graphic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music » USA "He Ain't Heavy" album due on Magic
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Gee Post subject: USA "He Ain't Heavy" album due on Magic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I have been told that the USA album "He Ain't Heavy...He's My Brother" is shortly due out on French Magic records....with around Nine Bonus tracks...possibly including Two "Live" songs...."Sorry Suzanne" and the Rare song "Maybe I'll Settle Down" (possibly these date from 1969)

The original USA album replaced "Soldier's Dilemma" with "He Ain't Heavy..." thus the retitle of what essentially is
the late 1969 "Hollies Sing Hollies" UK album (itself previously issued on Magic !)

The Bonus tracks will apparently now include "Soldier's Dilemma", plus songs such as "Cos' You Like To Love Me", "Louisianna Man", "She Looked My Way" etc...
I don't know exactly when this is due out...just very soon (probably within weeks).

One other point...the "Live" version of "Long Coll Woman" on the latest Magic version of "Distant Light" is the 1976 New Zealand track from "Hollies Live Hits"....sung by Allan Clarke.
PostPosted:Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:30 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Thanks for the information, Geoff. Sounds a pretty good release with those bonus tracks.

PostPosted:Sat Nov 24, 2007 14:25 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

This is interesting, as US Epic had re-released the vinyl version many times over the years, but has never issued it on CD.
PostPosted:Sat Nov 24, 2007 20:43 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Tracklist:

THE HOLLIES / He ain't Heavy He's my Brother CD Digipak 22 tracks - cd n° 3930637

racks List : Why didn’t you believe / Don’t give up easily / Look at life / Please sign your letters/My life is over with you / Please let me please / Do you believe in love / He ain’t heavy he’s my brother / You love ‘cos you like it / Reflections of a time long past / Goodbye tomorrow.

Bonus Tracks ‘Cos you like to love me/ Sorry Suzanne/ Not that way at all/ Soldiers Dilemma/Marigold – Gloria Swansong/ Lousianna man/ She looked my way/ Sorry Suzanne Live inédit Unreleased / Setlle Down Live inédit - Unreleased / He ain’t heavy, he’s my brother Live.

with 9 bonus + 2 unreleased tracks.

How much do we bet 'Heavy' is from Live Hits? Rolling Eyes

Still, looks an interesting release, be good to have all this in one disc.

Website says availabe between 5 and 10 Dec.

PostPosted:Fri Dec 07, 2007 16:26 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Magic's releases are rather erratic when it comes to sound quality though. Let's hope it's at least in stereo!
PostPosted:Mon Dec 10, 2007 16:50 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Yes, their first edition of Hollies Sing Hollies was abysmal, the second was better. On that first release, Heavy, Not That Way At All and Sorry Suzanne sounded superb. Bit disappointed that Eleanor's Castle and Sign Of The Times aren't on this disc, would be nice to get everything all in one place.

PostPosted:Mon Dec 10, 2007 17:12 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I've ordered my copy from Amazon UK, should be in the post before Xmas, they write.

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:36 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Knut wrote:
I've ordered my copy from Amazon UK, should be in the post before Xmas, they write.

Me too, just got an email saying they anticipate delivery about 18th. We'll see if that materialises as they have changed the date twice already.

PostPosted:Sat Dec 15, 2007 15:55 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Email from Amazon today stating despatch date changed to at least mid-January Rolling Eyes

PostPosted:Tue Dec 18, 2007 15:22 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Chirpy Post subject: Where can I find....
Banjo

Banjo

Hello all,
Having just read the whole thread above (after months in the wilderness!), it prompted me to ask the question, where can I find the songs that appeared on Rarities on CD or in mp3 format?

I have the Rarities album on tape, but I could do with getting the songs on my mp3 player...

Any ideas please?

Ta,
Chirpy
PostPosted:Thu Dec 20, 2007 15:50 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Bonus Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I got my copy today of the cd today. What a christmas-gift!

I was most interested in the unreleased Maybe I´ll settle down. It´s there in a rather good live-version. (It´s been on the bootleg "In a Spin" before).

But Magic Records hasn´t got it right concerning who´s the composer. It´s Tom Paxton and not M. Settle (funny idea) as it´s said in the liner notes.

Now I´ll listen to the rest! Especially the live-version of Sorry Suzanne, where is it recorded?
If I find out I´ll come back.

Hope You´ll get Your copies soon!
PostPosted:Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:06 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Bonus Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Bonus wrote:
I got my copy today of the cd today. What a christmas-gift!

I was most interested in the unreleased Maybe I´ll settle down. It´s there in a rather good live-version. (It´s been on the bootleg "In a Spin" before).

But Magic Records hasn´t got it right concerning who´s the composer. It´s Tom Paxton and not M. Settle (funny idea) as it´s said in the liner notes.

Now I´ll listen to the rest! Especially the live-version of Sorry Suzanne, where is it recorded?
If I find out I´ll come back.

Hope You´ll get Your copies soon!

Hope it´s ok to quote yourself, cause that´s what I´m doing right now. Back to Hollies and their version of Maybe I´ll settle down.

Today I listened to Peter, Paul and Mary´s version of (Maybe I´ll) Settle down, and the composer is actually named to be Mike Settle on that record. But if You search on the lyrics on the internet the composer is Tom Paxton!

And if You wonder, yes it´s the same song. The Hollies version is not far from Peter, Paul and Mary. But who composed it?? I still think it´s Tom Paxton, but I´m not that sure anylonger. Can Tom Paxton be identical to Mike Settle? Can somebody help me with this "serious matter"?
PostPosted:Fri Feb 08, 2008 21:22 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

On to the serious question - has there been a sonic improvement in this official release as compared to the old bootleg?
PostPosted:Fri Feb 08, 2008 21:29 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Bonus Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

SpartyScott wrote:
On to the serious question - has there been a sonic improvement in this official release as compared to the old bootleg?

Yes, compared to the bootleg that I got (Manchester Express) this is a bit better. But not good enough.. But I suppose it depends on the source where it came from. I´m not too fond of issues where the sound is remixed too much.

But still I wonder, who composed the song??
PostPosted:Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:14 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

[quote="Bonus"]
SpartyScott wrote:
it depends on the source where it came from

Direct from the audio of the Hollies In Concert 1969 performance by the sound of it.

PostPosted:Sat Feb 09, 2008 22:13 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2