The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music » The Dutch Collection
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject: The Dutch Collection
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Rob and Everyone Exclamation

Yesterday (Monday) was my Birthday and I got a lot of nice presents but one surprise I got was when I opened the gift from Dad which turned out to be The Hollies, Dutch Collection CD/DVD set. I played both of them and they a fantastic. The CD has great stereo sound and The DVD is of great quality as well and I would recommend the collection to anyone.

I only have 2 complaints.

1. The CD has 22 of their hits on it but it doesn't have Too Young To Be Married or Long Cool Woman which were 2 of the biggest hits they ever had.

2. The inside cover of the booklet that comes with the set is wrtten in Dutch so I can't read it except for the band members' names and the word Hollies.

On the DVD there are original film/video clips of the band singing 26 of there hits from Just One Look to Daddy Don't Mind. It also has some bonus material too,

1. Interview with Allan Clarke, Graham Nash, Tony Hicks, Bobby Elliott and Eric Haydock when they were travelling on a bus from about 1966.

2. An interview with Tony Hicks and Terry Sylvester from the mid 70's. I'm not sure but I think they were in Australia at the time because the guy interviewing them looked like a T.V. Host Donnie Sutherland.

3. 4 video clips of the band singing Star, Boulder To Birmingham, Heartbeat and Holliedaze.

I now have 4 Hollies DVD's and I will treasure all of them.

Best Wishes

Susie

PostPosted:Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:04 am

Last edited by Susie Hewett on Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:04 am; edited 2 times in total
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Susie,
What a gift from your Dad, I also have the dutch collection, I have never played the cd, the DVD is just brilliant, what did you think of "Listen to me" I love it. Daddy don't mind shows how the lads can rock'n'roll with the best of them. Somany gems.

PostPosted:Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:07 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
shootthebusstop Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Anthony wrote:
Hi Susie,
What a gift from your Dad, I also have the dutch collection, I have never played the cd, the DVD is just brilliant, what did you think of "Listen to me" I love it. Daddy don't mind shows how the lads can rock'n'roll with the best of them. Somany gems.
Yes, Listen to me is just fantastic.Allan looks as if he has itching powder in his suit and he just can't wait to get up and move about.I love the way him and Graham end the song in the same way with those stylish twirls of their hands.The best bit for me ,though,is Allan's chest in "Sandy" Shocked Cool .All in all a must have for all Hollies fans.

PostPosted:Tue Dec 04, 2007 22:44 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Anthony wrote:
Hi Susie,

Hi Anthony Exclamation

I think I read in another thread that you have The Dutch Collection. I too love the clip of Listen To Me. All the guys (especially Allan and Graham look like they are having a good time. I also like the end of the Carrieanne Clip when Allan and Graham dress as cowboys and Allan shoots Graham and he falls flat on his back into the water. My other favourites are Star and Boulder To Birmingham.

Best Wishes

Susie

PostPosted:Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:06 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Connie Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

shootthebusstop wrote:
Anthony wrote:
Hi Susie,
Yes, Listen to me is just fantastic.Allan looks as if he has itching powder in his suit and he just can't wait to get up and move about.I love the way him and Graham end the song in the same way with those stylish twirls of their hands.The best bit for me ,though,is Allan's chest in "Sandy" Shocked Cool .All in all a must have for all Hollies fans.

Oh dear, Allan, Sandy, chest. Yet another reason for me to put Santa on the hurry up for my Dutch DVD thingy.
PostPosted:Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:09 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject: Re: The Dutch Collection
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Susie Hewett wrote:
Hi Rob and Everyone Exclamation

2. An interview with Tony Hicks and Terry Sylvester from the mid 70's. I'm not sure but I think they were in Australia at the time because the guy interviewing them looked like a T.V. Host Donnie Sutherland.

Best Wishes

Susie

I watched The Dutch Collection again and really had a good look at the guy interviewing Tony and Terry and just as I thought, he is Donnie Sutherland - host of a music show Sound Unlimited. I'm guessing it was during their Australian tour of 1976 Question

Susie

PostPosted:Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:10 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1