graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » My Back Pages » Bravo Photos
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject: Bravo Photos
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I'm going to post photos of the lads from Bravo magazine in a separate thread, since there seem to be lots of them! This photo is from the back cover of the March 11, 1968 issue. I tried removing the scratch marks as best as I could, but I couldn't take all of them out.There is a caption that mentions the Butterfly album. I've retyped it in German below:

"Diese funf sympathischen englischen Beater bereiten uns und sich Kummer. Uns, weil wir noch einige Zeit auf ihre neue Single warten mussen. Sich, weil ihnen kein Song gut genug fur ihre Fans ist. Unser Trost: die Hollies' LP "Butterfly" ist einfach fabelhaft."

If anyone can translate that, I'd appreciate it!

P.S. Check out those outtasite boots, girls! Wink

http://thehollies.proboards88.com
PostPosted:Tue Nov 20, 2007 17:25 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject: Re: Bravo Photos
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Vrinda wrote:
I'm going to post photos of the lads from Bravo magazine in a separate thread, since there seem to be lots of them! This photo is from the back cover of the March 11, 1968 issue. I tried removing the scratch marks as best as I could, but I couldn't take all of them out.There is a caption that mentions the Butterfly album. I've retyped it in German below:

"Diese funf sympathischen englischen Beater bereiten uns und sich Kummer. Uns, weil wir noch einige Zeit auf ihre neue Single warten mussen. Sich, weil ihnen kein Song gut genug fur ihre Fans ist. Unser Trost: die Hollies' LP "Butterfly" ist einfach fabelhaft."

If anyone can translate that, I'd appreciate it!

P.S. Check out those outtasite boots, girls! Wink

The FABulous Hollies!

This magazine is known for its great photo layouts. They printed some wonderful shots of the Rickfors lineup, too.
PostPosted:Tue Nov 20, 2007 18:25 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
shootthebusstop Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

This is so fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!The Hollies in technicolour, WOW.My eyes are just recovering Shocked ,shades at the ready!Bernie looks class in this pic,so suave Cool .I'm developing a real soft spot for this guy Wink .But don't worry Allan"I'll be True To You"always!Our Mr.Clarke looks like a stick of rock in this colourful outfit.And NO I'm NOT going to make some sordid comment about licking him Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes !Seriously his smile here would brighten up the darkest days of winter.It is so beautiful Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy .The rest of the guys just look so happy and together here .Tony is wearing my fav shirt,that lovely stripey one,and Graham has more fringes that a whole hairdressing salon!!!!!!!!!!Thanks Queenie ,you have surpassed yourself here Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy .

PostPosted:Tue Nov 20, 2007 18:43 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
katdowl Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Wow I love this pic Very Happy Allan looks gorgeous as always with his smile and his cuban heels Wink he does seem to be leaning on graham in this pic Razz I really like Tonys look too with his stripey shirt he looks as if he is about to burst out laughing Laughing Thanks Vrinda looking forward to the other treasures you've got from this mag Very Happy
PostPosted:Tue Nov 20, 2007 20:42 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Thanks Vrinda,
You are a real gem, what a cool looking bunch of lads.

PostPosted:Tue Nov 20, 2007 20:50 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Thanks for the compliments, everyone! Very Happy

I just translated the above paragraph. It reads:

"These five likeable English beaters prepare us and themselves for some grief. It is because there will still be some time to wait for their new single. To them no song isn't good enough for their fans. Our consolation: the Hollies' LP "Butterfly" is simply fabulous."

I hope I got that right!

PostPosted:Tue Nov 20, 2007 21:07 pm

Last edited by Vrinda on Tue Nov 20, 2007 22:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Bloomin' 'eck, was fake tan invented in '68? Laughing Shocked Shocked

PostPosted:Tue Nov 20, 2007 21:29 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

shootthebusstop wrote:
This is so fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!The Hollies in technicolour, WOW.My eyes are just recovering Shocked ,shades at the ready!Bernie looks class in this pic,so suave Cool .I'm developing a real soft spot for this guy Wink .But don't worry Allan"I'll be True To You"always!Our Mr.Clarke looks like a stick of rock in this colourful outfit.And NO I'm NOT going to make some sordid comment about licking him Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes !Seriously his smile here would brighten up the darkest days of winter.It is so beautiful Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy .The rest of the guys just look so happy and together here .Tony is wearing my fav shirt,that lovely stripey one,and Graham has more fringes that a whole hairdressing salon!!!!!!!!!!Thanks Queenie ,you have surpassed yourself here Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy .

You're welcome, hon! Very Happy It's always fun to find and post new pictures of our favorite guys! I've seen Allan wear that same rainbow-striped shirt on the cover of a German-issued EP. I'll see if I can find the photo somewhere. Wink You're right, Bernie is so stylish in this one, and I also love Tony's striped shirt. He's probably trying to keep a straight face because the photographer said something rip-roaringly hilarious! Laughing Let's not forget Bobby, handsome as always with that purple shirt and trademark black hat! Very Happy

katdowl wrote:
Wow I love this pic Very Happy Allan looks gorgeous as always with his smile and his cuban heels Wink he does seem to be leaning on graham in this pic Razz I really like Tonys look too with his stripey shirt he looks as if he is about to burst out laughing Laughing Thanks Vrinda looking forward to the other treasures you've got from this mag Very Happy

I love the way Allan leans on Graham in this pic. You can plainly see how close they were. I'm so jealous of Graham, as you can see! Very Happy Stick around. There's more to come! Wink

To Anthony: Thanks so much! You're so sweet! Very Happy

To James: Fake tan must have been around by then, because how can you explain Bernie, Bobby, and Tony's beach baby look? Laughing

PostPosted:Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:19 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
snowflake Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Another gorgeous photo! With the tan and the ruffled shirt, Bernie looks like he's ready to compete on "Dancing with the Stars" Smile

PostPosted:Wed Nov 21, 2007 21:08 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

snowflake wrote:
Another gorgeous photo! With the tan and the ruffled shirt, Bernie looks like he's ready to compete on "Dancing with the Stars" Smile

I'll gladly dance with him! Then again, I'll have to wait my turn! Very Happy

PostPosted:Wed Nov 21, 2007 21:58 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Vrinda wrote:
snowflake wrote:

Wouldn't mind a bit of Cha,cha,cha!with those guys Wink .Move over Marie Osmond Laughing .

PostPosted:Wed Nov 21, 2007 22:15 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

shootthebusstop wrote:
Vrinda wrote:
snowflake wrote:

Wouldn't mind a bit of Cha,cha,cha!with those guys Wink .Move over Marie Osmond Laughing .

I'm not much of a dancer, but I'll brave it just to dance with these guys! Very Happy

PostPosted:Mon Nov 26, 2007 15:13 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Thankyou Vrinda for another great photo - it's one of the best pictures I've seen of the guys. They all look great and look like they were having a good time together. Love Bernie's puffed up shirt which real suits him.

Best Wishes

Susie

PostPosted:Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:50 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

It's all in day's work, Susie! Like I've said before, I love finding and sharing these photos with all of you! I wonder if the lads ever kept scrapbooks of these photos!

PostPosted:Wed Nov 28, 2007 16:56 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Vrinda wrote:
It's all in day's work, Susie! Like I've said before, I love finding and sharing these photos with all of you! I wonder if the lads ever kept scrapbooks of these photos!
I hope Bobby gets a good laugh when he looks at these photos.I'm sure a lot of these photos come as a surprise and a laugh to him as a lot of them were taken such a long time ago and have only come to light recently because of your good self,Vrinda Very Happy Very Happy .Keep up the good work,Queenie!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted:Wed Nov 28, 2007 17:07 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » My Back Pages
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next