graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road » 2008 Dates
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
paulgillingham Post subject: 2008 Dates

I have received early edition of Warners Leisure Hotels brochure for 2008. The Hollies are due to appear at Nidd Hall on 23rd May and Gunton Hall [nr Lowestoft] on 22nd August. Both of these dates are bank holiday weekends. I was at Littlecote House in May and the show was as usual great. So if a bank holiday weekend away is something anyone likes the sound of either or both of these dates are highly recommended. Hope this info is useful.

Regards to all from Paul
PostPosted:Sun Nov 04, 2007 14:17 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Bonus Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

We´re still waiting for the tourdates!! Can we go to Croydon again? Or RAH, or Richmond, or.. ? Please give us the tourdates!
PostPosted:Fri Dec 21, 2007 20:28 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

There is also an oldies show in Germany, with Hollies, Searchers, etc. the same weekend that I see Zombies and Neil Young in London (7. March). Anyone going?

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Sat Dec 22, 2007 15:00 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Bonus Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

The tourlist is still scaring empty. I cross my fingers that this is not the end of the long road home.
PostPosted:Mon Jan 28, 2008 15:18 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
loenen16 Post subject: out on the road
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

And there they are on a saturdaynight the 26 of januari in Emmen Holland near Germany
to put out a tremendous show well balanced, supurb in everything ,standing ovations with people shouting for more and more and more from the Hollies they could'nt get enough from that real impresive ,
massive show
for wich made a big impression to people over here ,most people know the hollies but never seen them alive so it was a big hit off a show to see them .
for me i enjoyd every note every hit ore track they play untill bobby s words" good night and God bless"
bernard
PostPosted:Mon Jan 28, 2008 22:16 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Volker Post subject:

I Can not understand.

THE HOLLIES was also in Germany from 1963-today a Topct and the Cosequence is that we play every year by Oldiefestivals with the Half Set.

Please,Dear HOLLIES and this Management,present the Fans in Germany a "normal Tour" with the Full Set.

The Fans was waiting.

Volker.

PostPosted:Tue Jan 29, 2008 14:28 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

I am expecting an announcement in the next few days about the next UK tour, which I beleive will be next year, and when I have it you can be assured you will all be the first to know about it as it will be posted on here first.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Mon Feb 11, 2008 22:27 pm

Last edited by hollies on Wed Feb 13, 2008 16:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Bonus Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

hollies wrote:
I am expecting an announcement in the next few days about the next UK tour, which I beleive will be next year, and when I have it you can be assured you will all be the first to know about it as it will be posted on here first.

Thanks Rob! Good to hear that´s there´s something in the pipeline!
PostPosted:Wed Feb 13, 2008 15:20 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
benny-b-goode Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Forget it, Volker.
I am a German Hollies fan and I am waiting for a full set Hollies concert in Germany since they started playing with Carl Wayne. it never came to be true. I had to travel to London to see their full set list live in 2002 with Carl Wayne and in 2005 with Peter Howarth at Albert Hall. (I am not sure about the years anymore. Hope they are correct. But the memories are very much alive Very Happy ).
I have given up hope for a Hollies only concert in Germany.
PostPosted:Sun Feb 17, 2008 14:21 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Volker Post subject:

That was a Shame,but the Hope died at last !

PostPosted:Mon Feb 18, 2008 13:42 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

That is very good news, Rob!

I guess I will take a year off Hollies shows in 2008, and save my money for 2009. Could we possibly have another show in the Royal Albert Hall, please? Or if that does not fit in, how about London Palladium? I saw Searchers/Merseybeats/Wayne Fontana/John Walker there after the Hollies in Nottingham show, and that was a great venue.

This year I wil have to put up with Albert Lee, Zombies, Neil Young, Posies, Robert Plant/Alison Krauss, Dave Edmunds, Status Quo, maybe Donovan (Denmark). Eagles would have been nice, but they only plays Sweden this time. Hopefully Rickfors will give more shows this year, as I have written elsewhere on this site, but I am not sure I can make it to Stockholm in April.

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:18 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Could a year off signal some recording work Question

PostPosted:Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:20 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
John Truman Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

James Towill wrote:
Could a year off signal some recording work Question

I think there was another thread somewhere where Tony was on Capital Gold radio last month when he indicated that the band could be going back in the studio later in the year.

PostPosted:Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:48 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Bobby also answered positively to a question about a possible CD album this year. You can read this in an interview he made for the magazine NorwayRock. (In Norwegian, I am afraid). Translated the part of the interview goes like this:

Your last album, Staying power (2006) is very well produced and includes many good songs. Are there any plans for a follow-up release?

Bobby: Yes, we have several very good songs in the can, and we hope to begin studio work during 2008.

PostPosted:Wed Feb 27, 2008 20:47 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Carrie Anne Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

So The Hollies could be doing a possible live album at Abbey Road and starting work on a new studio album this year.This is fantastic news and i am also off to Stuttgart in March for the two dates that they are doing there for the oldies night.Booked it tonight and i am dead excited.Thanks for the info Knut...Carrie Anne.
PostPosted:Wed Feb 27, 2008 23:56 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1