graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On » Hello to all from a newbie
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
snowflake Post subject: Hello to all from a newbie
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Just wanted to say hi to everyone -- I am a newbie to this board, although not to the wonderful music of the Hollies! I've been a fan since 1966. I've only seen them once in concert (1983) which was kind of a disappointment since my fave, Bernie Calvert, was no longer in the band. Still it was nice to see Allan, Tony, Bobby and Graham together and they put on a terrific show.

I saw Terry Sylvester in Ocean Grove, NJ in 2005; what a show!!! Just Terry and his guitar; awesome! He shared the bill with Peter Noone and Chad & Jeremy; they were all great but Terry was the reason I went in the first place, and he certainly was impressive. His version of "Our Day Will Come" was so beautiful!

This forum is fantastic and I'm so glad there is so much information on here about all of the Hollies, past and present. It's going to take me quite a while to get through it all -- poor me Wink

PostPosted:Mon Feb 05, 2007 14:24 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Ray Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Hi Snowflake and welcome.
I was lucky enough to see the Hollies live for the first time here in Christchurch New Zealand in 1983. I think this concert was before their tour of the States as I remember Tony Hicks commenting about joining up with Graham Nash for that tour after their tour of NZ. Unfortunately I never got to see them perform with Terry or Bernie. But I did manage to see them live again in Chrischurch in 1987.
PostPosted:Mon Feb 05, 2007 15:21 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Welcome, snowflake!

It's good to have new people on board. I was caught in 1964, that's a while back, i must admit.
And today - believe me or not - I got the first US album Here I go again from the USA via ebay. That is going back isn't it?

I am sure you have interesting input to put forward. Let's go!

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Mon Feb 05, 2007 17:20 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Vrinda Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Welcome, Snowflake! We're glad to have you here! Very Happy

I've been a fan since 1991, not as far back as Knut, but it seems like a long time ago, considering so much has happened since then. I never got to see the Hollies in concert, but one day ...

I look forward to talking to you here again!

Vrinda
PostPosted:Mon Feb 05, 2007 19:14 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Snowflake,
Nice to have you here, how luck are you to see the Hollies with Graham Nash, I've seen the band 5 times but never with Graham.
It's great to have a place to talk Hollies so I hope you have a fun time here, I know I do,
best wishes,
Anthony

PostPosted:Mon Feb 05, 2007 21:58 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
snowflake Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Hi all and thanks for your welcoming words! I'm looking forward to having a great time here.

PostPosted:Mon Feb 05, 2007 22:39 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Gee Post subject: snowflake
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Welcome to the Hollies Forum, Terry and Bernie were both smashing lads, and their version of the band was one of it's finest "incarnations" especially in concert, the only line up I never saw live was the "Rickfors" Hollies...but all versions are/were superb !.
PostPosted:Mon Feb 05, 2007 22:51 pm

Last edited by Gee on Thu May 27, 2010 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Snowflake and welcome aboard the Hollies express...next stop - Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame(at least we hope). We look forward to your input. It's been fun for me and I suspect you will enjoy the cyber friendships that await you. In addition, prepare yourself...you will get a thorough Hollies history lesson from the experts on this site. Oh, one last thing...enjoy the ride!
PostPosted:Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:23 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
snowflake Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Yes, holliesfan, I agree -- it is unbelievable that The Hollies have yet to be inducted in to the Hall of Fame. I certainly hope that they will be some day soon.

I have a question about the available Hollies DVDs. I have the "Special Edition EP" with Jennifer Eccles, Sorry Suzanne, Do the Best You Can, and Listen to Me. How many other DVDs are currently available to those of us in the USA? I read something in another thread about a "He Ain't Heavy" DVD -- can someone supply me with details as to how many songs are on it and where I can purchase it or any others? Thanks so much!

PostPosted:Tue Feb 06, 2007 17:17 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Gee Post subject: HE AIN'T HEAVY...DVD
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

The DVD "He Ain't Heavy..." is a German "Veo Star" release cat No. VEO STAR 2127 Code "O" ( All Regions) , Running time 62 mins approx.

It has 20 song clips (Colour and Black & White ), The last track, oddly, is an instrumental "Longing for You" by The Dreamers..! with the first track an intro
PostPosted:Tue Feb 06, 2007 19:57 pm

Last edited by Gee on Thu May 27, 2010 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Yes the He Aint Heavy DVD is on ebay, plenty of copies for sale. I got my copy from ebay but I have seen the odd copy for sale in DVD shops here.
It's a great DVD, you will be very happy with it.

PostPosted:Tue Feb 06, 2007 20:11 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
snowflake Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Sounds like a good one, and thanks so much for the info -- off I go to Ebay in search of this DVD!

PostPosted:Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:43 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
snowflake Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

I found this DVD on Ebay. Does anyone know anything about this -- it's called The Hollies on TV 1963-'74 Rare TV Appearances. It's shipped from the U.S. and it says "Real Factory-Pressed DVD!". The seller is ayecarumba742 (rating 100% -- can't get any better than that, I suppose). Running time 2 hours. Do any of you have it; if so is the quality good? Thanks a lot.

PostPosted:Wed Feb 07, 2007 13:33 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1