graphic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band » Allan Clarke
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Eddie Post subject: Allan's Siblings

He was the youngest of seven, Frank being his only brother (older by 10 years and hasn't been involved in music whatsoever since he used to drive The Hollies around in the very early days). His other siblings are/were sisters. Obviously.
PostPosted:Tue Nov 16, 2004 17:08 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Eddie Post subject: and another thing.....

Contrary to rumours elsewhere Allan Clarke does not possess the power of hypnotism.
PostPosted:Tue Nov 16, 2004 17:12 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
KathyGoGo Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Thanks Eddie. Hadn't heard that one before. Though some may say he has a hypnotizing voice.

PostPosted:Tue Nov 16, 2004 22:52 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesrelation Post subject: Re: Allan Clarke

Susie Hewett wrote:
Razz So Allan only has 1 brother and 2 sisters, well by my calculations that makes him one of 4 children not 6 which leaves me to one conclusion, I can't always believe everything I read or hear. Thanks Rob for clarifying this for everyone who thought he had 2 brothers. Laughing

Bye for now, Susie

Smile Embarassed Cool

Hello there, i am martin price, son of trudi price, whos maiden name is clarke, and she is daughter of audrey clarke, who is the sister of allan clarke. He is my great unlce, i have one of his harmonicas, its so funny all the rumours going around Laughing . He had 6 siblings, one of which died at a yound age.
Cheers
Martin
PostPosted:Mon Feb 21, 2005 18:16 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Martin Exclamation

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for the info, if you are his nephew then you know what you are talking about. Very Happy

I originally read that Allan was one of 6 children and then someone else said that he only had one brother and 2 sisters Frank, Lillian and Cynthia, in both cases it said that Allan is the youngest, is he younger than all his siblings Question

All The Best

Susie

PostPosted:Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:49 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Sharon Olson Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

Hi Martin,

I find it facinating to see a family member of one of the Hollies posting. Please give us any info you can about Allan. Where is he living, what is he doing, and any memories you might have of him being in the Hollies.
And any memories you might have as him being your great uncle Exclamation

Many thanks!

Shari
PostPosted:Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:43 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I know this is an old thread, but I thought I would add to it, anyway. I would like to hear more from you if you're still around on this board, Martin. Your mother must have some interesting stories about Allan as an uncle! The other girls must have been so envious of her, having an uncle as gorgeous and talented as Allan!

On the subject of Allan's siblings, I read somewhere that he had one brother, Frank, and four sisters - Lillian, Anita, Audrey, and Cynthia. I'll see if I can find that page.
PostPosted:Thu May 03, 2007 22:56 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Carrie Eloise Post subject: Back on track

From what I've heard, Allan and Bobby are occasional "snowbirds" and have vacation property somewhere in Florida close together. Just a rumor tho. I suppose if it's true, someone will take this message off.
PostPosted:Fri Jun 22, 2007 17:16 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

No one has yet, Carrie, so maybe it is a rumor! Wink
PostPosted:Thu Aug 02, 2007 15:13 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

From what I understand, Bobby has vacationed in Key Biscayne, Florida. As relates to Allan, I believe I once heard he purchased a home or possibly land to build somewhere in North Carolina.
PostPosted:Thu Aug 02, 2007 16:51 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

holliesfan wrote:
From what I understand, Bobby has vacationed in Key Biscayne, Florida. As relates to Allan, I believe I once heard he purchased a home or possibly land to build somewhere in North Carolina.

That would be ironic, considering the fact that Clarke in a mid-late 80's interview stressed to the interviewer and audience (British, obviously) that he would never live in the U.S. (I think that the topic was brought up because of Nash) and he indicated in pretty strong terms that he disapproved of the American way of life. I gave him a mulligan on that one and didn't hold it against Clarke, but I certainly did this Shocked when I saw it.

I'm thinking that the interview was from around the time of the "Hard To Forget" television lip-sync performance. (speaking of songs that need an official release!!!)
PostPosted:Thu Aug 02, 2007 16:59 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Sparty, what about the American way of life did he disapprove? Since this was in the eighties, things must have changed a lot since then. I also felt the urge to post a Shocked when I read your post. I have heard from somewhere else that he was living part of the year in the U.S. It's funny that Allan could say that and get away with it. If a celebrity says something like that today, everyone would be out to get him!
PostPosted:Thu Aug 02, 2007 19:00 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Sometime when I'm watching my old Hollies videos, I'll try to note the timing of when he said it and the circumstances of the conversation.

But surely a dozen regulars on this board have seen that interview. Maybe someone here will have a sharper recollection.
PostPosted:Thu Aug 02, 2007 19:29 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Vrinda wrote:
Sparty, what about the American way of life did he disapprove? Since this was in the eighties, things must have changed a lot since then. I also felt the urge to post a Shocked when I read your post. I have heard from somewhere else that he was living part of the year in the U.S. It's funny that Allan could say that and get away with it. If a celebrity says something like that today, everyone would be out to get him!

Maybe Allan didn't like the ridiculous conservative atmosphere that existed in the US in the eighties and today of course. Can't be much better in the UK though. Shocked
PostPosted:Thu Aug 02, 2007 23:01 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I grew up in the eighties. Reagan in the US, Thatcher here. Ethiopian famine, AIDS, Falklands War, Duran Duran...what a decade Crying or Very sad

A lot of British people have an opinion of the US as being impersonal, capitalist and having a very fast and furious lifestyle. I'm guessing that this is what Clarke may have been referring to. Of course, over here, we were still wandering around in dungarees with straw hats and the roman roads were still open. Laughing

PostPosted:Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:32 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Page 2 of 6