graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation » DC5 Inducted to Rock & Roll Hall of Fame
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject: DC5 Inducted to Rock & Roll Hall of Fame
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

The DC5 have been inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, Oh. Now, although I like many DC5 songs, I honestly felt the Hollies would get in before them. If anything comes from this perhaps it might be that the R&R HOF selection commitee might have a closer look at the Hollies. As a footnote, I've heard rumors that Mike Smith may attend the induction ceremony. If the DC5 are in can the Hollies be that far behind ...what do you think?

The 2008 performer inductees are:

Leonard Cohen
The Dave Clark Five
Madonna
John Mellencamp
The Ventures
PostPosted:Fri Dec 14, 2007 20:10 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
shootthebusstop Post subject: Re: DC5 Inducted to Rock & Roll Hall of Fame
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

holliesfan wrote:
The DC5 have been inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, Oh. Now, although I like many DC5 songs, I honestly felt the Hollies would get in before them. If anything comes from this perhaps it might be that the R&R HOF selection commitee might have a closer look at the Hollies. As a footnote, I've heard rumors that Mike Smith may attend the induction ceremony. If the DC5 are in can the Hollies be that far behind ...what do you think?

Leonard Cohen
The Dave Clark Five
Madonna
John Mellencamp
The Ventures
I too like the DC5,but the Hollies are simply on another level.Surely if the DC5 can do it, so can our lads Rolling Eyes .

PostPosted:Mon Dec 17, 2007 17:28 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
katdowl Post subject: Re: DC5 Inducted to Rock & Roll Hall of Fame
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

shootthebusstop wrote:
holliesfan wrote:

Leonard Cohen
The Dave Clark Five
Madonna
John Mellencamp
The Ventures
I too like the DC5,but the Hollies are simply on another level.Surely if the DC5 can do it, so can our lads Rolling Eyes .

Thats exactly what I thought the DC5 are way below the hollies in my estimation I can't understand why every year the hollies don't get a look in Crying or Very sad
PostPosted:Mon Dec 17, 2007 20:29 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject: Re: DC5 Inducted to Rock & Roll Hall of Fame
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

katdowl wrote:
shootthebusstop wrote:
holliesfan wrote:

Leonard Cohen
The Dave Clark Five
Madonna
John Mellencamp
The Ventures

Thats exactly what I thought the DC5 are way below the hollies in my estimation I can't understand why every year the hollies don't get a look in Crying or Very sad

Madonna...rock and roll? She is not rock and roll by any stretch of the imagination. Her so-called music does not wear well with age. Even she can't stand her old music; when her kids play it she turns it off. Laughing

The Dave Clark Five had about a dozen hits in quick succession and then fell off the radar once The Monkees took their fans away. No hits after 1967 (in the US anyway) and no LPs worth remembering. The Hollies had hits in the 1960s, 70s, and 80s, and made a number of excellent LPs. Next we'll get Gerry and The Pacemakers and no Hollies. I give up on this Hall of Fame thing. I think it's a sham.
PostPosted:Tue Dec 18, 2007 18:57 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

As far as chart success goes, the DC5 were pretty comparable to the Hollies while they were contemporaries. Perhaps DC5 sold a few more records in the States, and the Hollies sold more in the UK.

But after the DC5 dropped off the face of the Earth, the Hollies kept churning out popular music. you have the last year or so with Graham, then you have Terry's more popular years from 69-74 when the Hollies had what might be their three best worldwide sellers ever, and then you get into the whole longevity thing.

If Dave Clark is in, there's just no excuse whatsoever for the Hollies not being enshrined.

I defy anyone from the Hall of Fame to explain this one.
PostPosted:Wed Dec 19, 2007 14:15 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi all,,
I'm pleased that DC5 made it to the Hall of Fame, they had some great hits and I believe had their own movie also, pity the Hollies never made a movie too.
I don't think it's who gets in is the issue, it's who misses out. Just the The Hollies hits "The Air That I Breathe", LCW & He Ain't Heavy should have seen the lads make it, then we had all their 60's hit's.
Oh well maybe next year!

PostPosted:Wed Dec 19, 2007 20:29 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1