graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation » Badfinger's two Warner Bros albums back in print
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject: Badfinger's two Warner Bros albums back in print
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

http://www.ccmusic.com/search.cfm?searchkey=BADFINGER&bounce=y&searchType=artist

$12.95 each for their first Warners LP, "Badfinger," and the followup album "Wish You Were Here."

Even if you're a long-time Badfinger fan, it's quite possible that you've never heard these hard-to-find albums. Both of them have marvelous songs, even though never had a hit single.

In addition, the first album released under the Badfinger name, "Magic Christian Music" is apparently available for $16.98. (this has a bunch of songs from the first Ivey's album, plus some new songs like the title track). Finally, the Joey Molland/Tom Evans album released under the Badfinger name, "Airwaves" is also available for $13.95.

The also have some Hollies releases:

http://www.ccmusic.com/item.cfm?itemid=EMI732732

For $14.95, they have a "two-fer" CD of the first two Hollies albums on one CD ("Stay With The Hollies" and the much better album "In The Hollies Style"). This is a must-have for any fan who doesn't already have the two albums.

http://www.ccmusic.com/search.cfm?searchkey=HOLLIES%20%28THE%29&bounce=y&searchType=artist

And, here's a bunch of other Hollies albums, including "What Goes Around," "Reunion" (the 1983 concert release), "The Long Road" box set (at $74.96, which is a pretty good price), the three "Abbey Road" discs sold together for $21.98 (another great price), and the new compilation release "On A Carousel."

I've bought from these guys before, with no problems. In the US, shipping is free on orders over $50.

The company can be reached via e-mail at

mcatalog@ccmusic.com.

I dug around their website, and below is a copy/paste of the info regarding International shipping. Alas, the steep price for international shipping makes some of the bargains listed above less appealing to our friends across the pond.

International Shipping (Including Canada)

We ship via "USPS Destination Post Office," which means that the USPS picks up from our warehouse and distributes packages throughout the world to the Post Office in your country for delivery to you. Please be aware that due to shipping restrictions or lack of delivery services to certain countries, United Parcel Service Worldwide Express,www.ups.com, may be used and applicable fees or charges may apply.

Any customs, taxes, import duties, or any other applicable charges are your responsibility and are collected once the package reaches your country. We have no jurisdiction over these expenses and cannot determine what they may be. Customs polices vary widely from country to country; please contact your local customs office for further information.

A street address is required for all international shipments. Delivery to P.O. Boxes is available.

Canadian Exception: Orders to Canada are sent via the USPS at $7.95. U.S. funds only.

Please refer to the table below for shipping rates to other international locations:

Order Total 10-20 Business Days
$0-$25.00 $11.50
$25.01-$50.00 $16.50
$50.01-$100.00 $20.00
Over $100 $21.50
PostPosted:Tue Jul 10, 2007 14:04 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Gee Post subject: Come and Get it....
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

The two Warners Badfinger albums are quite superb....BUT Warners made a mistake of issuing a very odd mix of Joey's song "Love is Easy" as the single from the first 1974 album...with the drums put way out infront....Joey Molland himself was none too happy re this....the single was unsuccessful, just as the band really needed a big hit after the collapse of Apple into legal problems...
PostPosted:Tue Jul 10, 2007 21:10 pm

Last edited by Gee on Wed May 26, 2010 17:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Gee Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Sorry, The original Iveys / Badfinger Bass guitarist vocalist was Ron Griffiths....NOT Rod Evans (he was the original Lead Vocalist with Deep Purple ! ) - I muddled the two up as both were ousted from their respective bands.....!
PostPosted:Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:24 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject: Re: Come and Get it....
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Geoff coles wrote:

Joey Molland has kept Badfinger's flag flying over the years...and recorded some fine solo material...recently of course uniting with old schoolchum and longtime pal Terry Sylvester for live shows...

I like to think that I can claim some small amount of credit for Joey and Terry working together in recent years.

At one of Joey's shows in Cincinnati around seven years ago or so, I chatted with him afterward - Joey was really good about that, and hung around after his show for almost an hour shooting the breeze with fans. I knew of course that Joey was from Liverpool as was Terry, and figured that they were pretty close to the same age. I informed Joey that Terry was a solo performer in Canada in the Toronto area, and Joey seemed quite pleased to hear that Terry was both in North American and still performing professionally. I scribbled down Terry's website address for Joey (it's pretty easy to remember, after all, isn't it?), and I was pretty sure that Joey was going to try and contact Terry.

My other comment to Joey was that "Magazine Woman" belonged in his live act. He was very surprised that anyone actually remembered that song! Alas, when I saw Molland a couple of years later, that great psychodelic song was still off the playlist.
PostPosted:Mon Jul 30, 2007 14:47 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1