graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On » JAMIE MOSES - Was He In The Hollies
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
DistantLight Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I'm going to buy that Queen + Paul Rogers live CD when I see it for a good price. I've listened to some bits of it via Amazon. Does Roger Taylor sing three songs? I'm In Love With My Car, Radio Gaga and Say It's Not True? And is the last one a new song by Roger and Last Horizon a new one by Brian May? Would be cool to hear new material from them.
PostPosted:Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:29 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
DistantLight Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I forgot that "These Are The Days Of Our Lives" is also sung by Roger. Does he sing other songs on that CD, too?
PostPosted:Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:12 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

You seem to have all the correct information, DistantLight. I just listened to it in its entirity there. Great live album. They have a voice of Freddie doing Bohemian Rhapsody (instrumentation live) and Paul Rodgers does the end headbanging part. Great stuff!

PostPosted:Fri Oct 07, 2005 21:50 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Gee Post subject: Jamie Moses /Tony Hick speaks out...!
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I understood It was Jamie Moses singing High Harmony vocals on the two "Live in Mainz" tracks: "Write On" and "Blowin' in the Wind" on Polydor's "20 years" CD rather than the much more "Nash Sounding" Alan Coates

When I saw the band in May 1981 (just a couple of weeks before Terry & Bernie left the group), Tony did a couple of introductions....then of course really came into his own later as a fine co-frontman....
PostPosted:Thu Feb 08, 2007 14:30 pm

Last edited by Gee on Thu May 27, 2010 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject: Re: Jamie Moses /Tony Hick speaks out...!
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Geoff coles wrote:
When I saw the band in May 1981 (just a couple of weeks before Terry & Bernie left the group), Tony did a couple of introductions....then of course really came into his own later as a fine co-frontman....

Geoff - can I ask - did you sense the 'end was nigh' for the lineup at that stage? What did they play at that stage?

PostPosted:Thu Feb 08, 2007 14:48 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Gee Post subject: "At the End of the line"...?
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Well...you would never have guessed anything was wrong from the onstage "banter" or the supreme professionalism the band showed...it was the night of the F. A. Cup Final Replay between Spurs and Manchester City....Tony said "Come on City...!!"

Allan joked..."I bet ya buggers have all got videos why we have to sing and miss it.... !!"
The Audience all laughed...

At the very end as The Hollies left the stage to a standing ovation Terry walked up to a microphone and said; "It's 45 each and their still taking Penalties...!",which drew a big laugh from the crowd (who had totally forgotten Football....I DID Video the game !....I Only wish I had a video/DVD of that concert !)
PostPosted:Thu Feb 08, 2007 15:33 pm

Last edited by Gee on Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Gee Post subject: Concert songs...
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Oh yes it was;
I Can't let Go / Just One Look/ I Can't tell The Bottom From the Top / Another Night / Sandy / Star /My Island / Bus Stop / Soldier's Song / Medley : Stay- Searchin'- Sorry Suzanne-I'm Alive- Jennifer Eccles-Listen to Me./ Stop Stop Stop/Draggin' my Heels / If I were The Priest (Clarke solo) / Write On/That'll be the Day / Too Young To Be Married/The Air That I Breathe/ Blowin' in the Wind/He Ain't Heavy/Long Cool Woman...(long version!)

I think that was all (not too sure re the order tho'), it was way back in May 1981....

The opening act was called "Waterfall"...two blokes, a girl....and a toy Rabbit on drums !!
PostPosted:Thu Feb 08, 2007 15:45 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Gee Post subject: Carrie too....!
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Oh yes I forgot...."Carrie Anne" too !
I Was surprised they did "Stay" and "Searchin'" in the Medley...but they sounded terrific! I was a bit surprised no "Curly Billy" or "Gasoline Alley Bred"
ah well....
PostPosted:Thu Feb 08, 2007 15:49 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Thanks for that, Geoff. I never knew Clarke did 'Priest' on stage. Blimey!

PostPosted:Thu Feb 08, 2007 15:52 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

GordonJ wrote:
A Bootleg recording exists of one of the 1983 New Zealand concerts Jamie Moses took part in. Another unusual aspect of this recording is that Tony Hicks speaks on it. I don't think Tony ever spoke much at concerts before the mid eighties. He certainly said very little if anything at Edinburgh in 79.
GordonJ

Regarding Tony speaking at concerts, during the show I saw in 1972 when the band toured the US, Tony in fact did all of the speaking during the show, with Terry chiming in a bit. Mikael, probably a bit shy due to English being a second language to him, said nothing during the whole concert. I remember Tony's offhand remarks about certain performers "dressing up like women", obviously in reference to David Bowie and Alice Cooper. Ironically, the band faced the same kind of thing in 1983 when Boy George and Culture Club were all the rage.
PostPosted:Thu Feb 08, 2007 16:26 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
MichealC Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

That isn't Jamie Moses on the Mainz 1982 concert, it's Allan Coates. Though Moses was with the band the following year in New Zealand.

Michael
PostPosted:Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:48 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic