The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation » Judge John Deed
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject: Judge John Deed
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi all,
Been watching an English show called Judge John Deed, when the Judge was pulled over for driving too fast, he had I'm alive playng in the car at the time, the Police Officer mentioned The Hollies and a classic 1976 Hollies concert, John Deeds said he was also there but thought the officer was too young to remember, it was a nice little Hollies moment, one that made me sit up and take notice.

PostPosted:Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:58 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
shootthebusstop Post subject: Re: Judge John Deed
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Anthony wrote:
Hi all,
Been watching an English show called Judge John Deed, when the Judge was pulled over for driving too fast, he had I'm alive playng in the car at the time, the Police Officer mentioned The Hollies and a classic 1976 Hollies concert, John Deeds said he was also there but thought the officer was too young to remember, it was a nice little Hollies moment, one that made me sit up and take notice.
I'm sorry I missed this one ,I usually watch it when it's on TV.Thanks for that little Hollies moment.They make the old heart beat a little bit faster ,don't they? Very Happy

PostPosted:Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:38 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
malco Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

I ,too watched the Judge John Deed show and was pleasantly surprised to hear the song and the dialogue about the Hollies. A class show and a class song.
PostPosted:Wed Nov 14, 2007 23:45 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

It was a great Hollies moment, I have heard Hollies songs in TV shows before but this is the first time I have ever heard the band mentioned. The heart did beat faster and it's a great show, a must see.

PostPosted:Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:42 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
marko661 Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

I was watching a repeat of Dalziel and Pascoe (a police drama) on UK Drama last night and the Hollies were mentioned.

Dalziel had arrived at a murder and he recognised and old colleague: Jenny (something), who he obviously fancied from the 60's; he turned to the much younger Pascoe and said: " that's Jenny, we used to call her Jennifer Eccles after the Hollies song" Pascoe looked at him, as if to say: who are the Hollies.

Quite a funny moment I thought
PostPosted:Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:34 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
shootthebusstop Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

marko661 wrote:
I was watching a repeat of Dalziel and Pascoe (a police drama) on UK Drama last night and the Hollies were mentioned.

Dalziel had arrived at a murder and he recognised and old colleague: Jenny (something), who he obviously fancied from the 60's; he turned to the much younger Pascoe and said: " that's Jenny, we used to call her Jennifer Eccles after the Hollies song" Pascoe looked at him, as if to say: who are the Hollies.

AH! the youngsters of today Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes .

PostPosted:Fri Nov 16, 2007 14:04 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

shootthebusstop wrote:
marko661 wrote:

Pascoe would have to have been in his thirties anyway, and would probably have heard of the Hollies, if not known "Jennifer Eccles." I never heard JE on the radio myself, but knew about the song from having read it in a list of song titles on a Hollies compilation CD in a music catalogue. It's just so funny and weird at the same time when people give that clueless look. Very Happy

http://thehollies.proboards88.com
PostPosted:Fri Nov 16, 2007 15:06 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Vrinda wrote:
shootthebusstop wrote:
marko661 wrote:

Pascoe would have to have been in his thirties anyway, and would probably have heard of the Hollies, if not known "Jennifer Eccles." I never heard JE on the radio myself, but knew about the song from having read it in a list of song titles on a Hollies compilation CD in a music catalogue. It's just so funny and weird at the same time when people give that clueless look. Very Happy
I know people in their late 30's who don't know who T-rex,Roxy Music or ELO were for example,never mind the Hollies.Where have they been? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes .

PostPosted:Fri Nov 16, 2007 21:31 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

shootthebusstop wrote:
Vrinda wrote:
shootthebusstop wrote:
marko661 wrote:

I know people in their late 30's who don't know who T-rex,Roxy Music or ELO were for example,never mind the Hollies.Where have they been? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes .

I have met people around my age (nearly 50) and start talking about The Hollies and some of these people actually say something silly like "who are they", and I think to myself that these people must have come from the Planet Mars or somewhere like that if they don't know who The Hollies are.

But to stay on topic, I am sorry that I missed that episode of Judge John Deed (I have never watched that show) and the conversation the 2 people had about The Hollies. When I used to watch Heartbeat and they played a Hollies songs it always brought a smile to my face and made me feel good.

Best wishes

Susie

PostPosted:Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:46 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Susie Hewett wrote:

But to stay on topic, I am sorry that I missed that episode of Judge John Deed (I have never watched that show) and the conversation the 2 people had about The Hollies. When I used to watch Heartbeat and they played a Hollies songs it always brought a smile to my face and made me feel good.

Best wishes

Susie
Yes, I've recently started watching Heartbeat again just so that I can hear a glimpse(can you hear a glimpse Rolling Eyes ?) of our beloved Hollies.

PostPosted:Mon Nov 19, 2007 13:08 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Heartbeat always played brilliant music,
Any Hollies song always brought a smile to my face.

PostPosted:Mon Nov 19, 2007 20:18 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Anthony wrote:
Heartbeat always played brilliant music,
Any Hollies song always brought a smile to my face.

That's the reason why I always tuned in whenever it was on! At the time, though, I wasn't as much into the Hollies as I am now, and I was waiting to hear the Beatles, Searchers, or Gerry and the Pacemakers! The Hollies will never cease to bring a smile to my face! Very Happy

http://thehollies.proboards88.com
PostPosted:Mon Nov 19, 2007 22:16 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1