graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Listen To Me » 'You cannot make a search so soon after your last...'
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject: 'You cannot make a search so soon after your last...'
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Rob

I've noticed this message appearing over the past few weeks, am I reading posts too quickly or something?!

Cheers,
James

PostPosted:Fri Feb 09, 2007 18:30 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

I am not too sure James. I presume that there is a time limit on searching, as there is for posting. It is not something I can change, I think, but I will look into it on Monday.

There is usually a delay of 15 seconds or so between posting to stop bots from blocking up forums. Perhaps this is the same.

I'll get on the case.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:46 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

James

I presume the title of this thread reads 'You cannot make a search so soon after your last "search"

As far as I know there are no board restrictions on searching. I have just done 20 word searches immediately after each other with no problem.

The only restriction that I am aware of is the "Flood Interval". This is set at 10 seconds and is the time you have to wait between posting. This is to stop bots and people from posting lots of one word posts straight after each other log jamming the site.

Sorry I have no more info on this other than it works fine for me. Let me know if there is anything else specific you can tell me.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:09 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Thanks, Rob. Basically, whenever I visit the site I go to the 'new posts' thingy at the bottom, click that then all the topics with new posts appear. When I look at one of these (which might only be a brief sentence in some cases), I then go back to look at the other posts, it is at this time that the said message appears. I'm guessing the duration will be less than 10 seconds. It's not a major problem by any means so I wouldn't be too concerned.

PostPosted:Mon Feb 12, 2007 17:27 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

Got it James

I have never used that function before. I always read new items by following the "new" icons on the left and by visiting the actual forums.

Using the link that you do, it searches for all of the new posts and lists them but once you try to go back it seems that it can't do it. Very strange. Can't find anything about it in the board docs but I presume, but would not guarantee it, that there is a logical reason for this but I don't know what it is.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Mon Feb 12, 2007 20:12 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

It does it most of the time, just not sometimes. I think it probably is a timing thing - just thought I'd mention it. I'll need to read slower Laughing

PostPosted:Mon Feb 12, 2007 20:36 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Listen To Me
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1