graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road » Hollies on Tour
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
GregM Post subject: Hollies on Tour

Does anybody know if the Hollies are ever going to consider touring in the United States? They are my third favorite band of all time, and I would really like to see them live. I have had the pleasure of seeing my first and second favorite bands play live. It would be nice to add the Hollies to the list. Anybody have any answer? Thank you in advance.

Greg
PostPosted:Fri Mar 19, 2004 17:50 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Sharon Olson Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

Hi Greg,

I'm not holding my breath on a U.S. Hollies concert in the near future. I've heard nothing to indicate that may happen Sad

I'll not hold it against you that the Hollies are only your 3rd favorite band Very Happy

They are my number one favorite, and they were in my backyard in July 2002, when they were last in the states. (Kearney Nebraska) Absolutely fantastic Greg, I can only hope the opportunity will come again. Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Shari
PostPosted:Mon May 31, 2004 5:47 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Greg and Shari,
You never really know what the Hollies may do, never thought we would see them in Oz again then we had the 2001 tour, I think you had them the year after.
Greg what are the other two groups you like?
Bye,
Anthony

PostPosted:Mon May 31, 2004 10:23 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Anthony Exclamation

I too never thought we would see The Hollies downunder either. I saw them in 1987 and all the way through the 90's people kept telling me they broke up but I never believed it. Then in 2001 I accidently found an ad for the Sydney show in a newspaper (I didn't have the internet then) and I got to see them again. Hopefully they will visit our shores again next year and this time I can keep an eye out for the ad on The Hollies or Carl's sites. Shari and Greg, I hope that you get to see them in the states as well and I guarantee it will be a concert you will enjoy and never forget.

All The Best

Susie

Cool Razz
PostPosted:Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:35 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Susie,
I really thought the Hollies had split, then I found an address for a Guy called Mark in America who had a Hollies news letter and then I knew they were well and going strong. We are all so lucky to have the internet and these fab sites to visit. Back to the Hollies tours, I just dream of one more show. I sure we will be the first to know.

PostPosted:Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:15 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Anthony Exclamation

I always dream of one more show as well and in November that dream will come true and I can't wait. As for any Australian shows, I think we have a better chance of finding out about those if we watch the Internet or see it advertised at the venue they'll be playing than anywhere. If I didn't see that ad in the newspaper last time they were here I wouldn't have known about it at all.

All The Best

Susie

Smile Cool
PostPosted:Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:46 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Sharon Olson Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

Hi Susie, Anthony and all,

Susie you are singing the same song as many of us. Concern about the people knowing the Hollies are performing. There seems to be many American's that have no clue they were right here in 2002. Crying or Very sad I suspect some of them would have made the trip just to see their beloved Hollies. I know I've mentioned before that had I not been listening to the right radio station, I may never have known they were performing right in my own back yard! Bruce from Iowa had the internet and was checking in on them. At that time I did not have internet. Thank goodness for it now. The thought I might have missed them being so close gives me the chills. Shocked

Add me to the list of those who thought the Hollies died long ago. I thought after "What Goes Around" In '83, they were finished Crying or Very sad Then in '93 there was the joy Very Happy of discovering they were still performing, but figured then they were done Crying or Very sad The total shock Shocked and joy Very Happy of hearing the were coming to America in 02 Razz Razz Razz Razz !

I echo the sentiments thank goodness for the internet Exclamation May we all get "one more time" Exclamation

Shari
PostPosted:Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:57 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
brandy Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Hi Shari,

The irony of the 2002 American tour is that I only learned of the concerts through the Hollies Web Forum and a post by Mark Meli. While I had visited this site before, I felt I had no reason to check the "On Tour" page...why would I? Embarassed I knew nothing of Carl's site at the time. However, just days before the shows, I sent a rather cheeky and presumptuous e-mail Rolling Eyes to him, this nice lady named Helen Very Happy answered, and you know the rest... Cool

Back to the irony angle...I wouldn't be able to learn of any American shows through the HWF in 2004. While I now have alternate sources of information, I'm curious whether anyone knows what has happened to it Confused The site appears to have been abandoned and taken over by a lovely gentleman ("Crank Lloyd Rite", how very clever...). who has issues with the final episode of "Friends", among other things.

PostPosted:Thu Jun 03, 2004 17:23 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Shari Exclamation

You hit the nail on the head when you said thank goodness for the Internet. Getting the Internet is one of the smartest things I have ever done and thanks to Rob keeping us up to date with The Hollies activities and where and when they are doing a concert, I can find out about the shows well before the guys do them instead of a week before the concert like in 2001.

All The Best

Susie

Very Happy Rolling Eyes
PostPosted:Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:00 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1