graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music » Hey Willy on Heartbeat.
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject: Hey Willy on Heartbeat.
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi All Exclamation

Last night the new season of Heartbeat began and it must be set it the 70's now (it was set in the 60's) because it was on for about 2 seconds when Hey Willy (from 1971) came on and about half the song played before they stopped it. Very Happy It always makes me feel good and puts a smile on my face whenever I hear a Hollies song on T.V. or the radio. Smile I love watching Heartbeat because it isn't only a good show police show, they also play great misic from the best era - the 60's/70's. Very Happy

Susie

PostPosted:Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:42 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
shootthebusstop Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Apparently Heartbeat is now stuck permanently in 1969,so I don't know why Hey Willy was playing Rolling Eyes .I suspose cos it's a Hollies song it was just too good not to include Cool .Maybe they were having a psychic moment.It's always brill to hear Hollies songs out of the blue,isn't it?

PostPosted:Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:20 pm

Last edited by shootthebusstop on Sun Dec 09, 2007 15:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
John Truman Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I've been a fan of Heartbeat since it first appeared on TV - mainly because of the great music from the sixties.

A year or so ago, one Heatbeat episode included The Air That I Breathe which, as we all know, is from 1974!

I do recall another episode from a few years back including not one but two Hollies songs - On A Carousel and Look Through Any Window from memory.

PostPosted:Sun Dec 09, 2007 13:07 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
shootthebusstop Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Through my bleary eyes this morning at 07:25 I saw the Heartbeat No.1's album advertized and lo and behold our lads singing "I'm Alive".It woke me up nicely Very Happy .Wouldn't mind waking up to Allan and the Hollies every morning (sorry hubby Rolling Eyes ).

PostPosted:Mon Dec 10, 2007 14:28 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Maybe sometime I can get an explanation of what precisely "Heartbeat" actually is!!!
PostPosted:Mon Dec 10, 2007 15:23 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Heartbeat is a British police drama set in a town called Aidensfield in the 1960s. It features sixties music as its soundtrack. Here's ITV's page for it: http://www.itv.com/Drama/family/heartbeat/default.html There's even a link to the page on the soundtrack at the bottom.

http://thehollies.proboards88.com
PostPosted:Mon Dec 10, 2007 15:41 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

That sounds interesting. Can I assume that most scenes are shot indoors, so that they don't have to come up with hundreds of 1960's automobiles?

It's funny that they'd play songs recorded after the time setting of the series. You'd think that they'd check on little things like music release dates before including a song.

There was a silly comedy here in the US called "That 70's Show." It was just an abomination, and the less said about it the better.
PostPosted:Mon Dec 10, 2007 18:03 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

SpartyScott wrote:
That sounds interesting. Can I assume that most scenes are shot indoors, so that they don't have to come up with hundreds of 1960's automobiles?

It's funny that they'd play songs recorded after the time setting of the series. You'd think that they'd check on little things like music release dates before including a song.

There was a silly comedy here in the US called "That 70's Show." It was just an abomination, and the less said about it the better.

Yes, researching ahead of time never hurts. And about "That '70s Show"? Whomever decided to keep it on the air for 8 years needs should be put in a straight jacket and in a padded room. Laughing

http://thehollies.proboards88.com
PostPosted:Mon Dec 10, 2007 18:20 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Vrinda wrote:
SpartyScott wrote:

Yes, researching ahead of time never hurts. And about "That '70s Show"? Whomever decided to keep it on the air for 8 years needs should be put in a straight jacket and in a padded room. Laughing

Hi Spartyscott Exclamation

No not all scenes Heartbeat indoors shot indoors, they do actually go outside and chase the bad guys and all that, and they drive these funny little cars that the tall people can just fit into.. In the beginning it was set in the 60's but Heartbeat has been going for about 10 years now so I nuturally thought they must be in the 70's now because I have heard a few 70's songs on the show not only be The Hollies but other artists too.

And Vrinda, I too can't work out how That 70's Show could last 8 years, I've watched a couple of episodes and in my opinion, it's one of the most stupid shows ever made.

Susie

PostPosted:Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:02 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

SpartyScott wrote:

Yes, "That 70s Show" was truly awful; not funny in the least. It had nothing to do with the 70s at all as far as I'm concerned. Just about everybody on it was obnoxious and/or rude. The best thing about it was the theme song, which was originally recorded in 1972 by cult legends Big Star.
PostPosted:Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:01 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1