graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation » HELP!
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
shootthebusstop Post subject: HELP!
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

HELP!will be aired on BBC2 on Sat 27 Oct.The first time it's been on British TV for 12 years.There was a documentary on last night about the making of it .I didn't see it as it was on at about 12 midnight.I'll be repeated on Fri night.A DVD of the new digitally restored film , with extra scene ,will be released on 5 Nov. Very Happy .

PostPosted:Thu Oct 25, 2007 18:05 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I'll be looking forward to the DVD early next month, I watched A Hard Days Night Yesterday and enjoyed every minute.

PostPosted:Thu Oct 25, 2007 22:43 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Quote:
I'll be looking forward to the DVD early next month, I watched A Hard Days Night Yesterday and enjoyed every minute.

A Hard Day's Night is one of my all-time favorite movies. I never get tired of watching it! Very Happy
PostPosted:Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:05 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Gee Post subject: ...And Now These Days Are Gone...."
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I enjoyed the BBC show on The Making of "Help !".....nice to see Eleanor Bron, she looked well.
PostPosted:Fri Oct 26, 2007 15:24 pm

Last edited by Gee on Sun May 23, 2010 10:39 am; edited 2 times in total
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
shootthebusstop Post subject: Re: ...And Now These Days Are Gone...."
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

[quote="Geoff coles

Originally it was going to be called "Eight Arms To Hold You"....until John popped up with the title song....a number he could never seem to remember his own lyrics to - Listen to him go hoplessly wrong on it on the "Live" version on TV at the
"Blackpool Night Out" on 1 August 1965...now included on the "Anthology" album....which is tricky as Paul/George are singing "counter vocals" behind John....and they duly get it right !.....ah well.]I was at a K T Tunstall concert at the weekend and she forgot some of her own lyrics .It does happen Wink .(She was amazing by the way).I have a very sentimental spot for Help because whilst watching You've gotta hide your Love away I fell in love with John and the other chaps.I was 8 yrs old,and cute (then,ah!) Laughing Laughing .

PostPosted:Sun Oct 28, 2007 19:45 pm

Last edited by shootthebusstop on Mon Oct 29, 2007 18:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Gee Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Very True - They are ONLY Human after all !
PostPosted:Sun Oct 28, 2007 20:48 pm

Last edited by Gee on Sun May 23, 2010 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
shootthebusstop Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Geoff , indeed I have a tendency to see Clarkie as a god but I know he and the others are just human.It just makes us love them all the more Smile Smile .

PostPosted:Sun Oct 28, 2007 21:25 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Got my copy of Help yesterday, really love the bonus disc, Help has been restored to it's former glory, the colour is brilliant. Great interview with Richard Lester as well as cast and crew members.
Help is my favourite Beatles song. The Beatles had a real magic to them, no other group came close well maybe the Hollies.

PostPosted:Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:55 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Lennon had said that during the filming of "A Hard Day's Night" the boys were drinking whiskey (also my drink in my 20s) and "Help!" was filmed while the boys were smoking pot a lot.
PostPosted:Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:38 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I am watching the new Help dvd as we speak and I'm afraid myself and my daughter are screaming at the screen!!!!!!!!!!The picture restoration is superb,the colours and clarity both amazing. All's well until you listen to the Beatles singing.The music is great,crystal clear, but the vocals on the other hand are appalling Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad .What bright spark thought that we would love to hear the Beatles singing as if they were trapped in a tin dustbin?That's precisely what they sound like.The vocals are both echoy and distant.I'm absolutely appalled.I can't believe that all this time and effort,money and expertise Rolling Eyes was spent and what have they done?Totally mucked it up Mad Mad .I'm going to go back to my old and trusted video version.At least the fellas sound like the Beatles on it.( By the way in one scene, when they are asking Ringo to give himself up, they say they know a good drummer in Manchester,a good looking fella!Does that sound like anyone we know?).

PostPosted:Thu Nov 22, 2007 14:50 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
katdowl Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

shootthebusstop wrote:
I am watching the new Help dvd as we speak and I'm afraid myself and my daughter are screaming at the screen!!!!!!!!!!The picture restoration is superb,the colours and clarity both amazing. All's well until you listen to the Beatles singing.The music is great,crystal clear, but the vocals on the other hand are appalling Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad .What bright spark thought that we would love to hear the Beatles singing as if they were trapped in a tin dustbin?That's precisely what they sound like.The vocals are both echoy and distant.I'm absolutely appalled.I can't believe that all this time and effort,money and expertise Rolling Eyes was spent and what have they done?Totally mucked it up Mad Mad .I'm going to go back to my old and trusted video version.At least the fellas sound like the Beatles on it.

( By the way in one scene, when they are asking Ringo to give himself up, they say they know a good drummer in Manchester,a good looking fella!Does that sound like anyone we know?).

err Don Rathbone Laughing Seriously I love help I recorded it when it was shown on BBC2 recently and the music sounded just fine. I was thinking of getting the dvd but now I'm not so sure I just really like their wit in this movie you can tell how much fun they were having at this time. I love them all during this time particularly my fave george Smile and also the help soundtrack Cool
PostPosted:Thu Nov 22, 2007 16:06 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I love Help too and that's why I'm so disappointed with the mixes in the songs.As I said the restoration is great and the colours are fabulous but that soundtrack is galling Mad Mad .There is no balance between the music and those tinny,muffled vocals.The Beatles and their fans deserve better than this Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad .

PostPosted:Thu Nov 22, 2007 18:55 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1