graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On » Great Article On Genesis of "EVOLUTION" Album Cove
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject: Great Article On Genesis of "EVOLUTION" Album Cove
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Here's a great article on how the "Evolution" album artwork came to be. Features a beautiful photo of the final cover...a bit of a long URL address, but just click on it and you'll be taken there.

http://rockpopgallery.easystorecreator.com/items/karl-ferris/the-hollies-evolutions-ltd-edition-s-n-print-lep-spspthe1-detail.htm
PostPosted:Thu Jul 05, 2007 22:57 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Thanks for posting this. There's a similar thread to this elsewhere, but it didn't have that much information or a photograph of Tone and Bob. At $995 they can still keep it, although if they want to try £50... Laughing

PostPosted:Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:12 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

in summer of 1966 I took a studio shot of them pushing out their hands and the lead singer pointing through clear plastic. Over this I superimposed a shot of William Morris Art Nuevo wallpaper with an illustration and 'Love' lettering drawn by my girl friend Anke.

Fascinating story, but it's funny that he evidently thought that Hicks was the band's lead singer!

I suspect that had he understood each person's part in the bank, he'd have had Clarke in the prime center position in the photo.

$1,000 is just too much for me for a piece of art, although the Hicks/Elliott signings on it pump up the value to me quite a bit. I'd probably go as a high as $450 to $500, though, which would be my limit. Too bad for me, I guess.
PostPosted:Fri Jul 06, 2007 13:37 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
brandy Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

I was at St. Paul's Gallery in August, 2005, for an event that featured similar fine art prints of the covers of the two Move LPs that Carl appeared on. While the proceeds were going to Carl's cancer charity, even the minimal 395 pound (nearly $800) cost was too rich for my blood!

But it was fun to meet Carl's wife Sue, and his son Jack (with whom we had a great reunion when we saw his band play in Guildford last week). Not to mention meeting Roy Wood, Bev Bevan, Rick Price from the Move, as well as Mike Sheridan, et al!

The night after we met up with Jack, we had an hour and-a-half reunion with Alan Coates at a Covent Garden pub. He is busier than ever with The Voice and Music Company, but is still the friendly and engaging personality many of you will remember from his decades with The Hollies. Generous too; I wanted to repay him for drinks he bought us in Germany in the summer of 2004. But Coatesy would have none of that, and insisted on buying all the rounds!

PostPosted:Mon Jul 09, 2007 21:13 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1