graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject: 45 years
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi all,
Now if I'm right, this is the Hollies 45th anniversary, what a career,
My question is are the Hollies going to do any thing special to mark the occasion.
best wishes,
Anthony

PostPosted:Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:16 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

The classy thing to do would be to have everyone work on their schedules, and commit to getting together one weekend this summer and produce a couple of songs - maybe covers of Ain't That Just Like Me along with a couple of bigger hits, and release them as an EP or something. You know, have a true reunion and ask Graham to fly in from Hawaii, Mikael from Sweden, Terry from Toronto, and get all the UK guys together for a "we are the world" style singing session. Hey, find some song in the right key, and even Allan can sing lead vocal on the verses!
PostPosted:Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:40 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

SpartyScott wrote:
The classy thing to do would be to have everyone work on their schedules, and commit to getting together one weekend this summer and produce a couple of songs - maybe covers of Ain't That Just Like Me along with a couple of bigger hits, and release them as an EP or something. You know, have a true reunion and ask Graham to fly in from Hawaii, Mikael from Sweden, Terry from Toronto, and get all the UK guys together for a "we are the world" style singing session. Hey, find some song in the right key, and even Allan can sing lead vocal on the verses!

Smashing idea!
PostPosted:Sun Jan 06, 2008 13:41 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
shootthebusstop Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

SpartyScott wrote:
What a thought ,I'm in heaven Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy .

PostPosted:Sun Jan 06, 2008 19:57 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hofner65 Post subject:

Write On, Scotty...we can only hope. The Hollies are the only band I can think of (60's, 70's OR 80's) where every single essential member is still alive, and didn't die in the usual rock & roll tragedy sense.

PostPosted:Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:10 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

hofner65 wrote:
Write On, Scotty...we can only hope. The Hollies are the only band I can think of (60's, 70's OR 80's) where every single essential member is still alive, and didn't die in the usual rock & roll tragedy sense.

Please don't take this wrong, but it seems(in many cases) that all kudos is paid to artists AFTER they die. Why not seize the moment to celebrate and honor the surviving members of this great band while they are still with us. Does it really take that much encouraging to bring the lads together for one special night? Someone needs to take the ball and run with it.
PostPosted:Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:35 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
shootthebusstop Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

holliesfan wrote:
hofner65 wrote:

Please don't take this wrong, but it seems(in many cases) that all kudos is paid to artists AFTER they die. Why not seize the moment to celebrate and honor the surviving members of this great band while they are still with us. Does it really take that much encouraging to bring the lads together for one special night? Someone needs to take the ball and run with it.
Yes ,I think there was great regret when John Lennon died and the boys hadn't made the effort to reunite for at least one last time.Life is too short for petty squabbles etc.When there is talent like the Hollies have and when,as you say,all the members are still with us(which is so rare in the music business)then the reasons are all there to come together one last time(so that I can hear/see Clarkey sing Wink ).LET'S KEEP EVERYTHING CROSSED!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted:Tue Jan 08, 2008 13:25 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

The question is who will be the catalyst or motivator to help jump start this idea and put it into motion? I believe the Hollies themselves are in the best position to decide whether or not they would even want to stage such an event. Of course it would be nice if Jimmy Smith and EMI could support the effort.
PostPosted:Tue Jan 08, 2008 13:43 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
snowflake Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

It would certainly be a dream come true!

PostPosted:Tue Jan 08, 2008 13:49 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

holliesfan wrote:
The question is who will be the catalyst or motivator to help jump start this idea and put it into motion? I believe the Hollies themselves are in the best position to decide whether or not they would even want to stage such an event. Of course it would be nice if Jimmy Smith and EMI could support the effort.

Just as in 1982 or whenever it was, Tony Hicks needs to pick up the phone and call Graham. He's the key player in any reunion, since without him it frankly would get no international attention and whatever they produced would never get heard by anything other than the remaining Hollies die-hard fan base.

If Nash got behind the project, it could happen. If not, there's no chance.

LOL, as an incentive, they can let Graham sing a new version of "To You My Love." (that was Graham's first-ever lead vocal)
PostPosted:Tue Jan 08, 2008 15:27 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
benny-b-goode Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

What a great idea.
And imagine how it great it would be if every single member would choose their personal favourite Hollies song and they would perform it. That might include some great songs from the large Hollies music catalogue they haven't played in a long time or maybe never ever before (maybe Allan would choose my favourite number of his - the B-side of "I Can't Tell The Bottom From The Top" - "Mad Professor Blythe".
A dream come true for me would also be a live performance of Tony's great "Confessions Of The Mind").
Oh, well, dreaming is a lot of fun Very Happy
PostPosted:Tue Jan 08, 2008 15:50 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

SpartyScott wrote:
holliesfan wrote:

Just as in 1982 or whenever it was, Tony Hicks needs to pick up the phone and call Graham. He's the key player in any reunion, since without him it frankly would get no international attention and whatever they produced would never get heard by anything other than the remaining Hollies die-hard fan base.

If Nash got behind the project, it could happen. If not, there's no chance.

LOL, as an incentive, they can let Graham sing a new version of "To You My Love." (that was Graham's first-ever lead vocal)

Is there anyone on this website that's even remotely connected to Tony? Perhaps a simple phone call to him might get him to mull over the idea.
PostPosted:Tue Jan 08, 2008 16:19 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1