graphic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road » some highlights, rarities
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject: Re: Opinions....
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Dennis wrote:
I DO. however, dislike David Crosby. But some of Crosby's nastiness rubbed off onto Nash regarding The Hollies.

Yeah, Crosby really does seem to open his mouth and let his belly rumble (which in its self is a frightnening thought) - he's got stuck into The Byrds and The Eagles from what I've been told. One would think that given his less than perfect history that he would know when to keep his opinions to himself!

PostPosted:Wed Mar 07, 2007 14:46 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject: Re: Opinions
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Geoff coles wrote:
That is only your opinion, . I can assure you I do not confuse opinions with facts and would point out you get an "Americanised" spin on things over in the USA obviously.

I am not wasting any more of my time on this subject, and would refer you to my posting dated 6 March above, which gives facts not opinions.

You sure have used a lot of space on this forum supposedly "wasting your time". I have only pointed out the fact that Nash has not been as charitable toward the band as you seem to think. Here are some of the "praises" coming from Nash at various times since '68:

* made egotistical remarks about the Clarke/Hicks/Nash songs, claiming he wrote all of them himself anyway
* at CSN concerts mocked the bands' "white suits" (which apparently were HIS idea), saying, "To think, I gave up wearing a white suit for this"
* was glad Clarke left the band in 1971 (but offered no help recording-wise)
* mused that the reunion LP was "not brilliant" (this after he had initially told the press that it was "incredibly well sung")
* fairly recently said that The Byrds were a "cool" band, but The Hollies never were
* after the aborted US reunion tour ended, he mused that he was going to go and "make some real money"

Can you see why I have cautious feelings toward Mr. Nash? I am a HOLLIES fan, and I do not appreciate a former key member of the band making such remarks about MY FAVORITE GROUP.
PostPosted:Wed Mar 07, 2007 23:27 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject: Re: Opinions....
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

James Towill wrote:
Dennis wrote:
I DO. however, dislike David Crosby. But some of Crosby's nastiness rubbed off onto Nash regarding The Hollies.

Yeah, Crosby really does seem to open his mouth and let his belly rumble (which in its self is a frightnening thought) - he's got stuck into The Byrds and The Eagles from what I've been told. One would think that given his less than perfect history that he would know when to keep his opinions to himself!

Yeah, that stint in prison didn't do much for his personality. Again, you're only as good as the company you keep.
PostPosted:Wed Mar 07, 2007 23:44 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Gee Post subject: Opinions
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Re your points, on Nash's "USA" comments ( all of which I have known for years!, indeed nothing you have "posted" has been "news" to me at all...)
as I said these remarks are "For American Consumers" which it seems are gullibly believed
PostPosted:Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:25 am

Last edited by Gee on Thu May 27, 2010 9:24 am; edited 2 times in total
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Gentlemen!!!!! Please take a deep breath. Why is it that some posts have to veer so far off course? We must learn to check our guns at the door when we enter this website. Although we should value everyone's opinion we must learn to appreciate each contibution WHEN it is in line with the subject matter at the time. The Hollies history is vital to understanding where the band came from and how it arrived at where it is today. Every historical fact serves as a buidling block to that end. One thing for sure, we ALL love OUR Hollies. We MUST not let personal feelings steer us off course from this historical journey. So, please think twice before offering up negative vibes that only distract us from this continuing story. Thanks for listening.
PostPosted:Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:43 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

Amen to that.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:12 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject: Re: Opinions
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Dennis wrote:
Geoff coles wrote:
That is only your opinion, . I can assure you I do not confuse opinions with facts and would point out you get an "Americanised" spin on things over in the USA obviously.

I am not wasting any more of my time on this subject, and would refer you to my posting dated 6 March above, which gives facts not opinions.

You sure have used a lot of space on this forum supposedly "wasting your time". I have only pointed out the fact that Nash has not been as charitable toward the band as you seem to think. Here are some of the "praises" coming from Nash at various times since '68:

* made egotistical remarks about the Clarke/Hicks/Nash songs, claiming he wrote all of them himself anyway
* at CSN concerts mocked the bands' "white suits" (which apparently were HIS idea), saying, "To think, I gave up wearing a white suit for this"
* was glad Clarke left the band in 1971 (but offered no help recording-wise)
* mused that the reunion LP was "not brilliant" (this after he had initially told the press that it was "incredibly well sung")
* fairly recently said that The Byrds were a "cool" band, but The Hollies never were
* after the aborted US reunion tour ended, he mused that he was going to go and "make some real money"

Can you see why I have cautious feelings toward Mr. Nash? I am a HOLLIES fan, and I do not appreciate a former key member of the band making such remarks about MY FAVORITE GROUP.

The above are excerpts from my upcoming book, "The Hollies - Warts and All". Razz
PostPosted:Thu Mar 08, 2007 22:02 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4