The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road » 25 years 1983
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject: 25 years 1983
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi all,
Well can you believe it's 25 years tomorrow I saw the Hollies in concert. The Hollies started the show with Stop In The Name Of Love, I remember hearing Soldiers song for the first time and at the time I thought it was a new recording. It was a day to remember for a few other reasons, hey it was my Birthday and we had bushfires in the state of Victoria, the fires were really bad and the day was called Ash Wednesday here.
I remember on the day the Hollies were on mid day TV singing He ain't heavy and Stop in the name of love. I went to the concert with my brother In-Law who really enjoyed Bobby's Drum work. Sadly my Brother In-Law has passed away.
It was a wonderful day, I did go on and see the Hollies two more times, 1987 on Mothers day and 2001 with Carl Wayne.
Fond memories,
Anthony

PostPosted:Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:05 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
John Truman Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Nice memories, Anthony. Happy birthday for tomorrow.

ps. I think you need to alter your tag line (or whatever it's called). Isn't it 45 great years now?

PostPosted:Fri Feb 15, 2008 14:39 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

All done John, the Hollies are still giving a lot of pleasure,
Thats one thing about not seeing as many concerts, you remember them all and they are all special moments in time.

PostPosted:Fri Feb 15, 2008 22:10 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
loenen16 Post subject: 45 years
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

and because off all the fond memories we need to have a live cd from the hollies from this year with the supurb show and music wich they make now.

bernard
PostPosted:Fri Feb 15, 2008 22:32 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
shootthebusstop Post subject: Re: 25 years 1983
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Anthony wrote:
Hi all,
Well can you believe it's 25 years tomorrow I saw the Hollies in concert. The Hollies started the show with Stop In The Name Of Love, I remember hearing Soldiers song for the first time and at the time I thought it was a new recording. It was a day to remember for a few other reasons, hey it was my Birthday and we had bushfires in the state of Victoria, the fires were really bad and the day was called Ash Wednesday here.
I remember on the day the Hollies were on mid day TV singing He ain't heavy and Stop in the name of love. I went to the concert with my brother In-Law who really enjoyed Bobby's Drum work. Sadly my Brother In-Law has passed away.
It was a wonderful day, I did go on and see the Hollies two more times, 1987 on Mothers day and 2001 with Carl Wayne.
Fond memories,
Anthony
Lovely, I enjoyed reading this Smile Smile .

PostPosted:Fri Feb 15, 2008 23:09 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Carrie Anne Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Memories stay with us for the rest of our lives Anthony, these are priceless.Lots of Luv Carrie Anne xx.
PostPosted:Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:15 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Yes, this year marks the 25th anniversary of The Hollies' reunion tour with Nash, and I have happy memories of that time as well. Seeing the band performing two shows on the same night was a unique experience. They played The Bottom Line in New York City. I remember one set they opened with "I Can't Let Go" and the other set began with "Stop In The Name Of Love". I even travelled by bus to upstate New York and saw the show in Saratoga Springs. That was my last Hollies concert to this day. I envy European fans who caught the Carl Wayne lineup. Hearing them do "The Baby" with Wayne had to have been amazing.
PostPosted:Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:36 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
an Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

A few weeks back my son surprised me with this Reunion Live CD from 1983.
It must have been a great concert. I really love this album, especially the long version of Long Cool Woman.
PostPosted:Sun Feb 17, 2008 19:50 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I saw the band later on, during the summer, on two different shows about two weeks apart.

And yes, the second of those shows was indeed the one recorded for concert. Too back they deleted If The Lights Go Out from the recordings. And that was needlessly done, as if they'd added the track the full show still would have fit onto a CD.
PostPosted:Mon Feb 18, 2008 14:34 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
snowflake Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

That is indeed a shame that they deleted If the Lights Go Out from the recordings. I remember thinking how powerful Bobby's drumming was during that song (I saw them in Cleveland, Ohio in August 1983). The whole concert was wonderful, but that was one of the songs that stood out for me. Great memories Very Happy

PostPosted:Mon Feb 18, 2008 14:56 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
benny-b-goode Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

"If The Lights Go Out" is the best song on "What Goes Around" for me (together with "Someone Else's Eyes".
PostPosted:Mon Feb 18, 2008 16:54 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
shootthebusstop Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

benny-b-goode wrote:
"If The Lights Go Out" is the best song on "What Goes Around" for me (together with "Someone Else's Eyes".
Just love that song "Someone Else's Eyes".It makes me all teary Embarassed .

PostPosted:Mon Feb 18, 2008 21:43 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject: Re: 25 years 1983
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Anthony wrote:
Hi all,
Fond memories,
Anthony

Hi Anthony Exclamation

Time sure does go quick doesn't it. I am sure you had great memeories of that concert. I never saw The Hollies in 1983, I was on my Honeymoon in New Zealand at the time. I did see them the day before Mother's Day in May 1987 though and it seems like just yesterday, I remember they started the show with Long Cool Woman and there was a lot of banter between Allan and Tony. I saw the band with Carl in 2001 and the current line-up in 2004 too.

Best Wishes

Susie

PostPosted:Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:12 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1