graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band » Graham Nash - 'Reflection' Box Set Due Feb 2008
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject: Graham Nash - 'Reflection' Box Set Due Feb 2008
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

65-songs, including unreleased...

http://uk.reuters.com/article/musicNews/idUKN0131158320071003

PostPosted:Mon Nov 19, 2007 17:16 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
shootthebusstop Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Allan join him,join him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted:Mon Nov 19, 2007 18:24 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Yes, Allan! Break into the archives and get going!

http://thehollies.proboards88.com
PostPosted:Mon Nov 19, 2007 18:34 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I'm guessing that none of the unreleased stuff will be Hollies material.

And the Hollies songs are likely to be his lead vocals - so I'm guessing we'll get "To You My Love" "FiFi The Flea" "I've Got A Way Of My Own" "Clown" "Tell Me To My Face" "On A Carousel""Away Away Away (always one of my personal favorites) "Post Card" and "Butterfly.

Let's hope he does NOT include"Lullabye To Tim," unless he can produce a mix without the weird effect on the vocals (which pretty much ruined the song).

But my goodness, an unrelased Hollies song - if it's the full band and not a Nash-only demo - would cause me to buy the whole box set.
PostPosted:Mon Nov 19, 2007 20:18 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
shootthebusstop Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

SpartyScott wrote:

Let's hope he does NOT include"Lullabye To Tim," unless he can produce a mix without the weird effect on the vocals (which pretty much ruined the song).

But my goodness, an unrelased Hollies song - if it's the full band and not a Nash-only demo - would cause me to buy the whole box set.
Wouldn't it be fantastic if they'd release Lullabye to Tim without the weird vocals as it's such a beautiful song.Surely they could strip off the special effects and play it "as nature intended Rolling Eyes !

PostPosted:Mon Nov 19, 2007 21:53 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

SpartyScott wrote:
I'm guessing that none of the unreleased stuff will be Hollies material.

And the Hollies songs are likely to be his lead vocals - so I'm guessing we'll get "To You My Love" "FiFi The Flea" "I've Got A Way Of My Own" "Clown" "Tell Me To My Face" "On A Carousel""Away Away Away (always one of my personal favorites) "Post Card" and "Butterfly.

That's exactly why I hate box sets; they are designed to force the fan to purchase the over-priced, weighty fruitcake for a handful (if you're lucky) of rare tracks. Boo hiss!
PostPosted:Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:09 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

No one forces you to buy anything, Dennis. It is a free world (at least in some countries). I am going to buy Graham's box set anyway. If there is something new on it, the better it is. However, I stayed clear of Davis Crosby's box, even though it received rave reviews. I listened to it and was not impressed. Had it been a Hollies collection with anything new, then we are talking....

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Tue Nov 20, 2007 21:52 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Knut wrote:
No one forces you to buy anything, Dennis. It is a free world (at least in some countries). I am going to buy Graham's box set anyway. If there is something new on it, the better it is. However, I stayed clear of Davis Crosby's box, even though it received rave reviews. I listened to it and was not impressed. Had it been a Hollies collection with anything new, then we are talking....

When you are a fan of a particular artist, even one rare track is of interest. So a box set is tempting even though it is not an ideal purchase. Box sets are cumbersome coffee-table items that are pretentious and in most cases unnecessary. But the record companies make bigger profits with these things, so naturally they are continuing to push them onto the consumer. I object.
PostPosted:Tue Nov 20, 2007 23:16 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Martin Dodd Post subject: Re: Graham Nash - 'Reflection' Box Set Due Feb 2008
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Wow...Wont this be well kewl,even better if he toured the concept. Imagine that a concert with Graham singing songs from every stage of his career.

Martin Smile

James Towill wrote:
65-songs, including unreleased...

http://uk.reuters.com/article/musicNews/idUKN0131158320071003
PostPosted:Sat Nov 24, 2007 23:47 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I really like the concert idea Martin, my favourite Graham Nash Solo number is "Lost Another One" would love to hear that one in the show.

PostPosted:Sun Nov 25, 2007 13:06 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1