The Hollies Forum Index » My Back Pages » Tony's Thread
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Dennis wrote:
Tony, to me, has always been the "heart" of The Hollies; he has been there all the way through, and as such, really is my favorite member. He took control of the band after Allan left in '71, recruiting Rickfors and pulling the band together during that tumultuous time. I'm sure it was Tony who found "The Baby", and led the band through finding the choice tunes that graced the "Romany" album. I see him as the catalyst for all this, and we should be grateful to Tony for picking great songs for the band as well as penning more than a few himself, such as "Too Young To Be Married" and "Long Dark Road" (with Kenny Lynch).

I should make it clear, Tony did not "take over" the band when Allan left, but volunteered to do it when no one else wanted to.

http://thehollies.proboards88.com
PostPosted:Fri Feb 22, 2008 18:44 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Carrie Anne Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Very True Vrinda he did volunteer.But I think he needs commending for all his hard work regarding the band and lets not forget Bobby Elliott who has also worked his socks off maintaining a tight ship.Great Tony Threads.
PostPosted:Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:01 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Carrie Anne wrote:
Very True Vrinda he did volunteer.But I think he needs commending for all his hard work regarding the band and lets not forget Bobby Elliott who has also worked his socks off maintaining a tight ship.Great Tony Threads.

My comment wasn't to demean Tony, but to set the record straight about certain facts, which are otherwise being rewritten by certain know-nothings on this board. Wink

PostPosted:Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:48 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Carrie Anne Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi Vrinda,I know that you wouldn't do anything to demean Tony and i know exactly where you are coming from with your comments.We're cool and know the score better than some.Lots of Luv......Carrie Anne.
PostPosted:Sat Mar 01, 2008 21:32 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Oh please! Mad It seems certain gals on this board have gotten out of control. I really have zero patience for such childishness. I happen to be a fan for a long, long time and I don't appreciate being referred to, either directly or indirectly, as a "know nothing". I would venture to guess I have more knowledge on the band than most. If you will bother to search the message boards, I have contributed a great deal to the discussion here. And who cares if Tony "took over" the band or "volunteered". You are quibbling over a word. The fact remains he took charge of the band after Clarke quit, and did most of the talking onstage when Rickfors came aboard. I know; I was there at the concert. Were either of you?
PostPosted:Sat Mar 01, 2008 22:56 pm

Last edited by Dennis on Sat Mar 01, 2008 23:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Dennis wrote:
Oh please! Mad It seems certain gals on this board think they know it all. I happen to be a fan for a long, long time and I don't appreciate being referred to, either directly or indirectly, as a "know nothing". I would venture to guess I have more knowledge on the band than most. If you will bother to search the message boards, I have contributed a great deal to the discussion here. And by the way, who cares if Tony "took over" the band or "volunteered". You are quibbling over a word. The fact remains he took charge of the band after Clarke quit, and did most of the talking onstage when Rickfors came aboard. I know; I was there at the concert. Were either of you?

DENNIS, YOU ARE A KNOW-NOTHING! I've had enough of your stupid drivel. You do nothing but discredit Allan right and left, and try to rewrite the Hollies's history over and over. You make it sound like Tony went and took charge of the band all on his own, when he didn't set out to do it in the first place, and would not take credit for doing such a thing as if it were a great accomplishment. If I was at that Hollies concert where you were, I would have punched your lights out. As far as I'm concerned, you're an idiot. You've contributed quite a bit to this board - quite a bit of nonsense! Unless you want to be bombarded with more hell from me, keep your worthless mouth shut and don't ever try to respond to any of my posts again. Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted:Sat Mar 01, 2008 23:13 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
frostina Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Vrinda, you need to read the rules of this forum. You have violated several of them.
PostPosted:Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:15 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

I agree.

This forum is for debate in a mature fashion and not for calling each other. It does not matter how light hearted a thread gets but it must remain within the bounds of reason and respect.

We are all entitled to our own opinion but that does not mean we should not respect anyone elses, even if we disagree with it. That applies to everyone.

Before getting back at someone, think about it. Do you really need to disagree or state your case again and again.

This thread is now locked to give those concerned time to cool down.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:02 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » My Back Pages
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2