graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » My Back Pages » Bravo, March 1970
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
shootthebusstop Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Dennis, do you really not know who David Beckham is? If not then you are my hero!Keep it real, keep lovin' The Hollies! And a BIG thanks to Vrinda for the pic. The colours are so vibrant you'd nearly think you could reach in and touch them,ooooooooooooh!.This is one of the few pics I've seen where they all look sexy.Nice one.

PostPosted:Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:57 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

shootthebusstop wrote:
Dennis, do you really not know who David Beckham is? If not then you are my hero!Keep it real, keep lovin' The Hollies! And a BIG thanks to Vrinda for the pic. The colours are so vibrant you'd nearly think you could reach in and touch them,ooooooooooooh!.This is one of the few pics I've seen where they all look sexy.Nice one.

True, I do not know who David Beckham is at all. I pay little attention to the latest celebrities; they can't hold a candle to the stars of the past, and by that I mean not only pop stars but film and TV stars as well. If you want to see a movie with lots of colourful costumes, witty dialogue, and an incredible sense of fun, I recommend "Auntie Mame" from 1958, starring the one and only Rosalind Russell. My favorite film, a comedy classic for all time.
PostPosted:Sat Sep 01, 2007 15:49 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Quote:

You're welcome, Paula! Sexy is only the tip of the iceberg here! I wish I could reach in and touch them, too! Wink

Quote:
True, I do not know who David Beckham is at all. I pay little attention to the latest celebrities; they can't hold a candle to the stars of the past, and by that I mean not only pop stars but film and TV stars as well. If you want to see a movie with lots of colourful costumes, witty dialogue, and an incredible sense of fun, I recommend "Auntie Mame" from 1958, starring the one and only Rosalind Russell. My favorite film, a comedy classic for all time.

I couldn't agree more, Dennis. Today's celebrities are duller than dishwater. They're boring, talentless, and have nothing to offer the entertainment industry or the world in general, but yet the media promotes them like crazy.
PostPosted:Sat Sep 01, 2007 15:53 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Vrinda wrote:
Quote:

You're welcome, Paula! Sexy is only the tip of the iceberg here! I wish I could reach in and touch them, too! Wink

Quote:

I couldn't agree more, Dennis. Today's celebrities are duller than dishwater. They're boring, talentless, and have nothing to offer the entertainment industry or the world in general, but yet the media promotes them like crazy.

Yes, they are practically interchangeable. I can barely tell one from another.
PostPosted:Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:56 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Vrinda wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Most of the male stars are unkempt slobs that make me want to say, "Hey, can't you afford to buy a razor and give yourself a shave?" Confused
PostPosted:Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:16 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Quote:
Most of the male stars are unkempt slobs that make me want to say, "Hey, can't you afford to buy a razor and give yourself a shave?" Confused

I couldn't agree more. Maybe they never learned to shave. And the female stars - they always wear clothes that are one size too small, always accentuating their busts and rears, which they don't even have! And they wear such skimpy things that their underwear is more visible than the rest of what they're wearing! And those hair extentions? Can't they grow their own hair? Mad
PostPosted:Tue Sep 04, 2007 16:09 pm

Last edited by Vrinda on Mon Sep 24, 2007 18:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Vrinda wrote:
Quote:

I couldn't agree more. Maybe they never learned to shave. And the female stars - they always wear clothes that are one size too small, alwats accentuating their bust and rears, which they don't even have! And they wear such skimpy things that their underwear is more visible than the rest of what they're wearing! And those hair extentions? Can't they grow their own hair? Mad

I bemoan the lack of class and glamour in our culture. It is very sad. Glamour has been replaced by phony, cheap sexiness. Translation: bad fashion choices, too much skin showing (usually with those regulation tattoos! Horrible, but especially so on females), precious little intelligent speech and an almost complete lack of talent in creating anything of lasting value. Nearly everything in the performing arts now is forgettable and disposable (But I did see Dame Edna recently and laughed my head off!). Even the '80s were better than today; at least there was some good music that came out of that decade. You had bands like Swing Out Sister who just oozed class and sophistication. Their videos are a delight. There were a few bands that emerged in the 90s I liked (The Posies, Belly and Catherine Wheel), but this decade has been a total washout. Nothing at all. I've decided my days of getting into new bands are over. That's allright, though. Time to look back. The British gave us so much in the '60s and beyond, from spy shows to The Beatles and everything else, that we should be grateful we can indulge in these marvelous talents to our hearts content.
PostPosted:Wed Sep 05, 2007 0:16 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Quote:
I bemoan the lack of class and glamour in our culture. It is very sad. Glamour has been replaced by phony, cheap sexiness. Translation: bad fashion choices, too much skin showing (usually with those regulation tattoos! Horrible, but especially so on females), precious little intelligent speech and an almost complete lack of talent in creating anything of lasting value. Nearly everything in the performing arts now is forgettable and disposable (But I did see Dame Edna recently and laughed my head off!). Even the '80s were better than today; at least there was some good music that came out of that decade. You had bands like Swing Out Sister who just oozed class and sophistication. Their videos are a delight. There were a few bands that emerged in the 90s I liked (The Posies, Belly and Catherine Wheel), but this decade has been a total washout. Nothing at all. I've decided my days of getting into new bands are over. That's allright, though. Time to look back. The British gave us so much in the '60s and beyond, from spy shows to The Beatles and everything else, that we should be grateful we can indulge in these marvelous talents to our hearts content.

It's very sad that I won't be able to look back on these years and rememeber any of its entertainment with fondness. I think the fragmentation of the media and it's lack of standards has contributed greatly to the decline in quality enterainment, as well as there being little outlet for any talented people. There's this "anything goes" attitude that has gone too far. For the fear of not offending anyone, we've become afraid to label anything as indecent, offensive, and trashy. Mad

Let's also remember some of the great American TV shows, groups, and singers from the '50s and '60s who gave us a lot of pleasure, as well as the contributions of those wonderful Brits during those times! Very Happy
PostPosted:Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:58 am

Last edited by Vrinda on Mon Sep 24, 2007 18:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
DistantLight Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I know lots of good bands from the last years, Dennis Very Happy

There are always good bands around! You just have to know the right ones!
PostPosted:Thu Sep 06, 2007 17:28 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Quote:

Everyone's got a different perception of what makes a good band, and the best ones are often always the ones no one knows about. The ones who are in the limelight seem to be the ones I want to stay away from. The media likes to promote the talentless types, and it makes it harder for the talented ones to get by. I wish we could have some down-to-earth people like the bands of the British Invasion, who not only could sing and play instruments well, but were personable and interesting people - like the Beatles, Kinks, Hollies, and others. I may sound picky, but I get turned off by bands with tatoos, piercings, scruffy, unkempt appearances, and lack of proper dressing. When I even dare to go past their appearance and listen to their music, I'm disappointed by what I hear.
PostPosted:Thu Sep 06, 2007 19:32 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Vrinda wrote:
Quote:

Everyone's got a different perception of what makes a good band, and the best ones are often always the ones no one knows about. The ones who are in the limelight seem to be the ones I want to stay away from. The media likes to promote the talentless types, and it makes it harder for the talented ones to get by. I wish we could have some down-to-earth people like the bands of the British Invasion, who not only could sing and play instruments well, but were personable and interesting people - like the Beatles, Kinks, Hollies, and others. I may sound picky, but I get turned off by bands with tatoos, piercings, scruffy, unkempt appearances, and lack of proper dressing. When I even dare to go past their appearance and listen to their music, I'm disappointed by what I hear.

Exactly. I couldn't agree more. I simply won't waste my time trying to like a performer whose appearance disturbs me. I can't get beyond that. This current generation is not mine, thank goodness. I find I have to have a strong stomach just to go out amongst the public. If I could go just one day without seeing somebody with a tattoo or wearing camouflage, I'd be very happy and very surprised. It's like my mother used to say regarding bad appearances: "It hurts my eyes".

Yes, America had produced some fine entertainment as well, but for me when it comes to music, it's mostly British or British-inspired stuff that gets my attention.
PostPosted:Thu Sep 06, 2007 20:13 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Quote:
Exactly. I couldn't agree more. I simply won't waste my time trying to like a performer whose appearance disturbs me. I can't get beyond that. This current generation is not mine, thank goodness. I find I have to have a strong stomach just to go out amongst the public. If I could go just one day without seeing somebody with a tattoo or wearing camouflage, I'd be very happy and very surprised. It's like my mother used to say regarding bad appearances: "It hurts my eyes".

Yes, America had produced some fine entertainment as well, but for me when it comes to music, it's mostly British or British-inspired stuff that gets my attention.

Unfortunately, the modern stuff was created by my generation. There's just nothing from this decade that I can look back on fondly. The majority of my favorite music is British '60s stuff. I could never get interested in any modern stuff. It's so fake and synthesized. Even the performers are boring. They take themselves too seriously, and have some decency deficiency. If it's sleazy, degrading, and obscene, they'll do it.
PostPosted:Wed Sep 12, 2007 18:57 pm

Last edited by Vrinda on Thu Sep 13, 2007 14:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
shootthebusstop Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

[quote="Vrinda"]
Quote:

Unfortunately, the modern stuff was created by my generation. There' sjust nothing from this decade that I can look back on fondly. The majority of my favorite music is British '60s stuff. I could never get interested in any modern stuff. It's so fake and synthesized. Even the performers are boring. They take themselves too seriously, and have some decency deficiency. If it's sleazy, degrading, and obscene, they'll do it.[/quote Whenever I get too bogged down with our seemingly amoral society I crack open my Doris Day boxset.Now she was a real lady! Smile

PostPosted:Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:59 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Quote:
Whenever I get too bogged down with our seemingly amoral society I crack open my Doris Day boxset.Now she was a real lady! Very Happy

Doris Day - there's pure class! Very Happy
PostPosted:Thu Sep 13, 2007 14:27 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Vrinda wrote:
Quote:
Whenever I get too bogged down with our seemingly amoral society I crack open my Doris Day boxset.Now she was a real lady! Very Happy

Doris Day - there's pure class! Very Happy

The golden age of Hollywood had a boatload of class acts. It's a pity more young people don't appreciate the vintage films. But then, when I was growing up, they showed them on TV. Now you have to rent or buy them.
PostPosted:Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:45 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » My Back Pages
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next