graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation » How did the Beatles treat their fans
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Quote:
With full respect for the "new" members of the band, I have to take into account everything Bobby and Tony have done for us Hollies fans. My vote goes to Bobby not only for his excellent drumming, but also for treating us fans in the very best way. An example to follow. He is up in the no 1 league of "Good treaters of fans" along with Graham Nash, the Searchers, Nils Lofgren and Gerry Marsden, which says a lot.

This makes me wonder, how did the Beatles treat their fans? I haven't heard too many stories on that. (Now don't haul me over the coals for going off-topic, guys!)
PostPosted:Fri Jan 26, 2007 0:22 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Vrinda,
I think this is a good topic, from what I've heard Carl Wayne was brilliant with the fans also, made them feel very important.
With the Beatles because they were so big, I believe they gave their lives to us the fans, now these guys can not just go to a movie, go down to the local market on a Saturday morning etc. Paul & Ringo may be very rich but in many ways they can't lead a normal life. I'm sure most pop stars are happy to say hi to their fans, but at the same time we need to let them get on with their lives.
I've heard many fans over the years feel very let down when they meet who ever.
I'm sure the Beatles treated their fans well, I've seen many photos of them signing an autograph or two.
Have a great weekend,
Anthony

PostPosted:Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:24 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Thanks, Anthony!

I've heard all too well how impossibe it is to lead a normal life when you're rich and famous, and Paul and Ringo probably wish they could do all those simple things again. Because of all the fans coming to their concerts and hanging around them, it would have been impossible for any one person to get close enough to them to speak to them, or even for any one of the Beatles to get their fans one-on-one. I'm sure they wish they could have done so.

I like your wording of it- that they gave their lives for us fans. The same can be said about a lot of our favorite performers - Elvis, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, the Hollies, the Kinks, Petula Clarke, Nat King Cole, Sammy Davis, Jr., Barbara Streisand, etc. - sacrificing a normal life for themselves just to entertain us. I often wonder what we could do for them in return, and maybe the best thing, other than supporting them by buying their music, is to let them have as much time to themselves so they can live as a normal a life as can be allowed for them.

Vrinda Smile

Hollies fan since 1991 and still going strong!
PostPosted:Fri Jan 26, 2007 16:16 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Gee Post subject: Beatles ...and their fans
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

The various stories I have heard indicate the Fab Four were very good with their fans in the Cavern Club days...
PostPosted:Fri Jan 26, 2007 18:30 pm

Last edited by Gee on Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

It definitely is of interest, Geoff. Thanks for sharing it!
PostPosted:Fri Jan 26, 2007 19:06 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Hope2005 Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

In the 70's when John Lennon was living in New York, his phone number was listed in the phone book but it wasn't under Lennon. If any fans called he was happy to talk to them and when he was out he didn't mind chatting,posing for a picture or giving an autograph. Of course he gave his autograph to Chapman when he left the apartment to go to the studio.

PostPosted:Wed Feb 14, 2007 18:08 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hope2005 wrote:
In the 70's when John Lennon was living in New York, his phone number was listed in the phone book but it wasn't under Lennon. If any fans called he was happy to talk to them and when he was out he didn't mind chatting,posing for a picture or giving an autograph. Of course he gave his autograph to Chapman when he left the apartment to go to the studio.

I wish every person who loves The Beatles and John Lennon would refrain from uttering or writing that murderers' name. I think it is disrespectful to the memory of John Lennon, who is greatly missed on this earth.
PostPosted:Wed Feb 14, 2007 20:01 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

It's alright, Dennis. I have my own opinions on that scumbag, but remember, he is jail where he will never hurt anyone else. Hofner meant no disrespect by writing his name.

It was nice to know that John was still kind to his fans to the very end, and I only hope such a story will not put off more pop singers from being approachable.
PostPosted:Wed Feb 14, 2007 23:55 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
SheLenka Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

In my opinion, the greatest times for the fans must have been in the clubs. The band not known enough to be playing in the stadium but playing great music. The atmosphere must have been great and the fans could get closer to the band. I'm scared of crowds and wouldn't like the screaming of the mass.

Even nowadays, if you find a good band playing great music, the concert in a club is the best experience. I never drink alcohol during the concert, so that I have all my senses sharp, I need to dance otherwise I would explode. Just a few dozens fans, good sound, relatively small place... What could be better?

Tomorrow my favourite band will play "I'm Alive" for the first time...
PostPosted:Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:17 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Hope2005 Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

[quote="Dennis"][quote="Hope2005"]In the 70's when John Lennon was living in New York, his phone number was listed in the phone book but it wasn't under Lennon. If any fans called he was happy to talk to them and when he was out he didn't mind chatting,posing for a picture or giving an autograph. Of course he gave his autograph to Chapman when he left the apartment to go to the studio.[/quote]

I wish every person who loves The Beatles and John Lennon would refrain from uttering or writing that murderers' name. I think it is disrespectful to the memory of John Lennon, who is greatly missed on this earth.[/quote]

I love The Beatles and I certainly didn't mean to disrespect John, I really do admire him. I hope his killer dies behind bars, hope I didn't offenend you by putting that.

PostPosted:Fri Mar 09, 2007 18:40 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hope2005 wrote:
Dennis wrote:
Hope2005 wrote:

I wish every person who loves The Beatles and John Lennon would refrain from uttering or writing that murderers' name. I think it is disrespectful to the memory of John Lennon, who is greatly missed on this earth.

I love The Beatles and I certainly didn't mean to disrespect John, I really do admire him. I hope his killer dies behind bars, hope I didn't offenend you by putting that.

Hi Hope Exclamation

I too hope that murderer dies in jail or better still they should bring back capitol punishment such as hanging esepecially for him after taking the life of that wonderful singer John Lennon who was loved and respected by thousands of people around the world . That murderer can't have a concience and it makes me wonder how he can sleep at night knowing what he has done.

Susie

PostPosted:Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:28 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Hope2005 Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

[quote="Susie Hewett"][quote="Hope2005"][quote="Dennis"][quote="Hope2005"]In the 70's when John Lennon was living in New York, his phone number was listed in the phone book but it wasn't under Lennon. If any fans called he was happy to talk to them and when he was out he didn't mind chatting,posing for a picture or giving an autograph. Of course he gave his autograph to Chapman when he left the apartment to go to the studio.[/quote]

I wish every person who loves The Beatles and John Lennon would refrain from uttering or writing that murderers' name. I think it is disrespectful to the memory of John Lennon, who is greatly missed on this earth.[/quote]

I love The Beatles and I certainly didn't mean to disrespect John, I really do admire him. I hope his killer dies behind bars, hope I didn't offenend you by putting that.[/quote]

Hi Hope Exclamation

I too hope that murderer dies in jail or better still they should bring back capitol punishment such as hanging esepecially for him after taking the life of that wonderful singer John Lennon who was loved and respected by thousands of people around the world . That murderer can't have a concience and it makes me wonder how he can sleep at night knowing what he has done.

Susie[/quote]

I'm glad you agree

PostPosted:Sun Mar 11, 2007 15:49 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to: