graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On » Favourite music clip
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject: Favourite music clip
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Now with some of you having the new Dutch Collection, what is you favourite 3 video clips?, any order will do: Here are mine:

Daddy Don't Mind: I have always loved this song, the band has so much energy with this number, great rock"n"roll. Allan, what a showman, love the wiggle of the hips at the start of the song.

Listen to me: I think it's strange to see the band sitting, but the clip is so different I think it's brilliant, great close up of Allan.

Heartbeat: Because it's maybe one of the last video's with Terry and Bernie.

When I first saw the list of clips I thought got it, got it, but they did not use all the old beat club clips like I would have imagined. Brilliant group of video clips.

The unlucky songs to miss out were Son of a Rotton Gambler, Sandy and Star.

Vote for strangest clip, "Blowin in the wind" with the young Lovers.

I have played the DVD many times over, I have even got a second one on order, well this one won't last forever the way I keep playing it.

Now my wish list would be a volume two, this is a great collection, what we have been after for years.

PostPosted:Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:29 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I'd have to say Daddy Don't Mind is my favourite, but Heartbeat and Son Of A Rotten Gambler are great also.

PostPosted:Fri Mar 02, 2007 16:41 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Agneta Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I got my Dutch collection two days ago, thanks to An for the link. (Dutch is really a fascinating language. If I had the time, I'd like to study it.)
I've watched the DVD a couple of times, and I really like it. It's all new to me, because I only had the special edition EP on DVD before.

My favourite is Gasoline Alley Bred, because it's one of my favourite songs, and there are nice close ups of all the band members, and of Bernie playing bass. They all look really good and, I suppose, like I remember them.

My second choice is the first song, Just One Look, because it's nice to hear and watch an early version of the Hollies with Eric ( he's really changed). Graham looks so happy and Tony very young.

The third one is hard to pick, but maybe Heartbeat. For one thing,I like Tonys trousers.
Or perhaps I Can't Let Go, where they all look so happy and playful on the quay.

Listen to me is nice and Allan looks great, but I think the video clip shows too little of the others.
It's intersting to see Allan and Tony with moustaches on Too Young To Be Married, and Tony on Hey Willy as well. I think Tony is and has always been good looking, but I'm really glad that he shaved off the moustache.

Agneta

PostPosted:Sun Mar 04, 2007 19:12 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Boulder to Birmingham is a favourite of mine, and I'd never seen that clip before. Great!

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Mon Mar 12, 2007 19:44 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1