graphic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On » Allans girlfriend?
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Sune Post subject: Allans girlfriend?
Banjo

Banjo

Hi folks!

Today i was in Stockholm and i found a recordstore with a lot of bootlegs. Ofcource i asked if they had anything with The Hollies.
They did not have anything at the moment, but sometimes they do, so i must try again sometime.

Anyway before i left the owner of the shop told me he know a Swedish lady who used to date Allan Clarke in the sixties.
PostPosted:Fri Nov 30, 2007 17:26 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Oh, boy, Sune! First, Marianne and now this! Allan certainly got around. Wink Did the owner say anything more about that?

http://thehollies.proboards88.com
PostPosted:Fri Nov 30, 2007 18:19 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
shootthebusstop Post subject: Re: Allans girlfriend?
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Sune wrote:
Hi folks!

Today i was in Stockholm and i found a recordstore with a lot of bootlegs. Ofcource i asked if they had anything with The Hollies.
They did not have anything at the moment, but sometimes they do, so i must try again sometime.

Anyway before i left the owner of the shop told me he know a Swedish lady who used to date Allan Clarke in the sixties.
Gosh ,you could have a world exclusive here Shocked Shocked but I need to know more.What you need to do is go back to the record shop,ask to see the girl,get her drunk,win her trust,get her to tell you everything,tell her you will tell no-one and then..............TELL US Laughing Laughing Laughing .

PostPosted:Fri Nov 30, 2007 19:45 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
katdowl Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I heard a funny rumour a few years ago when I was at a record fair that our allan was dating then got married to Valerie Singleton from Blue Peter! Shocked Shocked
PostPosted:Fri Nov 30, 2007 20:12 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
shootthebusstop Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

katdowl wrote:
I heard a funny rumour a few years ago when I was at a record fair that our allan was dating then got married to Valerie Singleton from Blue Peter! Shocked Shocked
I hope she didn't use too much sticky back plastic on him,OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted:Fri Nov 30, 2007 20:18 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

shootthebusstop wrote:
katdowl wrote:
I hope she didn't use too much sticky back plastic on him,OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

Where do people come up with this stuff? It's such a riot! Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted:Fri Nov 30, 2007 21:18 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Connie Post subject: Re: Allans girlfriend?
Banjo

Banjo

shootthebusstop wrote:
Sune wrote:
Hi folks!

Gosh ,you could have a world exclusive here Shocked Shocked but I need to know more.What you need to do is go back to the record shop,ask to see the girl,get her drunk,win her trust,get her to tell you everything,tell her you will tell no-one and then..............TELL US Laughing Laughing Laughing .

Great minds think alike. I was thinking of using the same strategy on Marianne if I ever run into her. Wink
PostPosted:Fri Nov 30, 2007 21:19 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject: Re: Allans girlfriend?
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Connie wrote:
shootthebusstop wrote:
Sune wrote:
Hi folks!

Great minds think alike. I was thinking of using the same strategy on Marianne if I ever run into her. Wink

Check out Marianne's autobiography, Faithfull. She writes all about the affair in there. I didn't read it, but my friend did. She said that Marianne devotes about three pages to Allan in it. I don't know if she was exaggerating or not. Wink

PostPosted:Fri Nov 30, 2007 21:23 pm

Last edited by Vrinda on Mon Jan 21, 2008 0:22 am; edited 3 times in total
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
katdowl Post subject: Re: Allans girlfriend?
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Vrinda wrote:

Check out Marianne's autobiographt, Faithfull. She writes all about the affair in there. I didn't read it, but my friend did. She said she Marianne devotes about three pages to Allan in it. I don't know if she was exaggerating or not. Wink

I've got that autobiography she does mention him about 3 pages in the book Smile. She talks about how her and two of the hollies (allan and graham) first met on a tour bus when she was on the same bill as them in I think 1964 and mentions how friendly they were no surprise there Wink. There is a conversation between her and allan that is featured in the book which is quite funny Laughing

allan: what are you reading ?
marianne: Pride and prejudice
allan: is that the one with Heathcliff ?
PostPosted:Fri Nov 30, 2007 22:47 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Sune Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

Vrinda wrote:
Oh, boy, Sune! First, Marianne and now this! Allan certainly got around. Wink Did the owner say anything more about that?

No he did not say anything else about it and i live one hour by car south of Stockholm, so it will probably take some time before i go there again.
PostPosted:Fri Nov 30, 2007 23:50 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
shootthebusstop Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Sune wrote:
Vrinda wrote:

No he did not say anything else about it and i live one hour by car south of Stockholm, so it will probably take some time before i go there again.
We'll all help with the petrol money Wink Laughing .

PostPosted:Fri Nov 30, 2007 23:58 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

katdowl wrote:
Vrinda wrote:

Check out Marianne's autobiographt, Faithfull. She writes all about the affair in there. I didn't read it, but my friend did. She said she Marianne devotes about three pages to Allan in it. I don't know if she was exaggerating or not. Wink

I've got that autobiography she does mention him about 3 pages in the book Smile. She talks about how her and two of the hollies (allan and graham) first met on a tour bus when she was on the same bill as them in I think 1964 and mentions how friendly they were no surprise there Wink. There is a conversation between her and allan that is featured in the book which is quite funny Laughing

Poor Allan ,all in a twist about his Brontee's and his Austin's Rolling Eyes .Doesn't matter to me ,he could be my Heathcliff or Mr.Darcy anyday Wink Wink .

PostPosted:Sat Dec 01, 2007 0:02 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject: Re: Allans girlfriend?
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

shootthebusstop wrote:
katdowl wrote:
Vrinda wrote:

Poor Allan ,all in a twist about his Brontee's and his Austin's Rolling Eyes .Doesn't matter to me ,he could be my Heathcliff or Mr.Darcy anyday Wink Wink .

Awww, I wouldn't hold that against him, either. If I hadn't seen the movie with Merle Oberon, I might have gotten the two confused, too! I can definitely picture Allan riding around on the moors, in knee-high boots and a white, poet-sleeved shirt on a powerful stallion. Very Happy

PostPosted:Sat Dec 01, 2007 0:18 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
katdowl Post subject: Re: Allans girlfriend?
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

shootthebusstop wrote:

You could count me in aswell Very Happy

Vrinda wrote:
I can definitely picture Allan riding around on the moors, in knee-high boots and a white, poet-sleeved shirt on a powerful stallion. Very Happy

ooooh that is such a good image you've pictured there Vrinda! *daydreams* Laughing
PostPosted:Sat Dec 01, 2007 16:50 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Vrinda wrote:

Awww, I wouldn't hold that against him, either. If I hadn't seen the movie with Merle Oberon, I might have gotten the two confused, too! I can definitely picture Allan riding around on the moors, in knee-high boots and a white, poet-sleeved shirt on a powerful stallion. Very Happy
Vrinda ,you've been reading my mind again Wink .

PostPosted:Sat Dec 01, 2007 20:11 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next