "Look Through Any Window," "I've Got a Way of My Own," and "So Lonely." As always, all the guys are enchanting, and Allan looks so cute when he laughs.

Thanks Vrinda for posting this Very Happy as always they look gorgeous and I agree allan looks very cute when he laughs Wink I wonder what made him giggle.
PostPosted:Wed Feb 20, 2008 20:29 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
shootthebusstop Post subject: Re: Hollies Record Sleeves
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Vrinda wrote:

This is a great idea for a thread. You think of everything Queenie. Now we have even more excuse to lust after the boys Laughing .(Is that the sound of a male mass of rolling eyes and tutting mouths??????)

PostPosted:Wed Feb 20, 2008 21:04 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject: Re: Hollies Record Sleeves
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

shootthebusstop wrote:
Vrinda wrote:

This is a great idea for a thread. You think of everything Queenie. Now we have even more excuse to lust after the boys Laughing .(Is that the sound of a male mass of rolling eyes and tutting mouths??????)

Thanks, hon!

Maybe the photographer said something funny, but just what, we may never know, unless Allan remembers! Laughing

I just remembered: Yesterday was the first anniversary of My Back Pages being launched. I had something nice planned, but didn't have the time to scan, crop, and upload everything. I'll get to it later! Wink

PostPosted:Wed Feb 20, 2008 21:14 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi all,
Over the past few months I have started to collect/buy Hollies singles with picture sleeves off ebay. Some great art work. I have noticed that some covers have slightly different photos from the same photo shoot. I've got a copy of I'm down and Terry Sylvester has his arms by his side, I've seen a different cover/song and the photo is almost the some only thing different is Terry's arms are folded.
all the best,
Anthony

PostPosted:Wed Feb 20, 2008 21:16 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Anthony wrote:
Hi all,
Over the past few months I have started to collect/buy Hollies singles with picture sleeves off ebay. Some great art work. I have noticed that some covers have slightly different photos from the same photo shoot. I've got a copy of I'm down and Terry Sylvester has his arms by his side, I've seen a different cover/song and the photo is almost the some only thing different is Terry's arms are folded.
all the best,
Anthony

Hi Anthony,
I have noticed the same thing with different covers. The cover of the American version album "The Hollies: Hear! Here!" has a similar photo to the one on "In the Hollies Style," except Graham has one arm crossed over his stomach, with the other propping up his chin, and Bobby's got one hand in his pocket and the other is on Graham's shoulder:

PostPosted:Wed Feb 20, 2008 22:23 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
shootthebusstop Post subject: Re: Hollies Record Sleeves
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Vrinda wrote:
shootthebusstop wrote:
Vrinda wrote:

Thanks, hon!

Maybe the photographer said something funny, but just what, we may never know, unless Allan remembers! Laughing

I just remembered: Yesterday was the first anniversary of My Back Pages being launched. I had something nice planned, but didn't have the time to scan, crop, and upload everything. I'll get to it later! Wink
Ah!!!!!! Happy Anniversary Queenie. What would the forum be without you Wink ?

PostPosted:Thu Feb 21, 2008 14:40 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

shootthebusstop wrote:
Vrinda wrote:
shootthebusstop wrote:
Vrinda wrote:

Thanks, hon!

I hate to sound so negative, but I'm sure there are some on here who are regretting the day I signed up! Wink

On the other hand, this would be one boring place without My Back Pages! Laughing

PostPosted:Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:56 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
John Truman Post subject: Re: Hollies Record Sleeves
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Vrinda wrote:
shootthebusstop wrote:
Vrinda wrote:
shootthebusstop wrote:
Vrinda wrote:

Thanks, hon!

I hate to sound so negative, but I'm sure there are some on here who are regretting the day I signed up! Wink

On the other hand, this would be one boring place without My Back Pages! Laughing

Keep up the good work, Vrinda. I've been a Hollies fan for all of those 45 years and I can't wait to see which photo you are loading up next!

PostPosted:Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:25 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

John Truman wrote:
Vrinda wrote:
shootthebusstop wrote:
Vrinda wrote:
shootthebusstop wrote:
Vrinda wrote:

Thanks, hon!

Keep up the good work, Vrinda. I've been a Hollies fan for all of those 45 years and I can't wait to see which photo you are loading up next!

Thanks, John! You'll love what I've got lined up next! Wink

You lucky man! I wish I had been there 45 years ago to see the Hollies when they started out. If time travel becomes a reality ... Wink

PostPosted:Sun Feb 24, 2008 16:11 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Here's that lovely cover of the Hollies' Greatest Hits: Vol. 2. Note that Clarkey is not wearing a shirt Very Happy , and Bernie is a real tiger! (GGGRRRRR!) Wink

PostPosted:Mon Feb 25, 2008 18:21 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
shootthebusstop Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Vrinda wrote:
Here's that lovely cover of the Hollies' Greatest Hits: Vol. 2. Note that Clarkey is not wearing a shirt Very Happy , and Bernie is a real tiger! (GGGRRRRR!) Wink

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Allan I'm yours, take me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

PostPosted:Mon Feb 25, 2008 18:24 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

shootthebusstop wrote:
Vrinda wrote:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Allan I'm yours, take me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Wait your turn, hon. He's taking me first! Very Happy

PostPosted:Mon Feb 25, 2008 18:30 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
shootthebusstop Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Vrinda wrote:
shootthebusstop wrote:
Vrinda wrote:

Now ,we are not going to start this again Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing .

PostPosted:Mon Feb 25, 2008 18:47 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

shootthebusstop wrote:
Vrinda wrote:
shootthebusstop wrote:
Vrinda wrote:

Now ,we are not going to start this again Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing .

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Let's be thankful Allan doesn't log in and read these. He might faint! Shocked

Let's just flip a coin to see who gets first crack at him! I call tails! Laughing

PostPosted:Mon Feb 25, 2008 19:12 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » My Back Pages
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Page 1 of 4