graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation » My employer is having a disco night fundraiser
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject: My employer is having a disco night fundraiser
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

The non-profit performing arts organization where I work is having a fund-raiser evening which features auctions of various items. The entertainment is being provided by a d.j., and the theme of the evening is disco music.

To that end, I have written the d.j. an e-mail and told him that I have several obscure (to American audiences, at least) 70's songs by the Hollies that might be appropriate dance music for the evening.

When he comes into the building, I plan to let him hear the following:

Wiggle The Wotsit
48 Hour Parole
Lady of the Night
Russian Roulette
Draggin' My Heels
Daddy Don't Mind
Long Cool Woman (disco remix)
Draggin' My Heels (extended disco version)

And while Baby Come Back is certainly good dance music, because if was made about ten years after disco had died, I'm not including it.

If any of this music actually makes it onto the guy's playlist, I'll provide a followup post. However, since I won't be attending the event myself (we aren't giving tickets away, of course, since this is a charity fundraiser), I will not be able to tell how any such songs may be received by the attendees.
PostPosted:Mon Feb 18, 2008 14:56 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
benny-b-goode Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Yep, good to have a Hollies disco album called "Russian Roulette". It's full of great disco material with more power than any Bee Gees disco song. Wonderful idea!!!
It's interesting to see that there exists a disco remix of "Long Cool Woman". I didn't know that. How is it compared to the 1971 original ?
"Another Night" would also be a fine disco Hollies track, wouldn't it ? And I also like "Caracas" from the "Crazy Steal" album.
PostPosted:Mon Feb 18, 2008 17:01 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

benny-b-goode wrote:
Yep, good to have a Hollies disco album called "Russian Roulette". It's full of great disco material with more power than any Bee Gees disco song. Wonderful idea!!!
It's interesting to see that there exists a disco remix of "Long Cool Woman". I didn't know that. How is it compared to the 1971 original ?

You would have to hear it to believe it. Words fail me when I try to describe this track.
PostPosted:Mon Feb 18, 2008 18:54 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject: Re: My employer is having a disco night fundraiser
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

SpartyScott wrote:
The non-profit performing arts organization where I work is having a fund-raiser evening which features auctions of various items. The entertainment is being provided by a d.j., and the theme of the evening is disco music.

To that end, I have written the d.j. an e-mail and told him that I have several obscure (to American audiences, at least) 70's songs by the Hollies that might be appropriate dance music for the evening.

When he comes into the building, I plan to let him hear the following:

Wiggle The Wotsit
48 Hour Parole
Lady of the Night
Russian Roulette
Draggin' My Heels
Daddy Don't Mind
Long Cool Woman (disco remix)
Draggin' My Heels (extended disco version)

And while Baby Come Back is certainly good dance music, because if was made about ten years after disco had died, I'm not including it.

If any of this music actually makes it onto the guy's playlist, I'll provide a followup post. However, since I won't be attending the event myself (we aren't giving tickets away, of course, since this is a charity fundraiser), I will not be able to tell how any such songs may be received by the attendees.

"Draggin' My Heels" at the very least should be given a slot on the playlist. That one actually got some exposure in the clubs back in '77.
PostPosted:Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:23 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1