graphic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » My Back Pages » Jan. 1969 Melody Maker - Terry joins the Hollies
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Thanks again for sharing your wonderful knowledge with us, Geoff! Yes, John was in the habit of letting his mouth rule his head, and he never let that schoolyard bully effect go when he left school and moved into a different arena. Had there been some acknowledgement and care for learning disabilities and disorders at that time, things might have been better for John academically and socially, and he might have gotten along better with people, not have let the Beatles fall apart like they did, and become a better performer than he was.

He was no saint, indeed, and I would never think of him as such - just an ordinary man with extraordinary talents, who did not have the knowhow to use them to the best of his ability.

I had a feeling the remark he made to Dusty was about her sexuality, and I wouldn't blame her if she socked him one for that! As for that idiot who killed him, his excuse was a lame one. Shoot the man because he lives a life of luxury while towting the problems of the poor and working class? That loser was looking for attention, and he got it the wrong way.

John's hard life and personal tragedies would be enough to turn him into the cynical person he was, and no doubt that was what contributed to the Beatles's breakup and the backlashes against them for his Jesus remark, but these things didn't happen overnight; they were the result of an instabile and traumatic youth. If he only he got the help he sould have gotten earlier. ...

We can't speculate on that now, but it is sad that John's fiery and brassy personality got him into more trouble than he expected, and he didn't know how to control it.
PostPosted:Sun Sep 02, 2007 18:10 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Quote:
Some fans speak of "Friction"....with a "Frosty meeting in a restaurant" once....maybe that is true, but probably early on when they didn't know each other very well...yet The Beatles played alongside The Hollies at The Cavern Club on both 3 February 1963 and later on 30 March 1963...and later The Hollies were invited guests on a few Beatles Radio shows....

I hope the BBC has the sense enough to put those radio shows with the Beatles and the Hollies out on CD someday! Wink
PostPosted:Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:15 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
shootthebusstop Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Vrinda wrote:
Quote:
Some fans speak of "Friction"....with a "Frosty meeting in a restaurant" once....maybe that is true, but probably early on when they didn't know each other very well...yet The Beatles played alongside The Hollies at The Cavern Club on both 3 February 1963 and later on 30 March 1963...and later The Hollies were invited guests on a few Beatles Radio shows....

I hope the BBC has the sense enough to put those radio shows with the Beatles and the Hollies out on CD someday! Wink
That would be superb,my ultimate fantasy Wink .The Beatles and Hollies together in the one room,talent overload Cool .

PostPosted:Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:02 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Quote:
That would be superb,my ultimate fantasy Wink .The Beatles and Hollies together in the one room,talent overload Cool .

TALENT OVERLOAD! TALENT OVERLOAD! CODE RED! CODE RED! I wonder if George and Allan dueted on those shows! That would be nice to hear! And picture Graham, John, and Paul trying to outdo one another on the guitar and trying to write a hit song together. George and Tony could be teaching each other new chords, while Bobby and Ringo bang it out on the drums. I just wish I could see all that as well as hear it!
PostPosted:Mon Sep 24, 2007 16:13 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
shootthebusstop Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Vrinda wrote:
Quote:

TALENT OVERLOAD! TALENT OVERLOAD! CODE RED! CODE RED! I wonder if George and Allan dueted on those shows! That would be nice to hear! And picture Graham, John, and Paul trying to outdo one another on the guitar and trying to write a hit song together. George and Tony could be teaching each other new chords, while Bobby and Ringo bang it out on the drums. I just wish I could see all that as well as hear it!
Me too Vrinda,me too Cool .

PostPosted:Mon Sep 24, 2007 19:46 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » My Back Pages
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic