graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Reflections Of A Time Long Past » Hollies Live Hits-Re released 26/7/07 on Magic
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Carrie Anne Post subject: Hollies Live Hits-Re released 26/7/07 on Magic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I received this album from Amazon yesterday and have not stopped playing it,which prompted me to do a review.This was recorded in Christchurch New Zealand on their 1976 tour.

I Cant Let Go-Cracking start,stomping drums,Alan Clarke in top form vocally,harmonies superb and Terry Sylvester sounds like Graham Nash on the high bit.

Just One Look-A Doris Troy penned song.Performed wonderfully in the traditional Hollies style.

I Cant Tell The Bottom From The Top-Bit of cheeky banter from Allan that really pleased the ladies.Brilliant piano,harmonies emotionally charged,strong performance from Allan.

Bus Stop-Great guitar from Tony

Another Night-Vocals are incredible,sexy guitar from Tony,Pete wingfield plays a blinder.

Sandy-Exquisite performance of the Springsteen classic.The lead vocals and harmonies are breathtaking.

Stars-From Write On-This song is performed with that feelgood factor,infectious synth from Pete.

My Island-Also from Write On-This song is delivered in a quality manner,great sound,transports you to sultry climates.

I'm Down-From Another Night-Beautiful performance,the boys sound like a chorus of angels.

Stop,Stop,Stop-Slight variation on the banjo which is played in a frenzied,exciting way.

Long Cool Woman-"Anyone like rock and roll"Tony Hicks asks the audience,crys of yeah ring out.Then we hear the unmistakeable sound of Allan Clarke on fender telecaster-great gutsy echo chamber sound-pure rock and roll.

Carrie Anne-Lovely harmonies,Tony Hicks giggles on his verse something had definately ticked him-just love it-wonderful song.

Air That I Breathe-The band are so together on this classic,guitar mindblowing,pure gold.

Too Young To Be Married-Emotional flemenco guitar from Tony(just how many fingers has this man got).This song gives me goose pimples-Alan sings it to perfection -atmosphere electic,the crowd love it and Tony gets a huge round of applause for incredible musicianship.

He Aint Heavy-Alan sings his heart out-harmonies sheer perfection,great piano.

Bonus Tracks

Blowin In The Wind-Great version of the Dylan classic with Tony adding rock and roll guitar.

Write On-Very gospel sounding,Allan a heartfelt performance.

Daddy Dont Mind-Gritty guitar sound,pure electric.

He Aint Heavy/Air That I Breathe-Absolutely Fabulous.

Great atmosphere on this live album,brilliant sound,everything about it i loved-pure brilliance.I have to give it a well deserved 11/10.
PostPosted:Sun Mar 02, 2008 19:04 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Bee Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

Carrie Anne, thank you for posting this!! I'm still waiting for my copy of Live Hits, and now I can't wait!! Very Happy
PostPosted:Tue Mar 04, 2008 0:30 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Carrie Anne Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Your Welcome Bee,you will not be disappointed-Its GREAT!
PostPosted:Wed Mar 05, 2008 17:51 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Reflections Of A Time Long Past
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1