graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Listen To Me » Press Release - Stop Press
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject: Press Release - Stop Press

Site Admin

Following a suggestion from Vrinda, I have created a forum for members only to share articles, press cuttings and other snippets from newspapers and magazines etc.

You will easily find it as it is called "My Back Pages".

The forum will be invisible to non members and also to members who do not log in to their account.

Anyone posting an article must be very sure that copyright infringement is not being broken before publishing as neither myself, The Hollies or The Hollies management can be held responsible for what others submit on this forum. Please be warned.

I reserve the right to remove anything that I believe is not suitable to be posted on this forum.

There also has to be a size limit of 800x800 pixels maximum for any image posted so as not to slow down the server hosting the forum to the detriment of other users.

I will give this a try for a couple of months to see if it works ok and to make sure that problems do not arise from it.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Mon Feb 19, 2007 22:13 pm

Last edited by hollies on Sat Sep 24, 2011 17:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

A big thanks to Rob for allowing us to do this! Very Happy

Just a note: If you upload anything that was saved on Photobucket, a photo-uploading website, they automatically crop your image down to 800 X 800 pixels, so you don't all have to worry that the image you uploaded is too large.

Remember, feel free to comment on the articles as they've been placed here not only for entertainment, but also to start interesting discussions.

Vrinda Very Happy
PostPosted:Tue Feb 20, 2007 0:12 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Oops, perhaps I should have put my post here rather than in the new forum.

I don't think we can delete posts, so it'll stay up there unless Rob gives it the Deep Six.

Anyway, i'll repeat that I can include the text but not the scan itself of Hollies reviews from old magazines rather easily, and think it may be better to do that than for me to try and scan and upload and then link jpg file scans of the articles.
PostPosted:Tue Feb 20, 2007 20:30 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Rob,
How do we upload the cuttings on this site? I gave it a try and it didn't work,
Thanks,
Anthony

PostPosted:Tue Feb 20, 2007 21:54 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

Anthony

If you check out the FAQ page at the top of the forum you will find the instructions.

Quote:
Can I post Images?
Images can indeed be shown in your posts. However, there is no facility at present for uploading images directly to this board. Therefore you must link to an image stored on a publicly accessible web server, e.g. http://www.some-unknown-place.net/my-picture.gif. You cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC (unless it is a publicly accessible server) nor to images stored behind authentication mechanisms such as Hotmail or Yahoo mailboxes, password-protected sites, etc. To display the image use either the BBCode [img] tag or appropriate HTML (if allowed).

You had just got the formatting wrong, which I have now edited.

To insert the URL (web address) of an image, just click the URL box top right of the edit box, type in the URL and then click the URL box again at the end so that it look like this

{url}http://www.etcetcetc{/url} (NB I have used the wrong brackets so that they do not dissapear into a link, the correct ones will be used when you click on the URL box.)

I personally do not know anything about public image hosting other than photobucket.com.

There must be others too

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Tue Feb 20, 2007 23:06 pm

Last edited by hollies on Tue Feb 20, 2007 23:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

Sparty

Again, check out the FAQ page if you want to know if you can do anything on the forum.

Quote:
How do I edit or delete a post?
Unless you are the board admin or forum moderator you can only edit or delete your own posts. You can edit a post (sometimes for only a limited time after it was made) by clicking the edit button for the relevant post. If someone has already replied to the post, you will find a small piece of text output below the post when you return to the topic that lists the number of times you edited it. This will only appear if no one has replied; it also will not appear if moderators or administrators edit the post (they should leave a message saying what they altered and why). Please note that normal users cannot delete a post once someone has replied.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Tue Feb 20, 2007 23:09 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject: TIP

Site Admin

For everyone.

When posting press cuttings, it is a good idea to remove as much superfluous border as posible and then make the image a maximum of 800x800 pixels.

This will allow for a biger print size so that text, especialy from old mags and newspapers can be more easily read.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Tue Feb 20, 2007 23:31 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Thanks Rob for your help, thought I'd like to have a photo of the lads from one of their Aussie Tours.
Just a quick well done to the English Cricket team in the finals of the one day games. They sure put us back in our box.
Thanks again,
Anthony

PostPosted:Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:18 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

There is another photo uploading website: www.shutterfly.com.
PostPosted:Thu Sep 20, 2007 22:46 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Here it is without the period: www.shutterfly.com
PostPosted:Thu Sep 20, 2007 22:47 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Listen To Me
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1